Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the Redskins always play us tough, as mentioned they beat us in the last 2 meetings... so I'm expecting another brutally tough, game. They are at Home, facing an undefeated team I definitely feel they will get up to play this one.

Last season the main reason we lost was due to costly turnovers, and inability to convert short yardage situations. If we can protect the ball, and Pierre and Mike Bell can come through in short yardage I think we'll be able to pull this one out. Hopefully Greg Williams has some aggressive play calls lined up, to force Campbell into some mistakes.
    Last edited by Auron; 12-05-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

either way, as long as we trounce the cowboys, I don't care if we drop one!
      Quoted for ************* truth!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I really don't want to drop this one though, I remember in 2006 when all we had to do was beat the Redskins at Home, and we'd clinch the Division of our own accord, and we had a major letdown and lost that game.

We still won the Division, but only because the other teams in the Division lost and it was a bittersweet feeling. I want to win the Division the right way this season.. on the field, and not because of Atlanta losing... Also if we lose, and the Vikings win they would hold the #1 seed due to tiebreakers.

So Payton's analogy stands correct. The most important game is always the next game... that's why this game is the biggest of the season right now.

Comment

• Marvin Mitchell, Scott Fujita, Randall Gayand Jabari Greer will not play. I don't see this affecting the outcome. I still see us winning this one.

Comment

• Tied at halftime, quite an exciting game. Especially with the Int - strip - TD by Meachem.

Comment

• I can't handle too many more games like that. Sweet Jesus, I am amazed we pulled that out. Someone put Shaun Suisham on the payroll.

Comment

• Still trying to figure out between this win, and the Miami game which was more of an epic comeback... I would prefer them not to play games like this but all things considered it's great to actually Clinch the Division with a win this season.

I have a lot of thoughts on this game but I'll write it up later.. In short though the Defensive Injuries finally caught up with us in a game.. it was only a matter of time before some team exploited our Secondary with our top 3 Cornerbacks out. Jenkins although he had 2 very solid games in Tampa, and vs New England.. he showed today that he's still a rookie and has a lot of learning left to do... While McKenzie, and McAlister still have to get back up to the speed of the game.

My only really big concern going forward... is that for the first time this year I felt we truly could not establish the Run at all.. we tried to run the ball... but we just couldn't period. I'm not sure how much of that was Haynesworth, and the Redskins Front 7 dominating.... and how much was our O-line coming up short.. probably a mix but we had to rely on Brees' arm far more then necessary in a game where the conditions outside favored us to run. Thankfully that #9 guy is pretty darn good... but this must be fixed for the playoffs.

Comment

• Congrats on the win, we fcking suck and refuse to win. Still though I had to laugh watching your defense today because it was giving me flashbacks of Greg Williams as our DC.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• You'd think in a week where we are struggling, Thomas+Bush would have more than 7 total carries, less than half of what Mike Bell got.

I know he likes to keep the ball moving around, but when Bell is being so thoroughly stymied, mix it up a little more.... you're not doing yourself any favors by benching possibly your two most dangerous weapons.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      Congrats on the win, we fcking suck and refuse to win. Still though I had to laugh watching your defense today because it was giving me flashbacks of Greg Williams as our DC.
                      With fairness to Gregg Williams', we were down three of our top CBs and our starting OLB. It was only a matter of time before those injuries finally took their toll on our defense.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        With fairness to Gregg Williams', we were down three of our top CBs and our starting OLB. It was only a matter of time before those injuries finally took their toll on our defense.
                        I agree. Couple that with the low that follows such an emotiona high (beating NE) this was going to be a tough week.

Comment

• Congrats on the win u guys rock we suck
                          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                            Congrats on the win u guys rock we suck
                            yet you guys outplayed us

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I think there are numerous factors you can attribute to our Poor Defensive performance. First and foremost the players just were not used to playing in the Cold weather, with those field conditions. Lets face it we're just not a Cold weather team, we play most of our games in a Dome... So you have to expect some kind of adjustment especially playing with such poor field conditions. There was heavy precipitation the night before the game, and the field was slick, torn up, and contributed to some poor footing.

I thought they picked on Jenkins, which was expected as a Rookie.. and also Mike McKenzie... he played a great game vs. New England.. maybe above his head, but he came back down to earth this week and struggled big time. He missed some tackle opportunities, and just in general looked like a guy who had not played football in a while... he was even benched at one point in the game. (Prioleau took snaps from him in Nickel towards the end) In general our Tackling was poor, the Redskins used a lot of crossing routes, and quick passes out to the flats in the Redzone, and our guys were slow getting to the ball, and had poor tackling attempts. You can attribute part of it to field conditions, part of it to missing guys with Injury but the bottom line is you can't give up gimme points like that.

Scott Fujita's absence was also very notable. He's a very smart, veteran Linebacker and it shows when he's out... Dunbar, and Evans just aren't at his level.... a lot of those short underneath routes, and Tight End receptions would be better contested with Fujita in. Not too mention he does a lot better job of staying at Home, and covering the backside of run plays....

Despite the great job Greg Williams has done scheming this year, there was going to be a game where our injuries would be exploited... we just didn't expect it to happen against a Washington team who's Offense struggled all season.. but eh they've been playing hard, and who else would better understand how Greg Williams would attack then Jason Campbell and the guys who played on the other side of Williams while he was in Washington.

Comment

• Idk what to think about this game. I just watched it today. It was very sloppy defensively for the Saints. I understand that this was a short week and that the monday night game was most likely emotionally draining but i'm starting to get the feeling that we play down to those weaker opponents and only really show up against the "elite" teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information