Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game scares me. And, I won't get to see it... I'm hoping for a win, though.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Its gonna be a toughie, they are about as physical as it gets, our offense should be well suited to attack them though, I'm just a bit scared about our ability to stop them at third downs, that seems to be our weakness so far in the season

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• The Vikings were pretty bad against the pass last year (not sure what they look like this year), but they definitely have two good cornerbacks and they're almost impossible to run against..

I dunno. I think if we can at least slow down Peterson a little bit we have a shot. They can't do much else offensively from what I've seen, which is a shame because I really like Bernard Berrian.

Comment

• Reggie might be effective against this team, they are quite physical, but they aren't very fast overall defensively, though I seriously doubt we can hold any blocks against this team long enough to make our running backs effective.

Swing passes will be key this game to opening things up, and if the line holds up well, Brees should light up this secondary.

No running back has really exploded on us yet, and we have been doing a great job stopping the run on key downs IMO, but Peterson could have a big day if we aren't careful.
          Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            Reggie might be effective against this team, they are quite physical, but they aren't very fast overall defensively, though I seriously doubt we can hold any blocks against this team long enough to make our running backs effective.

Swing passes will be key this game to opening things up, and if the line holds up well, Brees should light up this secondary.

No running back has really exploded on us yet, and we have been doing a great job stopping the run on key downs IMO, but Peterson could have a big day if we aren't careful.
            This...was about to say the thing that worries me about the Vikings is their Physical Defensive Line play, they have the Linemen to push the pocket, get their hands up and Disrupt Brees' rhythm, and timing. We've struggled against these types of teams in the past (Tennesse last season, Chicago, Washington)

I think we can counter this with a strong Perimeter passing game, trying to set up 1-1 mismatches on the outside with Bush, picking up some yardage with quick screens, and swing passes... We may be able to neutralize some of the interior pressure in this manner.

As far as Peterson I agree, this will be a true test for Mr. Sedrick Ellis & Jon Vilma.
            Last edited by Auron; 10-01-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post

As far as Peterson I agree, this will be a true test for Mr. Sedrick Ellis & Jon Vilma.
              I couldn't agree more.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• iam scared too. its the classic trap game AND the vikings are a team what usually bring problems to us.
                they have a great running game and a great defense, exactly like the titans powned us last year, like one of you guys mentioned before.

iam not sold on our OL , i know we gave up very few sacks , but i also know how quick drew brees release his passes and how good he is doing shaking up those pass rushers.
                if the line is collapsing all night , we can get under the wheels pretty badly. so its hard for me to predict a tremendous victory.... it will be a hard fought game or it will be a desaster , when lets say , the vikings start with an pick six or so, i do not see us coming back from this.

we did very poor when we were clear cut favorites , the last years.

Comment

• Sigh.. only we could find a way to lose a game like that. Shut down Peterson all game, outgain the Vikings.. yet make fundamental mistakes that botch us the game.

Yes we had some terribly unexpected breaks go against us, but we found a way to regain momentum and blew it. Championship caliber teams find ways to close those games out once they gain the upperhand. Martin Gramatica is not the answer in the Kicking game, like Mare in the year before he's lost all confidence in making a crucial FG with the game on the line.

Heroic effort from Reggie though, without the clutch returns we're not even in this game.. in that 2nd half.

Also I must say the lack of receiving options is starting to sorely show... it was only a matter of time but even though guys like Lance Moore, and Devery were playing way above their heads they can't be counted on to be every down reliable guys... and Meachem is not as up to date with the playbook to be a major contributor yet.

Still too early to call this season shot... although wow the injuries just keep piling up (Porter now?) Our only hope is to hold out next week vs. the Raiders and hope key contributors like Colston, Shockey, Ellis rehab and get back ASAP. However this was a major setback...

Comment

• I hate life. That's all.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I'm still in shock.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        I'm still in shock.
                        I'm not. That's the sad part.

Comment

• Winfield returning the blocked punt, albeit a crappy kick, is all luck, you can't predict, plan or do anything else to that - it happens. The Bernard Berrian TD should never have happened, Christ, both recievers were going to the post; how do you not break that up. 2 missed FG's buy Gramati-choke, not to memtion the afore mentioned crappy kick, has me so mad I could spit.

Comment

• While i agree that winfield's collection/return of the blocked kick was a matter of just being in the right place at the right time, his sack and strip of Brees was just sick. Winfield was blowing people up all night and i think that he is the main reason that the Vikings have won the 2 games that they did.

I am also in shock that the Vikings weren't able to throw that game away down the stretch... they sure seemed to try... I thought that the Saints were going to prevail until the pass interference call at the end.

And shouldn't you be talking to kids or something CJ?? ;)
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Ed Hochuli gave that game to the Vikings.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Week 11: New Orleans Saints @ Kansas City Chiefs

Week 11: New Orleans Saints (4-5) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-8)

After the loss to Atlanta we are 4-5, and this weeks game against Kansas City is a must win if we want to have a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm really concerned about this game. We are on the road at Arrowhead and playing a team that seems to be improving. I didn't see the KC @ SD game last week, but following the game at NFL.com it seemed like Tyler Thigpen is playing pretty good and they didn't have a single turnover against a tough San Diego defense. This is not a gimme game (at least not anymore), and with all our injuries I'm really afraid this is a game we might lose if everyone ain't giving 100%.

Please share your thoughts about the matchup.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information