Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I wanted to see how the Saints would respond in a situation where they would trail. They were faced with adversity today and responded with a true come from behind victory. I think this team learned a lot about each other, and their selves today. I don't think I've ever seen a Saints team make that kind of comeback, we were down 24-3 at one point; but I'm glad they kept fighting, and they truly won the battle of the 2nd half.

Play calling wise in the first half I thought we were way too One dimensional.. the Dolphins were expecting us to Pass and we played right into their hands. Especially backed up against our own Goal-line, way too risky going with those kind of play calls. The protection was poor, and it seems the Offensive line was confused by their pre-snap shifts, and movements from their Defense. I'm just glad we didn't give up on the run, and went to Mike Bell in the 2nd half... his 35 yard run really broke things open and when we established him it limited what Miami's pass rush could do.

Defense really stepped it up in the 2nd half... after getting punched in the mouth in the first half they stepped up the physicality and really limited Miami's running game. I'm not sure why Miami kind of went away from the run game in the 2nd half but I think they put the ball in Henne's hands a little more then they needed to and his inexperience in those kind of situations showed, but he did have some bad drops go against him. Wow props to Jabari Greer, is any Corner in the NFC playing better than him right now? He's made a huge difference.

Comment

• OK so here is the deal, I was watching the game and about to **** fire all through the first half. I was seeing red. We were down 24-3 and I got up to get a drink when I caught my refection in the mirror. I had a Cubs hat on. Then it hit me...Chicago, 2007 play-offs...oh no, I'm the jinx. I rushed in to my bedroom and changed my shirt and hat. By the time I got back into the living room, Brees was lunging over the middle to score and end the 2nd quarter.

The second half was a different story. I loved seeing Shockey go over 100 yards and is Darren Sharper just awesome or is it me. Thank God our offensive line got it together for the most part that second half as well. Count on Ellis being out a week or two with the sprained right knee.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Play of the day, David Thomas with a terrific tackle... on Reggie Bush :D

Great great game for us, Darren Sharper=DPOY.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• What concerns me from this game is how we came out injury wise... It looks like Sedrick Ellis, and Heath Evans both sustained injuries that although don't look season threatening... will keep them out for some significant time.

I think Hargrove filled in nicely for Ellis and was able to generate a good push in pass rush, and we can activate Clancy.. to play against the run... so we can get by at DT for now.... but the bigger worry is at Fullback where we have no true fall back option. With Evans out we lose a lot... a very solid lead blocker, and a nice check down option in the passing game.

Comment

• Indeed, we do Auron. However, I think Dave Thomas will play a lot of TE/H-Back role for us.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• just glad that the team showed it could come from behind and stuff

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Absolutely ridiculous. Had to have been fumbled at like the two, and the ref is staring right at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                  Absolutely ridiculous. Had to have been fumbled at like the two, and the ref is staring right at it.
                  Oh well karmic justice for the replay machine suddenly not working..

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                    Oh well karmic justice for the replay machine suddenly not working..
                    Yeah, because this touchdown (which should have resulted in us having the ball) is totally equivalent to us getting a first down on a drive that yielded us no points IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                      Yeah, because this touchdown (which should have resulted in us having the ball) is totally equivalent to us getting a first down on a drive that yielded us no points IIRC.
                      I'm not going to argue that it wasn't a bad call... but that one call did not lose the Dolphins the game. Good teams find ways to overcome a bad call, the Dolphins blew a 27-17 lead which they held midway through the 3rd quarter, and outside of the big Hartline reception, and following TD they didn't do much to stop the Saints from coming back in that 2nd half.

Even still the Refs didn't have a clear angle available to them at the time of the replay, and the sideline ref was most likely focusing on Sharper's feet making sure he didn't step out of bounds. I would focus more of my anger towards Ted Ginn, he doesn't bobble the ball up in the air, Sharper never gets the chance to pick it off and we're not even in a position to discuss this.
                      Last edited by Auron; 10-29-2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Owned imo.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Week Eight: Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Trying to go 7-0 on Monday Night Football against a division rival... doesn't get much better than that. Our defense will really get tested with Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Michael Turner & Tony Gonzalez coming into town.

This game has me worried - injuries to Heath Evans and Sedrick Ellis royally sucks as well. Hope Gregg Williams has some schemes to throw at their offense.

I think our offense can score some points on their defense - their secondary is looking mighty thin.

GEAUX SAINTS!

Comment

• yeah I dont like the injuries one bit. Luckily Ellis will be back sooner rather than later (as far as i know) but I would never think I'd say this from a FB in a pro system but the saints are really going to miss Heath. I dont think we will lose much with respect to lead blocking and stuff but it will hurt in Brees' receiving options and it basicly just limits the depth of the playbook.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• This is the most important game thus far in the season, because of it's NFC South implications... it's very important to take care of business within the Division so you control your own destiny at the end of the season. Right now it looks like Atlanta is the main obstacle in between winning the NFC South down the line, this game is so crucial because a Saints win would put them ahead 3 games in the Division; where as a loss would give the Falcons renewed hope, and would almost force us to have to win the rematch later in the season in Atlanta.

I expect the Falcons to give the Saints their best shot on Monday Night, and if they go down they'll go down swinging. I'm not sure if it's Mike Smith's style but I expect him to try and pull all the stops, even with trick plays and unexpected calls. I know the Falcons secondary is looking vulnerable but I hope we stay balanced with the running game, I expect Atlanta to game plan to try and hide the weaknesses in the Secondary as much as possible. We tried to take advantage of Miami's secondary by spreading the field, but it worked against us as we got too predictable.. and they were able to generate pressure. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

I think their Offense will be able to put up points... it's just not conceivable for me to think we'll be able to completely shut down weapons like White, Gonzalez, Turner throughout the whole game, and Ryan generally takes care of the ball. Hopefully we can still come up with a few timely Turnovers and take advantage. The early part of this game is very important if the Saints can go up early.. and turn it into a scoring contest that puts as in an advantage IMO... if Atlanta can slowly control the clock with Turner and move the chains, they will keep it a close game.

Comment

• Game tonight! I'm stoked.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information