This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
    Brees had a QB rating of over 100 and we all feel he was somehow off. I get what you are saying though, and I think despite not having Reggie in the backfield, we get it together this week and drop a 40 burger on the Falcons this week.
    I think we've been spoiled by our offense and expect 40 points and 500 yards of offense every week but i hope you are right and we can finally start firing on all cylinders.

Comment

• falcons are gonna stomp on the saints. who is up for a sig bet?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        falcons are gonna stomp on the saints. who is up for a sig bet?
        **** it I'll sig bet you.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• Disappointing loss, I still don't know why Payton at least didn't try to go for the TD down that far in their territory, we had first down.. and I still don't have as much faith in Hartley in game winning situations.

Henderson and Meachem have been no shows this season thus far... dropped passes, not noticing them much at all on the field. O-line had a fairly disappointing day.. although they improved 4th quarter, and in Overtime. It was only a matter of time we dropped one after a SB win... just can't let this linger... move on to the next week. We'll see these guys later in the season although it will be a lot tougher in their House.

Comment

• New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

Opening night against the champs is coming up in two days... I'm pumped. Will hope to put some thoughts about the game before game day.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Yes it's about time this off-season seemed longer than usual even.

Really rough draw that we got what is in my mind our toughest game on the Schedule to start the season. We know that the Home team comes out pumped in these opening games, and it's going to be tough to get to Rodgers without our best Defensive Linemen, Will Smith. I think our DBs really need to be on their game because I foresee Greg Williams dialing up a bunch of pressures through out the game.

One match up that I think concerns me is Jermichael Finley against our Linebackers in Pass Coverage, I have a feeling Rodgers will be looking for him often. If we do win this game I think it will because we Ran the ball great, and Ingram had a coming out party. We have experience playing in these games. (once on the road at Indy, and last year as Defending champs) So maybe that will help us cope with the opening emotions some.

Comment

• Lance Moore has been ruled for tomorrow's game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  Lance Moore has been ruled for tomorrow's game.
                  I don't like this one bit, that's Brees security blanket.. and probably between him and Colston the receiver he trusts the most. He had a huge play in GB in '08 where he burned them on a Corner blitz for a TD.

Oh well we'll need other guys to step up but I still don't like this.

Comment

• Great game with a great outcome. Even if the Sproles TD were to be called back, it would still be a W. Brees is off to a great start.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Thank goodness we finally beat the Bears, I'm sure that's a monkey that both Payton and Brees wanted to get off their backs as well.

Defense played much better, and it's definitely an improvement when Casillas is out there. However I don't know if we really know how good or bad this Defense is... I think yesterday's outcome was more of a result of how poor Chicago is Offensively right now. Their top 2 receiving targets were out for most of the game, and that Offensive line is just terrible. Houston will be the real test for our Defense.
                      Last edited by Auron; 09-19-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• I just looked at your schedule. 3 first games are EASILY the toughest games on the slate. Wow.

Weeks 4-9 should be 5-1 at WORST.

@ ATL is tough but not impossible at all.

Then Giants and Lions at home, a couple of cupcakes on the road, and Atlanta and Carolina at home.

12-4 is a conservative estimate. I know you'll lay a couple of eggs but I wanted to look at the sked because playing GB and CHI to start seemed particularly tough.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          I just looked at your schedule. 3 first games are EASILY the toughest games on the slate. Wow.

Weeks 4-9 should be 5-1 at WORST.

@ ATL is tough but not impossible at all.

Then Giants and Lions at home, a couple of cupcakes on the road, and Atlanta and Carolina at home.

12-4 is a conservative estimate. I know you'll lay a couple of eggs but I wanted to look at the sked because playing GB and CHI to start seemed particularly tough.
                          Eh I don't want to get too ahead of ourselves just yet. I thought last year we had a really easy schedule, but then we came out and laid eggs against Cleveland at Home, and an Arizona team that started Max Hall at QB...

I'll wait and see what this Defense is really all about before projecting anything further, they got torched early Opening Night, but bounced back in a way yesterday. I want to see if we can consistently get pressure on QBs, and if we'll be able to stop good running teams. Chicago really never tried to establish much of a run game.

Comment

• Week Three: Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

Big game... a potent offense will test our defense.. and let's see if our offense can continue to perform well. It's not a division / conference game, but it'll be nice to go 2-1.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• 2 Picks by Brees thus far have not been helpful.

Comment

• 2-1, feels good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information