Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im going to try and stay up for this one. could be that im to drunk by gametime though but we'll see

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• 7-0 baby

WHO DAT

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Good god, this team is going to give me a damn heart attack.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I agree but thankfully this year they are finding ways to win these kind of games, where as in years past after a timely Turnover late in the game things probably would've spiraled out of hand. Out to a great 7-0 start but there are still some issues.. lately we're having a lot of issues stopping the run. We got away with it this time but you can't let Michael Turner rush for 151 yards and expect to come away with a win. Have to work on finishing tackles a lot of very poor one arm tackling attempts at Turner that didn't effect him at all. Hopefully it will improve with Ellis, and Fujita back in the lineup.

They've prided themselves in being a 2nd half team and even though they broke through in the 4th quarter... I'd say the Falcons overall played better in the 2nd half outside of a few timely plays that went our way. The Fumbling just cannot happen... we dodged two bullets.. Pierre, and Mike Bell have to hold onto the ball... 2nd half we only came away with 7 points... that is not going to get it done. I thought Marques Colston had some favorable match-ups... I would've liked to see him become more involved, but overall the Offense outside of the one scoring drive was not able to move the ball to close the game out.

I'm worried about Goodwin... that looked like a really bad injury and I'm still kind of ticked about how it happened.. that would be a blow to lose our starting Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post

I'm worried about Goodwin... that looked like a really bad injury and I'm still kind of ticked about how it happened.. that would be a blow to lose our starting Center.
            Yeah, it looked like who ever it was on the Falcons (can't remember who it was ) was pushing through on David Thomas a little late. You can't blame Thomas in a situation like that.

Comment

• Sounds like Goodwin should be just fine.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Week Nine: Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Another big NFC South matchup for our squad and this one worries me. The Carolina Panthers has given us fits lately and with the way Michael Turner ran on Monday our defensive is going to have its hands full with DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart. The Panthers started off slow, but it looks like they are primed to make their push -- their LBs (Beason & David) matchup very well with our speed as well.

I hope we can pull out the win and Gregg Williams dials up some calls to make Delhomme looked like he did in the playoffs.

Comment

• Im very nervous about this one. Im usually a big optimist but im very nervous

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• A lot of people are favoring the Saints greatly in this one but I'm not so sure. I believe it will be another grueling, tough Divisional match-up. The Panthers under Fox are a team that are built to beat us... if the Saints show up and beat Carolina on a short weeks rest after a physical Monday Night win, I will truly not even doubt this team the rest of the way.

The Panthers are also catching us at a bad time, as lately we've been struggling against the run.. we're missing 2 of our best run Defenders in Ellis, and Fujita. While their running game looks like it's starting to get rolling again Williams/Stewart combined for 245 rushing yards, and 2 rushing TDs against Arizona.

I think what this game really comes down to is if we can limit the DeAngelo Williams/ Jon Stewart running combo, and make the Panthers have to try and pass to beat us... as our Defense has been at it's best when they are able to anticipate the pass, and get after the QB and that's how we generate Turnovers.... it will help drastically if we can somehow establish an early lead over this team. Another key point in this game will be the play of Julius Peppers. The Saints have to have a plan for him, when he's on he can completely disrupt your passing game as Arizona learned last week.

Comment

• Saints are favored by like 17, but this is the one I feel we have the best chance to lose so far.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        Saints are favored by like 17, but this is the one I feel we have the best chance to lose so far.
                        Saints are seriously 17 point favorites? Even with both our starting Defensive Tackles out? (Clancy to IR today) and our starting SLB out (Fujita) against Carolina's running game? Wow.

Comment

• You guys are making me feel real uneasy. Get quiet or get positive. I understand your position, but I have a feeling Drew and co. will be carving up the Carolina D.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                            You guys are making me feel real uneasy. Get quiet or get positive. I understand your position, but I have a feeling Drew and co. will be carving up the Carolina D.
                            Well looking at the big picture overall the Saints have quite a lot of advantages on paper..

I'm just concerned about our situation at Defensive Tackle, especially with two very talented backs coming to NO in D.Williams & J.Stewart. Also add the problems at SLB because of Fujita being out, I just don't trust T.Evans/J.Dunbar/M.Mitchell their play the past weeks has been very shaky.. I just have worries we're going to struggle stopping their running game.

Also John Fox always seems to come up with some good Defensive game plans for us... I think we get the Panthers best shot tomorrow, the biggest need for the Saints in this game is to establish an early lead somehow... we can really put Carolina in a hole if we force them to up the tempo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                              Saints are seriously 17 point favorites? Even with both our starting Defensive Tackles out? (Clancy to IR today) and our starting SLB out (Fujita) against Carolina's running game? Wow.
                              What happened to Clancy?

I have a feeling this game stays close the first half then we burst out in the second half

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
                                What happened to Clancy?
                                On going knee issue, just couldn't get over it so he was placed on IR. and DeMario Pressley signed to the active roster. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information