David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Carr

Well, now this it's a sure thing the Texans are looking to trade him, do you think we should make a move for him. He might be able to do some good things if we sure up our o-line, a good O-Line is somthing he hasn't had has he's been sacked almost 250 times in his years with the Texans. It might be a good idea, even if your going with T.Jack to sure things up.

If we decide we want him...the earliest we'd look to trade for him would be after our 1st round pick. I'm pretty sure the team is holding on to the smallest notion that Quinn is still going to fall to us at 7.

I wouldn't hate Carr coming here, I like him over Trent Green or Jake Plummer but I wouldn't love it either. If he came here we'd have to look at him realistically.
    He's a 5 year starter with 200+ sacks on his body. Has never thrown for
    more than 16 td's in a year has more career INT's than TD's.
    Right now he's worth (to me) nothing more than a 08 4th round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
      If we decide we want him...the earliest we'd look to trade for him would be after our 1st round pick. I'm pretty sure the team is holding on to the smallest notion that Quinn is still going to fall to us at 7.
      True. It could become a Draft Day Trade like the Javon and Bronco's deal. I would agree i wouldnt hate it but id be worried about him producing.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I heard today somewhere that he will probably get released, not traded. The NFL knows that with the deal that Schaub signed and given what they gave up for him, he is their guy.

Carr will get released, IMO.
        "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
        4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

During their press conference today the Texans made it very clear that Schaub was the starter and Carr wasn't needed anylonger....but I don't see them giving away Carr for "nothing" when about 5 teams could use him (Carolina and Philly seem like decent fits).

Comment

i agree, but i think carr may be cut by then but who knows

not to mention if we trade for carr before the draft we would lose all leverage with a team who would want to trade up with us thinking we will draft quinn...

Comment

It's pretty safe to say right now that Cleveland and Detroit both have the upper hand in trying to trade down to a team interested in trading up for Quinn...as both have put on the "we want him to" coats.

I think if somehow he gets by both then Washington almost immediately makes a deal. Tampa wants Okoye, Thomas or Calvin...one will be there and Arizona wants Adams, Landry or Thomas...one will be there.
              Washington is short picks and might even "short" themselves a little to pick up a few picks this year....if Quinn is around at 6 the Skins' won't be.
              If for whatever reasons known to man, he is there at 7 , I think there's little doubt we'd be handing in a card that reads Brady Quinn.
              However everyday closer we get to the draft the less likely that seems.

Comment

During their press conference today the Texans made it very clear that Schaub was the starter and Carr wasn't needed anylonger....but I don't see them giving away Carr for "nothing" when about 5 teams could use him (Carolina and Philly seem like decent fits).
                Texans released QB David Carr and RB Domanick Williams.
                Mar. 23 - 3:57 pm et

I was right, you were wrong.
                "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

I'm awaiting the legions of "fans" who'll now bark and shout that both of these guys should be in purple uni's this year.

Comment

Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

I'm awaiting the legions of "fans" who'll now bark and shout that both of these guys should be in purple uni's this year.
                    2nd, at least. Remember, you called me a name for saying the Steelers would hire Tomlin as head coach? A name that rhymes with bassist.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Today on NFL Live they asked Mark Schelert and Floyd Reese(ex-GM For Titans) both hinted at Carr should go to Minny, because of the Young QB and he would be able to step in. I wouldnt mind getting him for a backup positon but not starting. Davis shouldnt be in purple.

Comment

I was skeptical about trading anything for Carr but now that The texans released carr i think we have nothing to lose by signing him to compete with T-Jack

Comment

Am I the ONLY one here who thinks right now Brooks Bollinger probably goes into training camp as the #1 ?

Comment

Am I the ONLY one here who thinks right now Brooks Bollinger probably goes into training camp as the #1 ?
                            I think its Tarvaris Jackson and if he loses that #1 spot its his own fault but i think he will be #1.

Comment

If Brooks Bollinger is our #1 going into training camp than we reallyyyyy need to sign David Carr or make sure we get Brady Quinn

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information