This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some notes from minicamp.
    We both put this on Twitter but rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin is very fast and explosive. Harvin made several nice plays down the field and showed off his speed. We’re prohibited from divulging too much information from practice such as specific formations and plays but I think it’s fair to note that the coaches continue to move Harvin all over the field, including in the backfield.

Here is what linebacker Ben Leber said about Harvin: “We were talking about AP’s first year and everybody was throwing the word around ‘explosive.’ I think it’s same thing you can say about Percy. He’s explosive. You definitely want to get the ball in his hands.”

Defensive end Jared Allen said the first day is used to shake off rust. “If you looked at me right now on film you would think I was a garbage rookie. Each year is the same. It starts on Day 1. I’ll go in and get yelled at for doing something wrong and then we’ll come out tomorrow and make it look all good.”

Asked about his health after playing through knee and shoulder injuries last season, Allen said he feels good and included a caveat: “I didn’t forget about all those people who hurt me either so it’s on.”

Rookie Phil Loadholt worked with the first team at right tackle while Ryan Cook was at right guard in place of Anthony Herrera, whose still working his way back from offseason surgery.

Brad Childress said Herrera and tackle Artis Hicks will continue to be somewhat limited until training camp while they regain their strength.
    It’s going to be an interesting competition to see who gets that final spot at receiver. The Vikings kept five last season. It should be a spirited competition between Aundrae Allison, Glenn Holt, Darius Reynaud and Jaymar Johnson.

The Vikings have good depth at defensive line with backups Fred Evans, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy and if Kenechi Udeze can complete his remarkable comeback.

E.J. Henderson was back working with the first team at middle linebacker after playing in only four games last season because of two dislocated toes on his left foot. Henderson has declared himself to be 100 percent and looked to be moving very well while working between Chad Greenway and Ben Leber.
    Nose tackle Pat Williams, who underwent minor surgery on his knee after the season, was wearing a brace-like wrap on his left knee. Linebacker Heath Farwell and defensive end Jayme Mitchell, who both suffered season-ending injuries during the 2008 preseason, also are wearing braces.

Childress and newcomer Sage Rosenfels spent several minutes talking on the field following practice. Rosenfels continues to learn the Vikings offense. In one-on-one drills, Rosenfels threw a nice pass that Bobby Wade caught about 40 yards down field after beating cornerback Marcus McCauley.

John David Booty is the forgotten man when it comes to Vikings quarterbacks but he looked good on Friday. Booty has definitely either lost weight or shifted it around to the point where he looks to be in much better shape. Booty connected with rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin in one drill on what appeared to be about a 40-yard pass down the right sideline. Harvin beat cornerback Derrick Roberson on the play.

The first-team offensive line to start drills included Bryant McKinnie at left tackle, Steve Hutchinson at left guard, John Sullivan at center, Ryan Cook at right guard and Phil Loadholt at right tackle. Loadholt, who is listed at 6-8, 343 pounds and is definitely bigger than McKinnie (6-8, 335 pounds), was used on just about every possible unit (first, second and third team) at right tackle.

At one point, Brian Daniels got reps with the first team at right guard and Cook was back at right tackle.

Sullivan is your center, folks. He’s going to get every chance to win this job. Rookie free agents Jon Cooper (Oklahoma) and Juan Garcia (Washington) are battling behind Sullivan.

One of the more interesting plays of the day came in team drills when Brian Robison tipped Tarvaris Jackson’s pass at the line of scrimmage. The ball went into the air and wide receiver Darius Reynaud had the presence of mind to catch the pass.

sig by BK and avy by me
    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• John Sullivan at center, Ryan Cook at right guard and Phil Loadholt at right tackle.
      No wonder he isn't consistent. He is moved around to every position on the freakin line.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
        No wonder he isn't consistent. He is moved around to every position on the freakin line.
        well I dont think he will be making the first string OL anyways. Herrea will be back to take over the RG position and Loadholt will solidify the RT. Pretty much the only question is the C and if Sullivan can come in and play decent and doesnt have problem with the QB's then we should have a solid Line.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Eh Ryan Cook will have to get used to switching positions. Best case scenario is for him to become a multi positon backup kinda like Artis Hicks is now. Although unlike Hicks(Who can backup all 5 spots) he would only be able to play 3 positons(C, RG, and RT).

