Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griffin is just a tackler; that's all. He's like the Roy Williams of cornerbacks, except he's never made a Pro Bowl.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      Griffin is just a tackler; that's all. He's like the Roy Williams of cornerbacks, except he's never made a Pro Bowl.
      A tackler that actually misses a fair amount of tackles. I'd call him decent against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        A tackler that actually misses a fair amount of tackles. I'd call him decent against the run.
        Bring back Greg Blue!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
          I don't know how the titans could be considered anywhere near the best team in the NFL. They have beaten a bunch of crappy teams... the vikings included.
          A win is a win, beating a 0-4 team is the same as beating a 4-0 team in the record books. In all honesty though, your not convinced that the Titans have a top 3 defense in the league?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
            A win is a win, beating a 0-4 team is the same as beating a 4-0 team in the record books. In all honesty though, your not convinced that the Titans have a top 3 defense in the league?
            No, I'm really not. Peterson had room to run. Haynesworth for the most part was blocked pretty well.

It's a solid defense, but they haven't played one team with good offensive balance yet.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I've heard enough excuses for this piece of garbage. Cedric Griffin sucks. He sucks with a pass rush and he sucks without a pass rush. He sucks against good receivers and he sucks against bad receivers. Winfield isn't even getting thrown at anymore. Collins just stared down Griffin's receiver, the dominant Justin Gage, and he got burnt all day long. His replacement needs to be either drafted or signed in the offseason because he's pathetic.
              Classic pissed off home football fan.

You can take Ramos McDonald or Eric Kelly or Robert Tate or Wasswa Serwanga....

I will take Cedric Griffin.

Has he played bad? Yes.

Is he the worst corner the Vikings have ever had, which is what you make him out to be? No.

Think back a little man, if you even watched the Vikings back then....

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

Has he played bad? Yes.

Is he the worst corner the Vikings have ever had, which is what you make him out to be? No.

Show me where I said he is the worst CB we have ever had. I just said he ******* sucks, which he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

Has he played bad? Yes.

I'll actually take Eric Kelly over him. And I think I get what point you are trying to make, but that doesn't make it any less idiotic. I mean, the simple fact that we've had some of the most pathetic starting cornerbacks in the league over the past decade doesn't excuse Griffin's porous play.
                  SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Keep it civil boys
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I actually hope Frerotte is injured so the slight chance that the team gets a clue and trades for Jeff Garcia increases. I seriously think the only way we are making a push for a playoff birth with Childress at coach is if we trade for Garcia and hope he can will the team to victory amidst the terrible playcalling by the worst head coach in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        I actually hope Frerotte is injured so the slight chance that the team gets a clue and trades for Jeff Garcia increases.

Gus is not the cause of this defeat. He played well in the last 2 games , and even if i wasn't sure of the switch from TJ to him at first i think it's a good decision now.

The problem today was that the vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Stupid penalties, defensive offsides on third down that extends drive, offensive holdings that negates first downs and good gains on returns and runs.

Terrible play calling.
                        Chester Taylor up the middle on 1 and 16???
                        Our coach are absolutely unimaginative and predictable. According to the nfl play by play, on 16 third downs, the Vikings lined up 16 times in Shotgun formation, and attempted 16 passes (even on third and 1...). No elements of surprise. They seem to never try something different.

And finally, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers inside our 35 yards line... 21 points off turnover, that's what killed us.

Crappy game all around. Feels like same old same old sometimes for this Vikings fan...

PS We were robbed by the referees on that 4 and 2.... There is no way the receiver crossed the first down line. That could have changed the game completely.

Comment

looks like the Ram drop Linehan, why can't we do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
                            Gus is not the cause of this defeat. He played well in the last 2 games , and even if i wasn't sure of the switch from TJ to him at first i think it's a good decision now.

The problem today was that the vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Stupid penalties, defensive offsides on third down that extends drive, offensive holdings that negates first downs and good gains on returns and runs.

Terrible play calling.
                            Chester Taylor up the middle on 1 and 16???
                            Our coach are absolutely unimaginative and predictable. According to the nfl play by play, on 16 third downs, the Vikings lined up 16 times in Shotgun formation, and attempted 16 passes (even on third and 1...). No elements of surprise. They seem to never try something different.

And finally, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers inside our 35 yards line... 21 points off turnover, that's what killed us.

Crappy game all around. Feels like same old same old sometimes for this Vikings fan...

PS We were robbed by the referees on that 4 and 2.... There is no way the receiver crossed the first down line. That could have changed the game completely.
                            I am not saying Frerotte is the reason we lost. I do think though that we won't be making the playoffs with him as our QB. I thin kdespite the terrible coaching Garcia could win us a couple extra games on his own, something Frerotte won't do.

Comment

Our coaches donít get the most out of our players. We have 2 of the best running backs in the league and we throw the ball 45 times and run freakin 18?!? What a joke, they need to get creative and put both backs on the field at the same time, line up AD at receiver and Chester in the back field and run a reverse/ fake reverse or something. Frerotte is a game manager and he does it well but we never have an opportunity for a big play. Watch any other team in the league and they get creative with their play calling, they donít just run the same vanilla run, run, pass. We play good teams close but we will never win if we only score 1 or 2 TD's a game. We have to much talent on this team to be playing so mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                                Our coaches donít get the most out of our players. We have 2 of the best running backs in the league and we throw the ball 45 times and run freakin 18?!? What a joke, they need to get creative and put both backs on the field at the same time, line up AD at receiver and Chester in the back field and run a reverse/ fake reverse or something. Frerotte is a game manager and he does it well but we never have an opportunity for a big play. Watch any other team in the league and they get creative with their play calling, they donít just run the same vanilla run, run, pass. We play good teams close but we will never win if we only score 1 or 2 TD's a game. We have to much talent on this team to be playing so mediocre.
                                That whole statement is all true and the Last sentence just caps it off. There is so much Talent on this team. Hutch, AP, Taylor, Berrian, Birk, Winfield, Sharper, EJ, Greenway, Allen, Williams and Williams. All of those guys are either been pro bowl players or have the potenital in my eyes to be pro bowls. Childress and the Coach Staff are holding them back. The Day Adrian signed with us I have been scared of the day when he becomes a FA because I know if we dont win he wont want to play for us and He is too good to just have for 5 years and to get rid. We need to get rid of Childress and Maybe even Spielmen buts that a questionable because he has got us the players we need to succeed it just the Coach needs to take those players and win and with a record of 15-21, that is not what we were looking for after tice.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information