Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. If this didn't expose our need for an OLB and O-line depth in the draft, Im not sure what will.

2. After giving up 3 TD's, Im not even sure how ticked off I should be at "Gramatichoke".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I have to say, I was impressed with how the Saints came back and took it until the very end. When it started off 21-3, at Denver, it didn't look good at the time. But they showed us, or at least me, something.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Both our teams are 1-2, Geo.

*hugs*

Reggie Bush is legit. That is all.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Week Four: San Francisco @ New Orleans

I don't even have anything to say. We've been handling the 49ers lately, but they are lookin' quite good this year. Please win. That is all. I don't think I can take another loss.

Here's to Reggie Bush scoring four touchdowns against them like he did in 2006.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• yes indeed please dont **** another match up, we could have been 3-0 if we just were a bit sharper

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I'm also a big 49ers fan (grew up about 2/1/2 hours North of SF) This is a real tough week for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                I'm also a big 49ers fan (grew up about 2/1/2 hours North of SF) This is a real tough week for me.
                i sort of feel for you the 49ers are my second team but still i know how i want to win. Good luck consulting your concience ;)

- No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Patrick Willis was awesome at containing Reggie today, the line played a little better, but Nicks will keep improving his game, and we should get stronger.

Drew Brees is hands down the best QB in the league right now, I don't even know how it's debatable.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Today's game was a good one. Brees was superb, hell he has so many weapons, when one (Bush) aint working he can just go to another (Moore and Meachem). Glad to see Deuce in the mix today also.

Comment

• i think we deliberately kept bush out the game because it meant also keeping willis out of the game. There was no use to play complex just to get bush the ball, the 49ers were so focused on containing hi, that we neednt bother utilising him to much.

- No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• It's been a while since I've been able to post, have been held up with real life obligations but I'm going to try and pop in every once in a while.

Solid win yesterday, I think this team really needed that just for the morale boost. Like it was mentioned earlier with a few breaks going our way in the previous 2 games we could very well be atleast 3-1 right now... but that's just how the NFL goes sometimes, it is what it is and we're back at .500 now with a solid chance to regain some momentum.

Was great to see Deuce back in a key role. I think we sorely missed his reliable presence in the Running game the past 2 games, his ability to continuously grind forward to gain yardage even when not much is there really helped us to open up some things in the Down field passing game. Hopefully he will stay fresh, and continue to get healthier as the season progresses because this Offense needs his contributions.

Excited at the emergence of Meachem, he is turning out to be a very dangerous deep threat with solid catching ability. (the over the shoulder catch on the flea-flicker was great) Hopefully he'll continue to mature, and grow into the Offense, and see more snaps. Once we can get Colston, and Shockey back into the mix the Offense looks to be deadly.

Defense showed some signs of life, yes they were playing a 49ers Offense, but the Defensive Line wreaked havoc upon JT O'Sullivan for much of the day, and did I mention I love having Sedrick Ellis progress in the middle of the D-line? He almost always draws 2 blockers, and still manages to get a decent push on the pocket, which opens up things for our outside Defensive Ends.. he will only get better as well.

Need to stay sharp for next week and not overlook the Vikings.

Comment

• OMG AURON! YES!

We're able to contain AD and I think we'll be fine against the Vikes. They DO scare me on paper, though. Brees should be be able to take advantage against their defense, though.

Comment

• Yep, key to that game will be containing Peterson. He will definitely get his yardage, one of the most dangerous runners in the NFL today... but if we can limit his damage and prevent the big play runs, I think we'll be able to keep the Vikes 1 dimensional, and hopefully our improving Defense can take advantage of some of their struggles in the passing game. (particularly at QB)

On the other side of the ball the Offensive line needs to continue to step up, we can't overlook their Defensive front they are very Physical along the D-line... but if Brees gets the protection he needs there will be some match-ups we can exploit in the Secondary.

Comment

• Week 5 Saints (2-2) vs. Vikings (1-3)

I smell a win coming, especially if our passing game is as good as it has been lately.

Comment

• Key to this game IMO is limiting the damage Adrian Peterson does to us on the ground, he will grind out his yardage no doubt; hopefully we can prevent the big play runs from occurring.

Minnesota is very physical up front on the Defensive side of the ball, so the Offensive Line has to be on top of their game.. if Drew gets his protection we'll have the opportunities to expose some of the gaps in Minnesota's Cover 2 scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information