Future Men in Purple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Men in Purple

With only a matter of days left this is my final day 1 team mock of what I think is very likely to happen if there are no trades. If this were to happen I know I would be really pleased.

Round 1- Adrian Peterson
    Round 2 – Dwayne Jarrett/Sidney Rice if he is gone
    Round 3 – Jacoby Jones (Childress’s first reach, but I think it will turn out, besides there seems to be a lot of interest in him now and he probably wont make it to our fourth round pick.
    --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
    ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
    .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
    ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

....then again, maybe it will go like this..........

Round 1 - Paul Pozlunsey (OLB)

Round 2 - Kyle Young (C - to be converted to RT/WR)

Round 2 - part 2 (Trade next years second and this years 3rd and 4th) to get Allen Jefferies
    --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
    ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
    .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
    ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

lol...for some reason scenario #2 seems more consistent with the train of
      thought with the current group of retards.
      I just don't buy into us taking a RB at 7.

Comment

There's no way Jarrett lasts until 51, but I'd still take him!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
          We pick 41 i think thast what you meant. But about Severe comment about not buying into a RB, The only reason why the Scouts has us taking him is because the BPA, we dont need one but he is a great prospect and will make our offense a lot better with an elite 2 back system.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

again dont we already have a thred for this basic idea "best case scenario"... anyways im not sure i buy into childress wanting a two back system he wants to take some of the load off Chester Taylor but i dont think he wants him to split carries with someone else, and its not like we should be in dire need of grooming a replacement for Taylor he is only in his fifth year now we still have a few years to find/groom one. I like the thought of drafting peterson but i think childress will use him to trade down if he gets a offer he likes if not peterson should be the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
              I think if Jarret slips out of the first round we should trade up past the bears #37 and take him

Comment

Wouldn't this just be a case of trying to "scare" some team into trading for our spot should AD be the BPA at that time ?

Let's put this under 2 scenario's should that happen.

AD is available, and we take him.
                Okay for 3 years he's going to platoon with Chester Taylor...maybe he
                explodes and is a Pro Bowler in all 3 years.

[Are the Vikings the type of team that's going to pay a guy (who'd then be 25 a big time deal to stay ?) personally I don't think so. RB's are most productive when young..and though 25 doesn't seem old...when you start talking 4 year contracts....clearly that's big time money for a guy whose had the best years he's going to have. Pay him and you "cap criple" your team for a guy who plays a position where injuries and age are always a factor or let him walk and get very limited value from a top 10 pick in his draft class.]

Now let's say he's not a Pro Bowler every year for those first 3 years...and he's
                very average...even living up to his "fragile" sticker and gets hurt in 2 of those years (very Robert Smith like if you ask me) ....wouldn't a little foresight be brought into question ? "how could you bank your draft on a guy whose only
                "healthy" season was his freshman year ?"

or scenario 2.

Get the media machine to let the world know "you'll take him" at 7 in a draft that's very thin at starting RB talent...with 3 or 4 teams with legit
                issues with their starting backs..in hopes that they'll overpay to grab him
                before another team does or before you might.

This second scenario makes much more sense to me...the problem is , the Bills and Packers aren't likely to trade up because they have so many other needs and players will fall to them that they'd be just as happy as.
                AND more teams are going with the ZBS which doesn't take a RB with superior skills...only the ability to run and make 1 single cut.

If the Vikings go RB (a disntinct possibility) then I'd prefer Lorenzo Booker or Antonio Pittman. Booker would be a great 3rd down back who has exceptional recieving skills and is an underrated runner.
                Pittman reminds me of a young Leroy Hoard style runner. Powerful, not many shifty moves..but he'll get you 4 yards every play.

Comment

the problem with scenario two is i dont know who childress/speilman thinks hes gonna trick, because with washington sitting right in front of us wanting to trade down badly any team who really wants peterson would skip right in front of us... thats why im confused and i really dont completely buy into either scenario right now, draft day will reveal the truth

Comment

What I want to see:

1st - Brady Quinn
                    2nd - Dwayne Jarrett
                    3rd - Daymeion Hughers/LaMarr Woodley

Obviously those guys probably wont all be there but if we got them then I'd be happy. Woodley is a homer pick ;) but I think he will flat out produce. Alternatively someone like Arron Sears makes a lot of sense as either a RT or RG. Obviously if we draft a lineman he will start on the right because we have nothing there, may as well just have some guy off the street that holds someone on every 3rd play instead of paying our scrubs.

What I expect however is something horrible like this...

1st - Gaines Adams/Jamal Anderson
                    2nd - Samson Satele(to play tackle of course)
                    3rd - Chris Leak

That looks about right. Overrated end, center to play outside and an undersized QB with all kinds of problems. The saddest part is that I would expect Leak to start if we did draft him :(

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Lol I think wogitalia is still having last years nightmares didnt we already select those players last year

Greenway
                      Cook
                      Jackson?

Comment

if we draft gain adams i give up are defense was first in rushing yards allowed. i think its time we go back adn build are offense. trade down take a good wide reciever.

Comment

patriots have 2 first round picks. we could trade down with them

Comment

Yea well that Rush Defense dont mean jack if we dont improve our pass rush because teams will just throw on us all day like they did at the end of last year

Comment

Originally posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
                              With only a matter of days left this is my final day 1 team mock of what I think is very likely to happen if there are no trades. If this were to happen I know I would be really pleased.

Round 1- Adrian Peterson
                              Round 2 – Dwayne Jarrett/Sidney Rice if he is gone
                              Round 3 – Jacoby Jones (Childress’s first reach, but I think it will turn out, besides there seems to be a lot of interest in him now and he probably wont make it to our fourth round pick.
                              I sure hope it's adrian, and I think it will be. Otherwise we might be looking at a corner. Rick spielman recently admitted that there are "8 blue chippers" in the draft, and he mentioned Leon Hall and Darelle Revis as 2 of them.

Man I hope we don't pick Hall. I'd rather have Joey Quinnington.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information