Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a roller coaster of a game, 5 lead changes. Defensively we gave up huge chunks of yards for most of the game, which concerns me. Thankfully we were able to hold Houston to 4 Field Goals when they got inside our 20 yard line, which was the difference in this game.Definitely missed Porter, and Vilma more than I thought we would. Although overall Dunbar did a very solid job of filling in.

Brees continues to come up big, when the game is on the line. He looked unstoppable in the 4th quarter and continued to show outstanding leadership by continuing to go to Jimmy Graham even after he had a miscue on a wrong route that resulted in an Interception earlier. Lance Moore also came alive in that 4th quarter.

These first three games to start the season have been brutal even though two of them were at Home. I think we came out ok. Now I just wonder what the extent of the Zach Strief injury is.. the Injury looked pretty bad but hopefully it just looked worse than what it is.

Comment

• Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
        Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way.
        Good luck to the Texans as well. You have a good team, I'm expecting them to be in the Playoffs for the first time in their history this season.

Comment

• Damn good game by Houston. They're going to win the AFC South.

I'm also glad to see the resolve that the Saints showed in being able to take all of Houston's blows and still come out with a W.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Week Four: New Orleans Saints @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Big challenge in stopping MJD tomorrow..one of the best RBs in the league and our run defense has been very suspect at times. Also, covering Mercedes Lewis will be a challenge.. elite TEs just destroy us and Roman Harper (who will probably cover him) needs to be ready.

We get some keep players back this week such as Tracy Porter, Tom Johnson but will miss Strief & Kreutz. I think if our offense will need to feature a steady run game to set up the game.. Jacksonville haven't really given up the big plays this year.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Saints are 12-4 under Sean Payton in black jerseys-gold pants.

Saints Inactives for Today: C Kreutz, LB Herring, OT Strief, TE Thomas, WR Arrington, LB Wilson, DE Charleston

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Always good to get a Road Win. Not exactly a smooth ride, but our Defense really toughened up after playing a little loose in the 1st half. In the 2nd half they really made things tough on Gabbert, and got after him. Good to see Patrick Robinson making some progress. His Interception was the turning point of the game IMO.

Jacksonville made us be really patient Offensively, but I still thought we could have been more efficient Offensively. Due to miscues from the Offensive line on 3rd down we had to settle for FG's in Jacksonville territory. I also am a little bit nervous about the Offensive Line they gave up too many pressures, and hits on Drew Brees for my liking. Hopefully we can get this cleaned up.

Comment

• Congrats on the win guys. Love your defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                    Congrats on the win guys. Love your defense.
                    Yeah good game, and thanks. Kind of surprised they showed so much trust in Gabbert in only his 2nd start. He looked really good early on, but kind of got shaky as the game went on. Really shocked the Jags didn't try to establish MJD more than they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      Yeah good game, and thanks. Kind of surprised they showed so much trust in Gabbert in only his 2nd start. He looked really good early on, but kind of got shaky as the game went on. Really shocked the Jags didn't try to establish MJD more than they did.
                      Yeah our playcalling is just a complete mess right now.

Comment

• We played like crap. Defense struggled to tackle... again. Sean Payton got injured. Brees played very poorly. Man, we just looked BAD.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Our games with TB will make or brake us this year; mark my words.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah not a good showing. I think losing Sean Payton impacted this Offense more than we may know... Again too much pressure on Brees to just be superman and win games with his arm... he can't do it every week. The run blocking for most of this season, and especially yesterday has been awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                              Yeah not a good showing. I think losing Sean Payton impacted this Offense more than we may know... Again too much pressure on Brees to just be superman and win games with his arm... he can't do it every week. The run blocking for most of this season, and especially yesterday has been awful.
                              as bad as the run blocking has been the running itself has also been awful outside of sproles

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Week Eight: New Orleans Saints @ St. Louis Rams

It should walk away with this one, but we can't be overconfident about it... stopping Steven Jackson will be our key on defense today.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information