UDFA's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDFA's

If anyone finds out some UDFA's the Vikings sign could you please write it in here?

We signed RB Arkee Whitlock and TE Braden Jones from Southern Illinois.

Comment

lol, oops.

Comment

The Vikings agreed to terms with 16 rookie free agents Sunday, vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said, but will not release the names until each player signs his contract.

However, two players who were known to have agreed with the Vikings are Texas Tech punter Alex Reyes and Colorado offensive lineman Brian Daniels....In addition to 16 free agents, the Vikings also plan to bring in another 15 to 20 players to Winter Park for tryouts during this weekend's minicamp. According to Spielman, the Vikings want a total of about 45 players for the four-practice event so they can go two-deep at every position.
        - http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1152331.html

I hope we can Sign Tim Duckworth

Comment

Have to agree with Duckworth. Would be a good pickup. Any OL help would be good right about now. If Childress honestly doesnt think we have a problem on that right side he should just be fired now because either his eyes or brain arent working.

I actually wouldnt mind us getting Jared Zabransky in. He cant be any worse than Henson and has more potential than Bollinger. Depends what we are actually thinking with Thigpen obviously, who other than having what may be the coolest name in the draft, I know nothing about.

Mostly just want OL talent in here.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Oh please, Jared Zabransky's name is 10 times cooler than Thigpen's...

I also agree that we need to sign Duckworth.
            I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser to try and slag me down because I know you're right.~ Green Day

Comment

Dan Mozes, a 6-foot-2, 293-pound center who was a unanimous All-America selection and Rimington Award winner last season, declined an interview request.
              Mozes was "leaning toward" a deal with the Minnesota Vikings, who didn't draft any offensive linemen, according to his mother.

Charleston Daily Mail

Comment

vikings.scout.com said we have signed 16 UDFA's.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia
                  I actually wouldnt mind us getting Jared Zabransky in. He cant be any worse than Henson and has more potential than Bollinger.
                  Zabransky signed with the texans today

Comment

and about Childress not working on the right side Cook is still young he has confidence in him i dont know about Hicks dont like him maybe Marcus Johnson gets his act together but if they dont the draft next year will be very good for Offensive linemen. where as this year was pretty mediocre

Comment

Vikings | C. Johnson signs with team
                      Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:25:13 -0700

The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle reports University of Wyoming OT Chase Johnson has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Vikings | Gilliam signs with team
                      Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:11:36 -0700

Scott Keepfer, of The Greenville News, reports Clemson CB Sergio Gilliam has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
                      Vikings | J. Day signs with team
                      Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:46:30 -0700

Tony Phifer, of The Coloradoan, reports Colorado State OT Josh Day has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
                      Vikings | Burnett signs with team
                      Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:42:55 -0700

Greg Auman, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports South Florida S Jeremy Burnett has signed a rookie free-agent contract with the Minnesota Vikings.
                      Vikings | Daniels signed
                      Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:32:32 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed undrafted free-agent OL Brian Daniels.
                      Vikings | Reyes signed
                      Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:29:11 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed undrafted free-agent P Alex Reyes.
                      all from KFFL.com

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Good to see plenty of OL names in there. At least he realises there is a problem. Anyone know anything about any of them?

and about Childress not working on the right side Cook is still young he has confidence in him i dont know about Hicks dont like him maybe Marcus Johnson gets his act together but if they dont the draft next year will be very good for Offensive linemen. where as this year was pretty mediocre
                        This is the problem. Not fixing a problem because you tried and failed the year before is an awful reason not to fix the problem.

Think of it this way. You put tape over a leak in a pipe, the water caused the tape not to stick, so instead of getting better tape, you just put the same piece of worn out tape back over it. End result, the water keeps eating away rusting the rest of the pipe and collapsing the wall of the house. Costing you 100 times what that new piece of tape would have.

I hate the idea that "we made a mistake last year so we will just ignore that position" seems to be accepted as an adequate excuse around here. Should the lines have not taken CJ because they ****** up with WR in the past? Hell no!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

how can you even think of saying one season from a player, when he was switching freaking positions, is a failure?! what a freaking JOKE! Cook has excellent footwork and good quickness. His issue was trying to learn the mechanics and technique and getting up off the snap quicker, as he spent majority of his career snapping the ball, he didnt have to time and react with the snap like he does at RT, and him getting off just a little bit later, got him out of position against some of the quicker DEs and his not so great technique didnt help.

Give Cook AT LEAST this year before proclaiming him a failure, I think Cook will be solid this year at RT, which in turn will help out Hick at RG.

again, as its been said, next years class of olinemen is going to be exceptional, let cook develop for another year, see if he can handle it, and if he gets better and looks decent we wont have to go for a OT, but id definitely look at OG next draft.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyisme View Post
                            how can you even think of saying one season from a player, when he was switching freaking positions, is a failure?! what a freaking JOKE! Cook has excellent footwork and good quickness. His issue was trying to learn the mechanics and technique and getting up off the snap quicker, as he spent majority of his career snapping the ball, he didnt have to time and react with the snap like he does at RT, and him getting off just a little bit later, got him out of position against some of the quicker DEs and his not so great technique didnt help.

Give Cook AT LEAST this year before proclaiming him a failure, I think Cook will be solid this year at RT, which in turn will help out Hick at RG.

again, as its been said, next years class of olinemen is going to be exceptional, let cook develop for another year, see if he can handle it, and if he gets better and looks decent we wont have to go for a OT, but id definitely look at OG next draft.
                            First off, I highly doubt your qualified to give such a statement.
                            Second Cook's strength was that of a butterball turkey.
                            AND his feet were horrible. The kid was slow as hell. Was that due to him switching positions ? I'd say a portion of that could be. But I've saw him at training camp as well as his 4 games and don't see any explosiveness in dropping back into position. He moves his feet the way old people drive.
                            Can that be fixed ? I guess we're going to find out. Because and that Woog guy on here said it best, we didn't address the problem so Ryan "leaky pipe tape" Cook is going to get another shot at it.

The definition of insanity is : Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Insanity is the Viking way.

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                              First off, I highly doubt your qualified to give such a statement.
                              Second Cook's strength was that of a butterball turkey.
                              AND his feet were horrible.
                              I've been reading your arguements on this forum for a while now. You constantly belittle anyone who does not think the same way that you do, often referring to them as "kids", "morons", or "idiots", etc.

Just asking as a curious party: What makes you "qualified" to make any of the statements that you have spewed on and on about?

I just see a lot of irony in the way that you complain about people on this site and still go on like you are the one and only expert on every topic...

are you really Denny Green???? or maybe Bud Grant?????? hell, i would even understand if you said that you were really Sid Hartman.

I'm not necessarily arguing about the content of what you are saying, just wondering why you are so smart and everyone else is so dumb?
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information