Comment

• Some more news from the Kevin & Pat Williams front line. Aaparently the NFL and NFLPA lawyers were admist discussions for a settlement before Magnuson ruled.

The five players facing penalties in the StarCaps case nearly had a deal to avoid any suspensions, according to four sources with knowledge of the discussions.

During settlement talks as recent as May 22, sources said the league was willing to set aside the four-game suspensions for Charles Grant(notes), Deuce McAllister(notes), Will Smith(notes), Kevin Williams(notes) and Pat Williams(notes), but were asking the players to pay a “six-figure” fine instead. In addition, the union requested that appeals of suspensions no longer be heard by commissioner Roger Goodell or someone in the league office, according to three of the four aforementioned sources.

Conversely, the league didn’t want to give up that right because it considered the issue to be an important element of upcoming talks over a new collective bargaining agreement...
            http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I wouldn't be suprised if the NFL started talking a settlement with Peter Ginsberg(Kevin & Pat Williams Lawyer). Kevin & Pat have a bit more leverage now as it is obvious the league doesn't want this thing to get to MN State Courts so maybe they can work this out. Also I don't think Peter Ginsberg will try to push for a new appeal structure from the NFL so that hurdle shouldn't be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
              Some more news from the Kevin & Pat Williams front line. Aaparently the NFL and NFLPA lawyers were admist discussions for a settlement before Magnuson ruled.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I wouldn't be suprised if the NFL started talking a settlement with Peter Ginsberg(Kevin & Pat Williams Lawyer). Kevin & Pat have a bit more leverage now as it is obvious the league doesn't want this thing to get to MN State Courts so maybe they can work this out. Also I don't think Peter Ginsberg will try to push for a new appeal structure from the NFL so that hurdle shouldn't be there.
              I agree, and I think it would be smart for both sides. If the case is heard in state courts and the players win, then that looks bad for the NFL and sets a precedence. For the Williamses, if they were to lose, then they have to serve that 4 game suspension, they may not get their lawsuit money, but they'd at least get to play and not have to forfeit their paychecks.

sig by BK and avy by me
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• All I have to say with this picture is wtf...Jared Allen told him to get it so at least it wasn't his idea.

Here are some of the Highlights of the Minicamp this past weekend.

The Vikings have more OTAs starting Tuesday. They are not mandatory, but Brad Childress said everyone is invited. We’ll have more this week, but here is a recap from the weekend.

