No announcement yet.

New Orleans Saints Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Saints announced the 7 players signed to their practice squad. Kevin Dudley, Willie Evans, Marvin Mitchell, Tyler Palko, Anwar Phillips, Chris Reis, and Tim Duckworth.

NewOrleansSaints.com
    The New Orleans Saints have signed seven players to their practice squad, it was announced by Head Coach Sean Payton following today’s practice.

The players signed were guard Tim Duckworth, fullback Kevin Dudley, defensive end Willie Evans, linebacker Marvin Mitchell, quarterback Tyler Palko, cornerback Anwar Phillips and safety Chris Reis.
    Antonio Pittman was signed by the Rams, and David Jones was added to the Bengals roster.

Comment

No surprise to see Pittman and Jones being picked up. But great news with Palko not signing elsewhere.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I wish we could have kept David Jones. After reading about him throughout camp and seeing how he was coming out of college, as well as being endorsed by Darrell Green, I felt like he could have really been a keeper.

I guess I'll see if I'm right, although he'll be with another team.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Saints agree to deal with DE Wynn
          Posted by Mike Triplett, Times-Picayune Staff writer September 07, 2007 4:16PM
          Categories: Saints

The Saints agreed to a one-year contract with veteran defensive end Renaldo Wynn, according to his agent, Peter Schaffer.
          Wynn, a former first-round draft pick from Notre Dame, spent five years with the Jacksonville Jaguars and five years with the Washington Redskins before being released on the final cut-down day. The 6-foot-3, 296-pounder, who turned 33 last week, has 192 career tackles and 21.5 sacks.
          Source: http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2007...with_de_w.html

No word on who's getting cut yet and nothing on neworleanssaints.com so I'll wait for that until I change the roster.

Comment

Tyler Palko is apparently not even on the practice squad anymore...

Edit: Never mind ;)
            Last edited by Sveen; 09-22-2007, 07:06 AM.

Comment

2007 Rookie Watch Thread

Here is a good way to keep track on how our rookies are doing. I decided to only include the players that are still with the team, and I will of course keep it updated throughout the season.

NFL Draft Selection, Undrafted Free Agent

ACTIVE ROSTER
              • Andy Alleman (OG):
                0 games
              • Jermon Bushrod (OT):
                1 game
              • Robert Meachem (WR):
                0 games
              • Tyler Palko (QB):
                0 games
              • Pierre Thomas (RB):
                52 carries, 252 yards, 1 TD
                17 receptions, 151 yards, 1 TD
              • Usama Young (CB):
                25 tackles
              • Marvin Mitchell (LB):
                9 tackles

Source: http://www.nfl.com
              Last edited by Sveen; 05-11-2008, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing Andy Alleman this year for Jamar Nesbit or Jahri Evans. I think shuffling the offensive line is in order with either Alleman taking over for Nesbit or Evans taking over for Nesbit and Alleman taking over for Evans.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Pierre Thomas and Deuce in the backfield together with Reggie split out in the slot.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Lance Legree is no longer listed on injured reserve on the official website. Anyone know what happened to him? Injury settlement?

Comment

Well, now as Deuce is done for the year and Jason David is out 4-6 weeks we should be seeing more of Pierre Thomas and Usama Young.

Comment

I'm merging this thread with the Saints roster thread.

WHO DAT!

Comment

The Saints have released RB Quinton Smith from their PS.
                        They have also signed QB Tyler Palko, RB Jammal Branch, and WR Dante Ridgeway to their PS.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Transactions.aspx

I like the addition of Branch again. I liked what I saw out of him in preseason last year.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Payton's wednesday press conf.

http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles...0Practice.aspx

Opening Statement:

“In regards to the roster, yesterday we put Brian Young on injured reserve and we signed Orien Harris as a defensive tackle, number 92, off the practice squad of Buffalo.

Sucks to hear about Young.. I thought he was gonna make it back. Guess it was worse than originally thought. Anyone here know/hear much about Harris? Here's a college report I found on him.. sounds like he never met his expectations? Maybe it was the scheme he played in...

http://football.about.com/od/nationa...rienharris.htm

Comment

I like the signature ;)

Comment

The roster is now in '08 mode :)

Comment

Great job as always, Sveen.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information