David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
    Am I the ONLY one here who thinks right now Brooks Bollinger probably goes into training camp as the #1 ?
    Yes, and that includes Childress.
    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Seriously , Bollinger has more years in the league...probably better prepared (I would hope) not only that he actually looked better prior to his injury than either Johnson or Jackson did all of last year.

Does anyone REALLY believe that Jackson is going to be so far along come week 1 that they can cast him the starter now ?...In April ?
      Forget acquiring a QB...of the 2 that are on the roster...who makes more sense to start now ?

Comment

Does anyone REALLY believe that Jackson is going to be so far along come week 1 that they can cast him the starter now ?...In April ? Forget acquiring a QB...of the 2 that are on the roster...who makes more sense to start now ?
        Childress. He is the one who drafted him, and then started him. He is the one who met with him in Alabama (while attending Senior Bowl) and discussed offense. He is the one who flew him up to Winter Park to be present for FA signing, i.e. Shinacoe.

Frankly, I think Jackson is destined to fail. He doesn't have the support of offensive playmakers in order to succeed. I think all rookie quarterbacks would be destined to fail, as well. We just don't have the targets.
        "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
        4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Childress did NOT draft him. Childress started him part out of frustration where the offense was, part because Brad Johnson's talking to the media (a big no no to B.C.) and part because Bollinger was hurt (lack of a better option).
          It wasn't really a "choice" when your team went 2-4 and was still in the playoff hunt. He took a gamble, a risk...seeing the results of some of the other drafted QB's and it backfired...not only did the team NOT respond, it went backwards. Unless of course you think 3 first downs in a GAME is a step in the right direction. Furthermore Childress met in Alabama because Jackson drove down there scared out of his mind that the team was going to shelve him after his putrid campaign. They had lunch, seriously, so what ?
          Is Childress now suddenly going to throw away his unbiasis because he has a lunch buddy ?
          I'd love to see something that said CHILDRESS bought and paid for Jackson to be there for our "big" signing of Shiancoe.
          I will say any rookie QB stepping into this situation is probably destined for failure, however when you lack the skills to begin with (both physcially and mental preperation) you don't have a snowballs chance in hades.

Comment

You don't know any of this, and you can't prove any of this. You don't like Tarvaris, so you are making up crap to make him look bad. That's what you tend to do with most of your opinions (make up facts to support them).

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

So this is what happens when I ask you to support your claim ?
              Fact is you can't prove that Childress had ANYTHING to do with Jackson getting drafted and you completely made up that crap ,about him being brought up here on Childress' dime , for the signing of Shiancoe.

Comment

Here's some quotes from Childress on Carr:

Some have thought David Carr might be on the Vikings radar. But coach Brad Childress was candid in his assessment of Carr, the top overall pick in the 2002 draft. "I always struggled with where his release came from," Childress said. "It's kind of a drop-down, three-quarter, not overhand, over the top release. Just in the tape I've watched [since] he's been in the league, he can make some of the throws, he can't make all the throws. He gets some balls batted [down] at the line of scrimmage just because of where that ball comes from. ... "He's a smart guy, he's a decent athlete but when you're buying a quarterback at this level and you kick the tires, there shouldn't be a lot of things that you're trying to straighten out."

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2007/march/23#137606

Looks like we might be "set" with Jackson / Bollinger and Henson going into
                07...yippie.

Comment

So this is what happens when I ask you to support your claim ?
                  Fact is you can't prove that Childress had ANYTHING to do with Jackson getting drafted and you completely made up that crap ,about him being brought up here on Childress' dime , for the signing of Shiancoe.
                  LOL! Childress is a former offensive coordinator and former quarterbacks coach. When the "Triangle of Authority" existed, Zygi said Childress was the main decision-making authority, and said he had the final say on everything.

Are you really ignorant enough to conclude that anybody other than Childress made the final call on Tarvaris Jackson?

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                  4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

He said he wanted a "diamond in the rough" are you so ignorant that this statement translates to "trade up multiple picks for Cook and Jackson" in ANY way ?

No, and the guy who called that shot was fired.
                    THE DAY after the draft...coincidence ? I think not.

Comment

So then it would be safe to say that Tarvaris won't be starting in 07, then, right?

If Tarvaris is starting, it'd be easy to see that he was Childress' baby.

So I guess a few months time will tell, eh? I think you will end up looking foolish, just like when you vehemently bashed me for saying Tomlin would get the Steelers' HC gig.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Why would that be a safe bet ? Childress doesn't have much to work with...he's already said it's an open competition going into next year. Do I like it ? No, do I think Bollinger is the ABOSLUTE starter ? No. Do I think he probably is a step ahead of Jackson AT THIS POINT ? Yes. DOes that mean it can't change ? No.
                        None of this though has anything to do with being "childress' baby". In fact if The Vikes end up taking a QB AT ALL on draft day will you FINALLY conclude that Jackson was not Childress' pick at all ?

And our arguement was over the D.C of the Vikes for this year...I said I didn't think Tomlin was going anywhere not that he couldn't.

Comment

I think we should be looking more at Davis than Carr, though both, if healthy, would be starters for us without a doubt as the team stands(given an unbiased coaching decision).

Carr is better and more talented than any of our QBs and its not even close.

Davis at 75% is a better player than Taylor. If he is less than 75% he should still be a very good backup back and give us a player with a somewhat different style to Chester.

Either way, we should be talking to both. I know we probably wont because we have an arrogant and useless git in charge.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076522.html

at the bottom bullets it says...

The Vikings have made casual inquiries about free-agent receiver Eric Moulds, released earlier this month by Houston. Moulds, 33, has 732 career receptions for the Texans and Buffalo Bills.

The Vikings told the agent for Houston quarterback David Carr, who was waived Friday, that they are not interested in signing him. They plan to enter training camp with Tarvaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger competing for the starting job.

So either the vikings are playing the media right now saying where not interested but really are or we are not. But we could have a ex-texan on the team with Moulds and that would save us from using a pick on draft day for another WR other than 2.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Looks like we might be "set" with Jackson / Bollinger and Henson going into
                              07...yippie.

Then I forsee another 6-10 season for the Vikes.

Comment

Childress' offseason depth chart includes Artis Hicks as the first-team right guard and Ryan Cook as the top right tackle, the Vikings' arrangement for the final three games of last season. Childress said he expects Anthony Herrera to compete with Hicks at right guard and Marcus Johnson to share time with Cook at right tackle during mini-camp drills.
                                Dammit, why do we continue to play Marcus Johnson at tackle?
                                SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information