Draft crunch time...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
    well with my prediction im going to go in a different direction than the consensus LaRon Landry or Adrian Peterson...

The worst kept secret in this years draft is how much gruden Likes Calvin Johnson, But i believe the best kept secret in this years draft is just how much Childress likes Calvin Johnson himself all the interest in Peterson, Quinn, and Landry is all a smoke screen intended to give the bucs a false sense of security that Calvin will fall to them at #4. There has been a lot of talk about the bucs trading from #4 to #2 but that would consist of there first rounder and both there seconds in this years draft which i believe is too expensive for Bruce allen's(their GM) taste so the trade won't happen. It's also said that if the bucs dont trade the Lions are content taking Calvin Johnson themselves, although i agree that would be the smart choice there, its not the Millen choice i believe its all a bs smoke screen to try and force the bucs to make the trade... I belive that Speilman will trade 1(7) 2(41) and a future 2nd to move up to #3

1(3):Calvin Johnson WR
    3(72): Quentin Moses DE
    4(106):Ryan McBean DT
    5(145):Kenny Scott CB
    6(182):Mike Walker WR
    7(217):Mike Jones G
    That isn't enough to move up. Trust me if someone moves up to #3 Cleveland isn't going to let that spot go for anything less than 2-#1's.
    you can add up all the "value points you want" 25 - 4th rounders...a combination of 3rds and 5th's...reality is, that spots "value" is dictated by the player that sits there. In this case the "privilage" of drafting Calvin Johnson ON draft morning (the highest this kids value will ever be) is going to be 2-1's, 2-2nd's and probably a 3rd AND either cash or future consideration picks.
    As much as I'd love to see it, I just can't see it.

Comment

thats probably true but im just trying to think outside the box lol and hoping we find a way to grab him

Comment

Originally posted by swagger View Post
        1/7 - Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma: This isn't necessarily the pick I would make, but rather what I think might occur. Zygi could see AP as an attraction to the fans, while Childress could see him as BPA. I'm scared of his injuries/durability and upright running style, especially with the revelation of his lingering collarbone injury. Personally, I want to trade down as I don't really think the value of the #7 pick really fits with our needs.

2/41 - Sydney Rice, South Carolina: I really like him, he is smooth and has great ball skills and only 20 years old. I think he has better potential to start than guys like Steve Smith and Anthony Gonzales, though he may be a bit more raw.
        There it is.
        "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
        4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Solid ************* picks. Nice job, those were the players I was hoping for too.
          Originally posted by 7-11
          Originally posted by Renji
          Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
          But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
            This probably could have gone under Forum Mock Thread.

1 - Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma - RB - Most likely now with the Injury talk he will fall to us and he should be fine before week one or even in preseaon. He is a great runner and a game breaker and will help this team alot with the 2 running back system we could set up with him.

2 - Sidney Rice - South Carolina - WR - It could be him or Dwayne Jarret it just depends if Jarret could fall to us before a team like Dolphins/Bears take him. Sidney Rice is very expolsive and could be our #1 with Troy on the other side.
            Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there Swaggar.
            Dynasty "guessed" the same 2 picks.

Comment

Im not sure anyonewas surprised by the picks.
              I think we did a pretty good job as far as injuries go Name a rb who hasnt been injured in the league.
              Honestly the peterson pick prolly saves childress job. Now Taylor wont have to carry the ball 30 times a game. and Maybe that will reduce his fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there Swaggar.
                Dynasty "guessed" the same 2 picks.
                Good job for Dynasty, too, then.

PS. I also had Andrae Allison going to the Vikes, albeit a round too soon.

1/7 - Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma: This isn't necessarily the pick I would make, but rather what I think might occur. Zygi could see AP as an attraction to the fans, while Childress could see him as BPA. I'm scared of his injuries/durability and upright running style, especially with the revelation of his lingering collarbone injury. Personally, I want to trade down as I don't really think the value of the #7 pick really fits with our needs.

2/41 - Sydney Rice, South Carolina: I really like him, he is smooth and has great ball skills and only 20 years old. I think he has better potential to start than guys like Steve Smith and Anthony Gonzales, though he may be a bit more raw.

4/106 - Andrae Allison, East Carolina: A lot of you will say he'll be gone by this point, but I think he could pretty easily slip to day 2. I think some analysts are putting too much stock in his Senior Bowl practice week in regards to his draft value, whereas front offices may have him pegged later. Either way, I love him and would love to get a shot at him on day 2.
                "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Good job for Dynasty, too, then.

PS. I also had Andrae Allison going to the Vikes, albeit a round too soon.
                  yeah he was a steal in the 5th I had him going late in the 3rd

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush

Comment

According to the USA todays TOP 100 prospects we ended up with

#4 Adraian Peterson
                    #43 sidney rice
                    #63 rufus alexander
                    #83 aundrae allison
                    #53 marcus McCalley

not bad for 8 pick draft

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information