No announcement yet.

Minnesota Vikings Draft Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice to see some positivity on this board. Of course after a real good draft, things tend to get that way :)

i agree with a lot of what you guys have to say, i hadnt heard the rumors about thygpen being a WR project, thats an interesting take. There are definately some guys that i hope we haul in as UDFAs...

by the way, New Orleans got another Maurice Colston this year, as they signed Rhema McKnight right away, too bad the Vikes didn't hop all over that guys, i think he could be solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
      Yeah, he's still going home tonight a multi millionaire (he has the highest noteriety in the draft..his marketabilty is thru the roof now.
      he gets a chance to start on a team that isn't going to give up 80+ sacks
      has 2 solid weapons... a rising defense behind him and he gets to play so close to his family he'll probably need 50 tix for every game. He's still going to be one of people's 50 most beautiful people and gets to nail that sweet blonde that was on his arm all day long.

...yeah , feel sorry for him when something bad happens to the guy.
      There is a word that keeps popping into my head whenever I read your Brady Quinn posts. I won't say it because you'll report me. But it starts with an "H", ends in a word for a bloodsucking mite, and has a lot of vowels.

Seriously, why are you always talking about how handsome and good-looking you think Brady Quinn is? Why are you trying to justify the greatness of his life? What's the deal? Do you have a legit excuse for it?

Brady Quinn probably lost almost $50 million. I'd hardly feel comfortable talking about how great he has it. His girl should leave him for a guy in the top-10. Is JaMarcus Russell single? Or his teammate Joe Thomas?
      "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

• For all the bashing of Childress you've done on here Swaggar I'd hardly consider it "good fortune" that you hoped for the Peterson / Rice selections.
        if they both players fail miserably, all this will prove is that neither you ..nor Spielman / Childress are competent enough to , not only choose who we take, but talk about football knowledgably either.

anyways not taking Quinn is going to set this team as well as the Dolphins
        back 5 years. Mark my words.

Comment

• Quinn will be Joey Harrington in five years.

Comment

• that's fine. Tarvaris Jackson will be Akili Smith THIS year.

Comment

For all the bashing of Childress you've done on here Swaggar I'd hardly consider it "good fortune" that you hoped for the Peterson / Rice selections.
              if they both players fail miserably, all this will prove is that neither you ..nor Spielman / Childress are competent enough to , not only choose who we take, but talk about football knowledgably either.

anyways not taking Quinn is going to set this team as well as the Dolphins
              back 5 years. Mark my words.
              I'm not as behind the AP selection as others. I simply stated who I thought Childress would come away with in the first round. If you knew how to read, you would know this.

I do like Sidney Rice, though. But he is raw, and a crapshoot.
              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

• Alot like Antonio Bryant IMO.

I would've been much happier trading away THIS years #4 pick for either
                Moss (who reportedly still has 4.3 speed) or D-Jackson.
                Taking an ELITE prospect DE in the 2nd instead of an undersized tweener.

and of course I think it's a mistake to trust so much into a project QB to similar to Omar Jacobs.

Comment

• heres an interesting bit on what the vikings may have done if Peterson had not been there.... an now i am VERY VERY glad that both he and LaRon werent gone

Minnesota Vikings - While the team wound up selecting University of Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson with the seventh pick overall, LSU S LaRon Landry would have been their second choice there. Had both been off of the board, league sources indicated University of Michigan CB Leon Hall was next on their board. However, it's not known if they would have traded down to select him. LSU WR Dwayne Bowe also would have been a consideration had they traded down.
                  - http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=640327

Comment

• We were never going to take Quinn. I wanted him just ass much as you did, but it was never going to happen. Get over it.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                      We were never going to take Quinn. I wanted him just ass much as you did, but it was never going to happen. Get over it.
                      What? You want Quinn's ass.....You might have some competition there with Marshall Faulk who was all over him at the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                        What? You want Quinn's ass.....You might have some competition there with Marshall Faulk who was all over him at the draft.
                        Oops.......

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I'm over it. Doesn't mean I'm not free to express how much of a mistake it was.

Seriously if we were never going to take Quinn then I sure didn't want to take a part time back. We should've traded down and gotten Hall or one of the WR's. and gotten other day 1 picks this year or next...there were probably tons of teams willing to give up alot to move up to 7 when Peterson was still there.

Comment

I'm over it. Doesn't mean I'm not free to express how much of a mistake it was.

Seriously if we were never going to take Quinn then I sure didn't want to take a part time back. We should've traded down and gotten Hall or one of the WR's. and gotten other day 1 picks this year or next...there were probably tons of teams willing to give up alot to move up to 7 when Peterson was still there.
                            Chester will be the part time back by the end of the season.

Quinn wasn't good value at #7. A lot of other teams passed on him too. It's like saying the Vikes should have drafted Reggie Nelson or Leon Hall at #7. Those are two other guys that would have available much later in the first round much like Brady Quinn.
                            There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                            -Mark Chmura

Comment

• that's fine. Tarvaris Jackson will be Akili Smith THIS year.
                              I actually loled at that. Nice one.

Quinn wasn't good value at #7. A lot of other teams passed on him too. It's like saying the Vikes should have drafted Reggie Nelson or Leon Hall at #7. Those are two other guys that would have available much later in the first round much like Brady Quinn.
                              Quinn is a franchise QB, he is good value at any pick. Thats like saying Leinart or Cutler wouldnt have been good value at #1 last year. They would still be the same player, sure they cost less by going lower, but they are still what they are. I love how all the Quinn haters, and there are a lot, think that where he was drafted was related to talent. Classic, stayed too long at school guy. Gave the scouts, whose business is to find flaws, far to long to do it.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                                I actually loled at that. Nice one.

Quinn is a franchise QB, he is good value at any pick. Thats like saying Leinart or Cutler wouldnt have been good value at #1 last year. They would still be the same player, sure they cost less by going lower, but they are still what they are. I love how all the Quinn haters, and there are a lot, think that where he was drafted was related to talent. Classic, stayed too long at school guy. Gave the scouts, whose business is to find flaws, far to long to do it.
                                You can't just say "Quinn is a franchise QB" we dont know that yet he has the potential but Apparently the word is Many Professional scouts/teams believed he wasn't capable of being a franchise guy hence why miami didnt even take him over Ted Ginn... i dont know the reasoning as to why they believed it but thats why so many people passed on him, whether they are right or wrong is yet to be determined

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information