Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Or anywhere for that matter.

    Honestly though we shouldn't be able to justify keeping them on the roster if we have no intentions of playing them.
    If they can help, we'll find out this year...what struck me as funny was the team no saying
    "They plan to enter training camp with Tarvaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger competing for the starting job."
    Which sounds to me like either they don't anticipate Quinn not being there or not having any interest in him if he is.....the smokescreens are in full effect.


    and it pisses me off. The 3 on the roster are not good enough.

    Comment


    • #32
      Johnson and Cook are both guards. Neither of them have the quickness or the foot speed to be on an island on the edge. If Childress tries playing either of them at RT, it will be yet another item to add to Childress' long list of misjudgments.
      "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

      sig by vikes99ej

      RIP Sean Taylor
      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

      Comment


      • #33
        Say on draft day it comes to the 7th pick and Adams/Quinn/Landry are all gone. Do you think the organization would look at Levi or should they trade back or draft anderson or Okoye/Branch
        Last edited by The Dynasty; 03-24-2007, 02:06 PM.



        Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
          Say on draft day it comes to the 7th pick and Adams/Quinn/Landry are all gone. Do you think the organization would look at Levi or should they trade back or draft anderson or Okoye/Branch
          I would definitely trade down farther and pick up a wide reciever along the lines of a Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachem.

          Comment


          • #35
            Levi Brown isn't all that great, I have no idea why I see him going top 12 in some mocks. The guys arms are short he doesn't play with great technique and doesn't have any fire....I'd prefer an Aaron Sears in the 2nd or a Tony Ugoh / Joe Staley later on if we must go RT day 1.
            If we take someone at 7 for need an not because they're an elite talent I swear I'm going to mail Childress one of my turds.

            Comment


            • #36
              If we take someone at 7 for need an not because they're an elite talent I swear I'm going to mail Childress one of my turds.
              Lmao...I'd hope Rick Speilmen speaks up and trades down if that does happen actually.



              Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

              Comment


              • #37
                I cant imagine all three of those gone by our pick i think landry will most likely still be on the board for us but if that came up id like to see some sort of trade down to pick up okoye, branch, bowe, jarret, or willis and maybe levi depending on how far we trade down but i agree with severe i like some of the later prospects for tackle in sears, staley or ugoh

                Comment


                • #38
                  A source says Carolina is not high on David Carr's wish list because the presence of Jake Delhomme means the Panthers already have a starter in place. Carr is eyeing Minnesota, where the offensive line is very good and he'd have a chance to start right away.
                  -- Charlotte Observer


                  Interesting, although I dunno about our oline being very good.
                  SKOL VIKINGS!


                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Rick Spielman will probably pull some terrible deal on draft day. Remember, this is the guy who got outsmarted by one Mike Tice..... Tice convinced him to swap picks (20 and 21, I believe) and also acquired a day one pick. Just completely, completely stupid.
                    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

                    sig by vikes99ej

                    RIP Sean Taylor
                    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                      Wrong, wrong and wrong. Childress did NOT draft him. Childress started him part out of frustration where the offense was, part because Brad Johnson's talking to the media (a big no no to B.C.) and part because Bollinger was hurt (lack of a better option).
                      It wasn't really a "choice" when your team went 2-4 and was still in the playoff hunt. He took a gamble, a risk...seeing the results of some of the other drafted QB's and it backfired...not only did the team NOT respond, it went backwards. Unless of course you think 3 first downs in a GAME is a step in the right direction. Furthermore Childress met in Alabama because Jackson drove down there scared out of his mind that the team was going to shelve him after his putrid campaign. They had lunch, seriously, so what ?
                      Is Childress now suddenly going to throw away his unbiasis because he has a lunch buddy ?
                      I'd love to see something that said CHILDRESS bought and paid for Jackson to be there for our "big" signing of Shiancoe.
                      I will say any rookie QB stepping into this situation is probably destined for failure, however when you lack the skills to begin with (both physcially and mental preperation) you don't have a snowballs chance in hades.
                      wasnt tavaris jackson a 3rd rd pick last year? id find it odd to give up on a qb who only played some of his rookie year with not alot of weapons on offense, i mean he was drafted pretty high, so i doubt he had NO physical tools like you say, and yea he was probably shell shocked out there his first year, but why would a coach, or anyone just give up on a player so soon...i dont think he would of been drafted in the 3rd rd to go into his 2nd year behind bollinger, and i dont think that he had ZERO physical or mental tools, otherwise the thousands of people who interviewed him or saw him workout must of missed something