* The competition between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson heated up as Childress said both quarterbacks had bright moments this weekend. It’s hard to tell if one moved ahead of the other, but I will say I thought Rosenfels had a very good practice today. He looked sharp throwing the ball, particularly in team drills. He threw a perfect ball to Bernard Berrian over two defenders for a touchdown and he connected with Percy Harvin on a superb touchdown catch in the corner of the end zone. Both Jackson and Rosenfels seemed to get equal reps with the first team.
                * The story of the weekend was Harvin. It doesn’t take a football genius to see that he is a special talent. His speed and athletic ability stand out whether it’s individual drills, 7-on-7 or full team drills. He definitely created a buzz amongst players, team personnel and media members with his versatility and playmaking. The Vikings now have two dynamic playmakers in Adrian Peterson and Harvin.
                * Childress didn’t seem too inclined to add the Wildcat formation to his playbook last season, but Harvin’s arrival has sparked new ideas. Chester Taylor looked pretty comfortable taking the direct snap too, but Harvin seems to be a natural at it. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said the coaches have put in roughly 15 new plays just for Harvin, which tells you what they think of his talent.
                * Antoine Winfield’s absence was the big story Friday because of his contract situation. Childress said Winfield missed all three days to attend the funeral of his close friend’s mother. Childress declined to say whether it was an excused absence. We’ll see how this situation plays out this week and whether Winfield shows up for the voluntary OTAs.
                * It was great to see Kenechi Udeze back on the field after missing last season while battling leukemia. Udeze said he still has some physical hurdles to clear, but he looked extremely happy to be back with his teammates. It’s too early to even guess how much he can contribute this season, but he seems very determined to make it all the way back.
                * The Vikings did a solid job filling in after E.J. Henderson suffered a season-ending foot injury, but the defense looks so much stronger with Henderson at middle linebacker. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said Henderson’s return “does my heart some good.” Henderson appeared to be 100 percent and was moving around well.
                * I talked to Sidney Rice after practice today and he said his right knee gave him no problems this weekend. Rice made a difficult touchdown catch on the final play of the minicamp. I still think he can be a key part of the offense if he can stay healthy.
                * Childress said center John Sullivan showed that “he can handle his own in there.” Sullivan is going to be the starting center and Childress said he’s comfortable with that position. Veteran Matt Birk made all the calls at the line when he was here and Sullivan seems to be handling that responsibility well. Rosenfels said he hasn’t detected any problems or any hesitancy from Sullivan in that regard.
                * Rookie right tackle Phil Loadholt had a false start penalty in team period Saturday and will have more growing pains, but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t win that job. Loadholt is just enormous with long arms, plays physical and seems to move well. Loadholt and Bryant McKinnie would give the Vikings a massive tackle tandem.
                * Both Childress and Frazier said second-year safety Tyrell Johnson is vastly improved and benefitted greatly from starting in place of an injured Madieu Williams last season. Judd will have more on that tomorrow.
                * It should be a good competition between Albert Young and rookie Ian Johnson for the No. 3 running back job.
                * Judd pointed this out today but tight end Visanthe Shiancoe just looks completely confident catching the ball. It’s amazing how much he improved last season, especially his confidence.
                * I think it’s safe to say Peterson is not going to show up at training camp weighing 230 pounds. Peterson said he lowered his body fat, added six pounds of muscle and now weighs 216.

Comment

• Kenechi Udeze returning is great news. It will take time to get back into playing shape but he will bring a ton of motivation to the entire team. Scary, really, now that Allen is in and the secondary addes some help.

Sidney Rice . . . who? lol. Like a 3rd WR will see many touches in the Vikes offense.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I just cant bring myself to the notion of rallying for somebody named sage. What a truly ridiculous name.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      I just cant bring myself to the notion of rallying for somebody named sage. What a truly ridiculous name.
                      maybe he sweats the sweet smell of SAGE!

sig by fenikz
                      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                      You are just a terrible person.
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        Kenechi Udeze returning is great news. It will take time to get back into playing shape but he will bring a ton of motivation to the entire team. Scary, really, now that Allen is in and the secondary addes some help.

Sidney Rice . . . who? lol. Like a 3rd WR will see many touches in the Vikes offense.
                        I think Sidney will end up as the 2nd WR instead of 3rd WR. From what I have read Percy Harvin will be in the slot most the time when he is on the field as a WR this season. So that leaves Bobby Wade and Sidney to compete for the #2 spot across from Berrian. A healthy Sidney Rice could definatly end up winning that competition. Atleast he had better win or he really won't see many touches out of the #4 spot.

Comment

• Idk, Bobby Wade was actaully pretty reliable last season. Healthy is the key word with Sidney. I think its do or die for him this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                            I think Sidney will end up as the 2nd WR instead of 3rd WR. From what I have read Percy Harvin will be in the slot most the time when he is on the field as a WR this season. So that leaves Bobby Wade and Sidney to compete for the #2 spot across from Berrian. A healthy Sidney Rice could definatly end up winning that competition. Atleast he had better win or he really won't see many touches out of the #4 spot.
                            Even if he is the 2nd WR he still won't see the ball that often. Berrian and Harvin will see the majority of the targets with most of our offense coming through AD and Chester.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Lawyers for the NFL say the league won’t try to enforce its four-game suspension of Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for their use of a banned substance for the moment.

Attorneys for the Williamses and the NFL appeared Tuesday before Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson as the star defensive tackles fight their four-game suspensions.

Comment

• So far so good, Lets just hope they win this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information