Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windfield to NE Rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windfield to NE Rumor

    Minnesota Vikings Updated:06/12/2007 According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Vikings could decide to trade cornerback Antoine Winfield to the Patriots, who have two first-round draft picks next spring. Meanwhile, the Vikings' 94-game home sellout streak is in jeopardy entering the coming season, and TV blackouts seem probable for the first time in nine year

  • #2
    Well the Pats certainly need corner help, but I don't think we would give up a 1st rounder on Winfield unless Asante walks. I would give a 2nd rounder to the Vikes for Winfield, though. That would be pretty good for our defense.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      Well the Pats certainly need corner help, but I don't think we would give up a 1st rounder on Winfield unless Asante walks. I would give a 2nd rounder to the Vikes for Winfield, though. That would be pretty good for our defense.
      winfield would be a great fit for our defense..hes smart and tackles very well

      if we give up a 1st for Winfield..i can see us trading Samuel and getting a 1 for him at least if not 2 #1s like we are asking


      i think a #2 is more likely if anything though for Antoine

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey it's rather comfy and spacious over here in Vikings land, but where are the booze cruise boats loaded with chicks ?

        Anyway, since we seem to be invading this thread, I don't see anyone giving up two firsts for Samuel. He was a 4th round pick who has enjoyed one good year operating in a system that suits him to a "T".

        I would be very interested in aquiring Winfield though, he is a tough competitor. He did look rather pedestrian as we torched the Vikes last fall though.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder if the players would agree to a direct swap.

          I mean if Minny loses Winfield we will have a serious need at CB. Asante isnt looking like backing down. Straight swap for them would be interesting. Winfield is the better player right now. Asante is quite a bit younger.

          Would be interesting.


          Props to BK on the sig!

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like I picked the wrong time to buy an Antoine Winfield jersey......:(
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dont worry, I bought 2 Culpeppers jersey the year was traded. One was the probowl one and the other was an eqt.



              Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                Looks like I picked the wrong time to buy an Antoine Winfield jersey......:(
                No worries man, i highly, highly doubt he goes anywhere.
                SKOL VIKINGS!


                Comment


                • #9
                  I'd be okay with a straight up deal Winfield for Hobbs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                    I'd be okay with a straight up deal Winfield for Hobbs.
                    wed never give up Hobbs. BB likes him a lot and hes got good upside. Hes fast, got leaps and hes energetic and tough. He never backs down and he always fights till the end. If we gave u p Hobbs..its still Winfield and ? at corner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                      wed never give up Hobbs. BB likes him a lot and hes got good upside. Hes fast, got leaps and hes energetic and tough. He never backs down and he always fights till the end. If we gave u p Hobbs..its still Winfield and ? at corner
                      So Winfield in your opinion would somehow be a downgrade from Ellis freaking Hobbs ?hhahhahahahahaahah....now that's funny.

                      Winfield is a top 5 CB in the game today. If he were 2 inches taller he'd be mentioned with Champ Bailey as the best CB today.

                      And if you had Samuel / Winfield at CB it'd be a major league upgrade.
                      Hobbs / Winfield / McCaulley for the future would give the VIkings their
                      CB corp for the future..while being able to play them now as well.
                      They'd develop together and would have lots of potential as a trio.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                        So Winfield in your opinion would somehow be a downgrade from Ellis freaking Hobbs ?hhahhahahahahaahah....now that's funny.

                        Winfield is a top 5 CB in the game today. If he were 2 inches taller he'd be mentioned with Champ Bailey as the best CB today.

                        And if you had Samuel / Winfield at CB it'd be a major league upgrade.
                        Hobbs / Winfield / McCaulley for the future would give the VIkings their
                        CB corp for the future..while being able to play them now as well.
                        They'd develop together and would have lots of potential as a trio.
                        Just a correction i think you mean Griffin but i think we all understand.



                        Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah sorry, was just frustrated by this sudden urge for Patriot "fans" (most of whom I'd expect started watching football during the Rams / Patriots S.B.) and their lack of knowlege on Winfield.

                          Hobbs / Asamuel are both "nice" players. Neither though is remotely close
                          to Winfiled in terms of 1 on 1 ability and honestly I'd take Winfiled in a zone sheme over every other CB in the NFL today. For long term Hobbs (and perhaps a draft pick) would make a lot of sense to...especially if Winfield is unhappy here.

                          Both teams would benefit greately. Now that said....I don't see him going anywhere.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't see Winfeild going anywhere
                            There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                            -Mark Chmura

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Im not surprised by the trade allegations. I pretty much expected him to get traded in this dictatorship. As I have said many times cover corners arent a need in the cover two defense. It would be like paying a guard 43 million over 7 years for a zone blocking scheme. Oh yeah bad example. Nothing this regime does makes alot of sense. Apparently they they plan on rebuliding completely through the draft.
                              I would think that the last team Id trade with is one who has made the superbowl more times in the last seven years then youve made it in the last two decades.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information