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        he sux. If we're banking on him for "the future" then the future looks bleak. And he was the last pick in the 2nd round...not the 3rd...but he was projected to be a 4th round pick. We just outsmarted everyone and took him 60 picks to high.

                        I probably wouldn't be so hard on him if we took him where he was supposed to go. We wasted 2 solid 2nd round selections last year by reaching. If we do that with one of our day 1 picks this year we might
                        not win 5 games.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          wasnt tavaris jackson a 3rd rd pick last year? id find it odd to give up on a qb who only played some of his rookie year with not alot of weapons on offense, i mean he was drafted pretty high, so i doubt he had NO physical tools like you say, and yea he was probably shell shocked out there his first year, but why would a coach, or anyone just give up on a player so soon...i dont think he would of been drafted in the 3rd rd to go into his 2nd year behind bollinger, and i dont think that he had ZERO physical or mental tools, otherwise the thousands of people who interviewed him or saw him workout must of missed something
                          You're quoting a guy who referred to Brady Quinn as a 'cant miss' QB, has him in the sig, the videos, the links, the mocks etc etc. I dont know about you but I find it hard to take anything he says about Jackson quite so seriously.
                          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
                          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            T Jack was a second round pick. Probably a reach, but we got the guy they wanted so if he fails it's gonna fall on the front office.

                            Honestly i think TJack has all the tools necessary to be a very good QB. He can scrabble, something we haven't had since the early Daunte days, He's got a rocket for and arm, and once he gains some experience and more importantly gets some help on the offensive side of the ball, I think he's gonna do just fine. Something about him excites me when i watch him, we just need to add a few targets. SO i say if Adrian Peterson is available it's a no brainer, between him and Taylor we'd have a sweet duo in the backfield. And if by some way we were able to court Eric Moulds or another Reciever that TJack would feel comfortable throwing to, i think our offense is strong enough to win more games, and as long as our defense stays tough this season wont be as bad as people are making it out to be. But at the same time, our front office is doing very little to improve thus far... hopefully they've got some kind of plan set in place already, but something tells me they are waiting for draft day to make any major move.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by rchrd View Post
                              You're quoting a guy who referred to Brady Quinn as a 'cant miss' QB, has him in the sig, the videos, the links, the mocks etc etc. I dont know about you but I find it hard to take anything he says about Jackson quite so seriously.
                              We had another "young, athletic, strong armed QB" considered a project from a DI-AA school Anyone wanna take a guess as to whom that was.


                              And FYI having a sig with Quinn, having his HEISMAN video link, and a link to his biography doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Jackson is a bad project. Was a monumental reach where he was taken and a colossal mistake to put as the starting QB of this team.
                              Last edited by Severe Punishment; 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                                he sux. If we're banking on him for "the future" then the future looks bleak. And he was the last pick in the 2nd round...not the 3rd...but he was projected to be a 4th round pick. We just outsmarted everyone and took him 60 picks to high.

                                I probably wouldn't be so hard on him if we took him where he was supposed to go. We wasted 2 solid 2nd round selections last year by reaching. If we do that with one of our day 1 picks this year we might
                                not win 5 games.
                                regardless of where you think he ends up, do you honestly think they would draft a qb 2nd rd, start him his rookie year, then give up on him before he even starts a 2nd year in the offense?

                                makes no sense, seeing as how a rookie would probably fare the same, or worst then he would, and you cannot accurately judge a qb off just his rookie season starting, i dont think any NFL gm's do much of that, kyle orton yes but he was not a 2nd rd pick





                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information