No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea im not totally sold on the decision of passing on quinn, but atleast we passed on quinn for Adrian Peterson rather than Ted Ginn...

I love the second pick i love how we got a trade down with atlanta and picked up an extra 4th and still got Sidney Rice. I would have liked to have Dwayne Jarret but i think what it boiled down to is Jarret's character i dont think he was a childress guy.

I love the third rounder as McCauley is of GREAT value and i love his potential i would have also been fine to see Charles Johnson at that pick but i think childress made the correct decision in going with McCauley

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
      You guys had, by far, the best day IMHO. 3 Day 1 starters if they come in working "All Day."

Atlanta came in second.... not sure what they went WR for with all the number 1s they have invested in WR.

First day champs = Vikings.
      No we had a good first day but i beileve that the Carolina panthers are the first day champs by far

Jon Beason
      Dwayne Jarret
      Ryan Kalil
      Charles Johnson

that's one hell of a First Day

Comment

on day two, i hope we target beekman, ramirez, and barbre to help our line. i wouldn't mind taking allison or courtney taylor, but would much rather have a pass catching tight end like patrick or milner. only d end i'd like to see us take right now is robison. also for the defensive line if mcbean is still there, i pray to god we take him. i'm hoping for mcbean with the first 4th rounder, ramirez with the second, and milner in round 5.

Comment

I think it's way to early to "grade" drafts. Typically you do that 3 years after it's over. Right now all we'd be grading is hype.
          Let's see how these guys react and respond to the position they get put in.

With that said I like the guys the Vikes took ...also San Fran, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Indy took great players for their system. I expect all 4 of those guys to make contributions right away.

I don't understand Houston's choices AT ALL. how they refuse to help out their QB's by neglecting their O-line is some sort of conspiracy.
          I expect Matt Schaub to be knocked out of at least 3 games.
          Kansas City too. Honestly, they lost Roaf, Sheilds, Turley....who the hell is even left to block for LJ ?

These 2 teams will have to share the "bonehead draft strategy" award for passing on O-Lineman to take skill position players.

Comment

I'm hoping for Allison day two, or maybe Ben Patrick.
            Originally posted by 7-11
            Originally posted by Renji
            Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
            But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

I believe i read somewhere that Herm Edwards believes that Good Offensive linemen can be found in later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                ? why exactly is it "hahahah" for me ?
                Maybe because you've spent the better part of the last several months calling any Viking fan an idiot if they didn't want your manlover Brady Quinn at #7.

The guy had to freaking seek shelter in a private suite to avoid utter embarrassment. It would hardly be "valuable" taking Quinn at #7, and the facts prove it.

You were wrong again. As usual.
                "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Allison and an O-lineman in the 4th would be just fantastic.
                  If we get say Allison and Rameriez. I'd be very happy with whoever else
                  we took in the 5th - 7th (even Marcus Thomas)

Comment

Originally posted by swagger View Post
                    Maybe because you've spent the better part of the last several months calling any Viking fan an idiot if they didn't want your manlover Brady Quinn at #7.

The guy had to freaking seek shelter in a private suite to avoid utter embarrassment. It would hardly be "valuable" taking Quinn at #7, and the facts prove it.

You were wrong again. As usual.
                    You're a liar and a moron. I've said I want value at 7. Find a post suggesting anything contrary. Otherwise s.t.f.u.

Yeah, he's still going home tonight a multi millionaire (he has the highest noteriety in the draft..his marketabilty is thru the roof now.
                    he gets a chance to start on a team that isn't going to give up 80+ sacks
                    has 2 solid weapons... a rising defense behind him and he gets to play so close to his family he'll probably need 50 tix for every game. He's still going to be one of people's 50 most beautiful people and gets to nail that sweet blonde that was on his arm all day long.

...yeah , feel sorry for him when something bad happens to the guy.

Comment

She didn't have any tits.

Comment

like you'd kick her out of bed ..HA !.. and isn't that Urlachers sister ?

Comment

oh ****

SORRY BRIAN YOUR SISTER IS BEAUTIFUL

Comment

Few million takes care of the tits if you care that much...

I like our draft. I think we did alright. But I'd have preferred another player at every selection. Quinn, Jarrett and Hughes would have been my guys but it was a solid draft. Peterson was my 5th favourite at pick 7 and 3 of the others were gone by the time it came around but I think we are going to regret passing on Quinn for a long time. Peterson should be a good contributer though, if he can stay healthy, which I see no reason why he shouldnt.

I dont like the Rice choice to be honest. There were a good 5 players taken after him I'd have preferred, but most notably I'd have preferred Jarrett. I just dont buy him struggling, I never watched a game where anyone looked like they could cover him and he was just unstoppable in the end zone. Rice is a better WR prospect than most of the other guys though. I also dont like the South Carolina thing, we've been burnt there before.

Cant complain with Marcus. Would prefer Hughes who is a better fit, but if McCauley sorts himself out, he can be an elite CB. Makes for a good nickel back either way. He probably has the size to move to safety also, which is an added bonus considering how lacking we are there.

Overall I would say B- more on what could have been than what was actually done.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

No **** on the tits part and I thought it was aj hawks sister or some ****.

Any way Adrian Peterson was a good but not great pick Visions of two ex first round picks come to mind #21 and #26 i wont mention any names any true viking fan knows exactly which two.

Rice has way more potential and production then the Moron Meachum yall have been chest bumping about. Yes he does bring his own set of issues, Yes he could use more polish, But lets face it If he was a finished product hed a been there with CJ in the top 5

The CB I really think this is probably the best pick we made so far. Awesome athelete tough durable kid with production and even more upside. Im actually thinking he could be a great addition.

Why am I still waiting for some monumental screw up that only the vikings would do? And Im still kinda wondering why we didnt trade up to get Quinn. You add both Quinn and Peterson and we have the makings of what may have been a draft for the ages.

Solid draft so far We got alot of production and even more potential in our picks so far I really dont see how we get less then a B+ for this days draft. But we arent half done yet and I just hope we can put two solid days together.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego
                                Why am I still waiting for some monumental screw up that only the vikings would do? And Im still kinda wondering why we didnt trade up to get Quinn. You add both Quinn and Peterson and we have the makings of what may have been a draft for the ages.
                                I was kind of hoping they would trade back up to take him aswell im pretty sure they were working the phones trying but in the end it was probably too much for Childress's taste

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information