X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winfield signs contract extension
    July 23rd, 2009 2:20 PM by Chip Scoggins

Antoine Winfield has signed a contract extension. Judd is on the phone with Winfield as I type. He signed a five-year extension (they basically ripped up his final season).

Judd will post more when he gets off the phone with Winfield.
    Excellent to hear. I knew it was coming since yesterdays news Just glad to see it actually done.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• 5 years ~ $36 million & $16 guaranteed per ESPN

I am very happy that they got this done before the season started. I doubt that he plays through the entire 5 years, but this had to get done.... he's straight money on the corner.
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• More specific details of the contract from the Star Tribune:
        Here’s the contract details from Judd: It’s a five-year contract worth $36 million, including $16.1 in guarantees and a few likely to be earned incentives that will push up the value the first few seasons. He is scheduled to make $6.1 million this season but with likely incentives he should make around $7.5 million.

sig by BK and avy by me
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
          October 5th Baby!!!! MNF!!!!

I will be going (and probably surrounded by Packer fans) and I am going to be taking the next day off.
          Hopefully I'm one of those Packer fans. I got my tickets nearly a month ago. Can't wait. Mind if I ask where you're sitting?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Also, that was a big contract for weinfeld. I'd bet its back loaded like hell.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

Comment

• Winfield's contract actually is quite unique. Again from the Star Trib: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3062
              The compromise they came to in announcing Winfield’s five-year, $36 million ($16.1 million guaranteed) deal on Thursday is an interesting one and could be termed a de-esclator and potentially esclator clause. The verbiage states that if Winfield loses his starting job in 2011 and moves to the nickel role, the following season his salary of $7 million will be cut in half, meaning he will be paid as a top nickel corner rather than a top starting corner. But if Winfield eventually gets the starting job back his salary will jump back up to its previous terms.

What this means is that if Winfield loses his job, the Vikings won’t be tempted to cut him because he’s making way too much money. And Winfield won’t be looking for a raise in either situation because he would be well compenstated for the position he plays. Of course, if Winfield keep the starting spot his salary won’t change.

“I haven’t seen anybody else with it,” Winfield’s agent, Ashanti Webb, said when asked about the unique deal.

sig by BK and avy by me
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• As long as it keeps Antoine in a Vikings uniform, I like it.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  Hopefully I'm one of those Packer fans. I got my tickets nearly a month ago. Can't wait. Mind if I ask where you're sitting?
                  Section 133, row 5 at the very end of the row. The visitor's bench is so close that they get to hear all of my lame insults.

They are my father-in-law's tickets. They were his dad's season tickets dating back to the old Met Stadium. I have gone to at least 1 game for the last 6 years. Starting this year, my wife and I are now splitting the tickets with him so i will get to go to even more games in the near future. Hooray :D
                  Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Section 133, row 5 at the very end of the row. The visitor's bench is so close that they get to hear all of my lame insults.

They are my father-in-law's tickets. They were his dad's season tickets dating back to the old Met Stadium. I have gone to at least 1 game for the last 6 years. Starting this year, my wife and I are now splitting the tickets with him so i will get to go to even more games in the near future. Hooray :D
                    Isn't that close to where DJP sits?

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

• DJP???

Favre needs to **** or get off the pot.... This constant drama that surrounds him has always been the thing that bothers me the most about him. Attention *****!!!!! (who i'd love to have on our team)

Comment

• DJP is our team leader you moron! :)

And yes I agree that Favre needs to make up his damn mind.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Sorry, i am still at a loss for DJP....

Comment

Weak, I'm in 120. I was hoping to get into a scuffle with some Viking fans. Lucky for you it will likely be someone else. ;)

they get smoked.

Comment

• I'm in 138. 5 sections away. 133 is some kick ass seats though
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                                I'm in 138. 5 sections away. 133 is some kick ass seats though
                                Kick ass seats, in the metrodome? ;)

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information