Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like i'm saying this every week but this is a must win. If we win we have a pretty managable path to the playoffs, not easy but managable, with two home games where we looked strong all season and an away game with the lions needing to be won, which leaves us with a game in chicago that is tough. That being said this game is just vital, not only cause its a tough one and we need the but also the win is quite essential in all kinds of tiebreaker procedures, I have a feeling that one of the NFC's 10-6 teams is gonna drop out so lets make sure where not that team.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Watched this one in CA. Glad we won because i was watching with a bunch of childhood friends and they all know I am now a Saints fan.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
        This is the perfect time for the Saints to get hot..3 divisional games down the stretch
        Damn straight, this could be the turn around point,

Comment

• This is all I can say right now.

Comment

• How many fricking penalties did we have today?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• If you had a different coach....you would have won....that is all.

Comment

• Not sure about all that. I am sure that I am tired of his ******* playcalling though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• so close, I actually thought the team put a decent effort out there today, the playcalling really is another story though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Payton really has got to go for you guys. That reverse on fourth down, when the conditions were still good was an absolutely brutal call

Comment

• I didn't get to see the game (they aired NYG @ WAS in Norway), but this was really a tough loss. Now we have to win out to have a chance to reach the playoffs :(

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• I don't even know what to say.

Comment

• I'll copy and paste some of the stuff I said in the Week 13 Discussion Thread.

"I agree with Banner on this. We have talent on the team. Sure, we need help at some positions but we haven't been able to do anything with Payton aside from his first year when he confused everyone with smoke and mirrors.

As far as the needs you listed, Stinchcomb is playing a lot better at RT than he did last year (and I was a very harsh critic of his).
                          At RB we have Pierre Thomas who should be the featured back and Bush and Deuce the complimentary backs. He's shown he's more than capable of handling the load, of catching out of the backfield, and of being able to run between the tackles.
                          Yes, we do need another DT but for the most part it's our rotation. We could use another DT to play alongside Ellis, but our rotation needs work.
                          WLB desperately needs an upgrade because Scott Shanle is garbage.
                          SLB is set, Fujita is the man.
                          And the secondary needs an overhaul. Roman Harper is a great extra linebacker and I'd like to see some defensive plays drawn up just for him since I can see him being an "X" factor on D. FS we desperately need help at. Something like the 46 that Rob Ryan drew up in Chicago yet different.

The problem with the Saints is defensive scheme, offensive play calling, and the mindset of the coaches. We need a new coaching staff, or if we decide to keep Payton as the HC, then we need an OC that calls the plays and not Payton."

I'm becoming less of a fan of Payton's as the season goes on. I wasn't a fan of hiring to begin with but have been giving him a shot and right now I'm not happy with his play-calling or insistence on feeding Reggie the ball.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            or insistence on feeding Reggie the ball.
                            Huge problem. Let him be an explosive compliment.

Not the focal point.

There are ways to get him the ball eight to ten times per game other than swing passes and trick ****.

PR/KR/screen/some carries/SLOT!

The gimmicky garbage would get to me. It's almost predictable.

His presence on the field is enough to change the defense drastically, why not let him do that and create opportunities for others?
                            Last edited by Bruce Banner; 12-01-2008, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                              Huge problem. Let him be an explosive compliment.

Not the focal point.

There are ways to get him the ball eight to ten times per game other than swing passes and trick ****.

PR/KR/screen/some carries/SLOT!

The gimmicky garbage would get to me. It's almost predictable.

His presence on the field is enough to change the defense drastically, why not let him do that and create opportunities for others?
                              Exactly my point. If they use him like Philadelphia uses Brian Westbrook then he'd be outstanding.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Week 14: Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (8-4) @ New Orleans Saints (6-6)

The playoffs starts now. With a 6-6 record and last place in the division, this is the game. If we lose this, our season is basically over. We can, maybe, overcome a loss outside the division and still make the playoffs, all though it's highly unlikely.

Share your thoughts about the game.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information