Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Zach Strief every time I watch him play.

I can't wait to see our heavy package with Brown and Strief both in when he gets back.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• I have just one thing to keep from this game and that is how happy it makes me that the saints are winning these kind of games. This performance with all its flaws (and there were plenty) has made me convinced that the saints will make the playoffs

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
        I like Zach Strief every time I watch him play.

I can't wait to see our heavy package with Brown and Strief both in when he gets back.
        So do I. I've been impressed with Strief for quite some time. I still think he's a better RT than Stinchcomb.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Week Four: New York Jets @ New Orleans Saints

No words needed for this one guys. 3-0 vs 3-0. #1 offense taking on the #1 defense.

Any excited for this one like I am?
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I am hoping Sedrick Ellis holds a USC alumni get-together with Mark Sanchez every other play.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• That would be lovely. He played a beast of a game yesterday. The Jets' offensive line has been REALLY impressive this season, though - I hope he can get the best of Mangold.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I'm worried about this game. The Jets have been playing fantastic lately and their defense is reminiscent of the superior Ravens defenses of the past years. The Saints offensive line struggled against the Bills blitz packages so I shudder to think at how we will fare against the exotic blitzes that Rex Ryan and Co. will throw at us.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Should I sit brees and go with cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                    Should I sit brees and go with cutler.
                    maybe if it were in new york now i would just go with brees in the dome and everything

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      That would be lovely. He played a beast of a game yesterday. The Jets' offensive line has been REALLY impressive this season, though - I hope he can get the best of Mangold.
                      We were getting a great rush with just a 3 man front, that's a great sign for us!

And never never never bench Brees.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        I'm worried about this game. The Jets have been playing fantastic lately and their defense is reminiscent of the superior Ravens defenses of the past years. The Saints offensive line struggled against the Bills blitz packages so I shudder to think at how we will fare against the exotic blitzes that Rex Ryan and Co. will throw at us.
                        I think Payton had an off day playcalling wise. he called an abnormally large number of runs (for his taste) and Brees, for whatever reason, didn't check into better plays against the blitzes.

we should be fine though playing at home.

Comment

• Wrong. Payton didn't have a off day playcalling - he had a GREAT day playcalling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            Wrong. Payton didn't have a off day playcalling - he had a GREAT day playcalling.
                            only reason it could be considered great was the running game showed up. he did nothing to offset the blitzes. a 3rd and long draw play to reggie? that was a horrible call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                              only reason it could be considered great was the running game showed up. he did nothing to offset the blitzes. a 3rd and long draw play to reggie? that was a horrible call.
                              At first glance it looks bad, but considering the situation and how that game played out it was the right call. I believe the game was still 10-7 at that point... and the Defense had been playing outstanding. Very un-Payton like to go with the conservative play call in that situation but when you think about it? Why risk, a possible Turnover in the windy conditions and give Buffalo a short field to work with. Pin the them back, and make them earn their way down the field... and with the Defense playing how it was that day it paid off.

Looking towards this Jets game.. it's funny how our schedule has played out thus far, every week is building up to be a bigger challenge with this one being this biggest thus far. I remember the last time a Rex Ryan coached Defense came into the Dome; the results were not pretty for the Saints. Hopefully they'll look long, and hard at that Ravens game from 2006, and also the Jets Week 2 game vs. the Patriots and study from the mistakes made. The key IMO will be the Wide Receivers, and QB being on the same page for route adjustments, on the hot reads... there's going to be a lot of pressure being brought and the ball will have to come out quick.. if the receivers can adjust I think we'll be able to pull off some big gains, and maybe slow down some of the pressure.

That's why I would really like to see Lance Moore back for this game..he's really good at adjusting on the fly for hot reads, and Brees trusts him in pressure situations.

Comment

• I'm really excited for this game as a Jets fan. It will be pretty interesting to see how the new defense fares against the NFL's top offensive attack. Not really a stretch to say that the Saints are the biggest challenge for this team so far. I think the Saints will win this game, particularly playing in the dome. Either way I'm glad I'll get to actually watch it on TV this week, don't always get Jets games in Philly. Hope it's a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information