Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb job by the Saints offense against the Jags defense, they really look like they are back to their Top 5 offense form of last year. Olindo Mare should be gone yesterday, a kicker not getting it done isn't worth this much concern/worry. Jimmy Johnson would have sent him packing four weeks ago.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

It was a great gameplan by Sean Payton. Jax is a VERY physical football team... so spread them out and just simply pick them apart. A great, great job our offensive line giving Drew Brees to stay in the pocket untouched to deliver strikes. Colston had a huge game even though he didn't score a TD. Here's hoping we blow the Rams out next week.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Superb job by the Saints offense against the Jags defense, they really look like they are back to their Top 5 offense form of last year. Olindo Mare should be gone yesterday, a kicker not getting it done isn't worth this much concern/worry. Jimmy Johnson would have sent him packing four weeks ago.
        I agree but the problem is this late in the season who can you find as a reliable replacement? Mare is certainly a liability in the kicking game, his leg strength is an asset on kick offs but his Field Goal accuracy is just terrible. Inexcusable to miss 2 crucial (at the time) FGs inside a Dome with no adverse weather conditions.

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        It was a great gameplan by Sean Payton. Jax is a VERY physical football team... so spread them out and just simply pick them apart. A great, great job our offensive line giving Drew Brees to stay in the pocket untouched to deliver strikes. Colston had a huge game even though he didn't score a TD. Here's hoping we blow the Rams out next week.
        Team has to stay focused, how disastrous would it be after all that work in getting to .500 to have a letdown game against a winless Rams team? I think like Bush hit the nail on the head when he said, Payton won't let them "Eat the cheese", and after that 0-4 start they are not going to take any game for granted.

Comment

I was just thinking about that. If we lost to St. Louis... I wouldn't put it pass this team, but I hope we go in and blow the hinges off of them.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Yeah, we have to stay focused against St. Louis. This is an old NFC West match up and I'm looking forward to a good game.

There are still a few things I want the Saints to work on but I love the way the offense is clicking. I also really like the way the defense is playing. We haven't given up a 100 yard rusher since Game 1.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Monday thoughts from Coach Payton:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/469444622df001

Comment

Charles Grant will sit out against the Rams due to his ankle injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Charles Grant will sit out against the Rams due to his ankle injury.
                  As will Brian Young for having surgery on his knee. Not good to be having Defensive line injuries the week you're facing Steven Jackson..

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                    As will Brian Young for having surgery on his knee. Not good to be having Defensive line injuries the week you're facing Steven Jackson..
                    Nov 8 Jackson (back) isn't expected to get a full workload against the Saints in Week 10, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
                    Recommendation: The club is going to be extra cautious with their franchise running back, especially now that they are all but out of the playoff chase. Head coach Scott Linehan was quoted as saying, "He's (Jackson) still not 100 percent. If we can get a certain amount of plays, and have him ready for Sunday, it will be beneficial for us. We're planning it that way." The bottom line is don't expect 20-plus carries and 5-10 receptions from Jackson on Sunday.
                    That's somewhat of a relief.

Comment

• I read that too a day or two ago, and took it with a grain of salt. I don't fully buy it, especially if the Rams are in position to win a game. We'll see, I guess.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• I don't truly buy it either, I think Linehan will be careful not to overload Jackson too much but if they are in prime position to win with a lead you would have to bet they'll try to grind the clock out with him.

The key to Win this game is to continue taking the 1 game at a time approach to avoid a letdown. I think Payton needs to make the team prepare for the Rams as if they were an 8-0 team, regardless of how they’ve played recently. I think obviously Holt & Bruce will present a lot of match up problems vs. our secondary, and having 2 starters on the Defensive line Out (Brian Young, and Charles Grant) really hurts when facing Steven Jackson. Kendrick Clancy, Antwan Lake, Renaldo Wynn, and Josh Cooper need to step up big time.

I believe we have to jump out to an early lead..something we've done the past few games. You can't let a team like St.Louis hang around, the longer they are in the game the more confidence they will build.

Comment

• Whats Reggie's status? He's listed as questionable and I was just wondering if you guys expect him to get a lot of touches or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
                            Whats Reggie's status? He's listed as questionable and I was just wondering if you guys expect him to get a lot of touches or not.
                            He said he was going to play, and that it's just your average football injury that a lot of guys fight through.

I think he'll start but I expect his snaps to be carefully monitored, Pierre Thomas and Aaron Stecker should get a little more action today.

Comment

• Game Day. I'm definitely nervous... here's hoping for the win and no injuries.

Comment

• That game was terrible and Reggie Bush and Jammal Brown are out and I don't know the extent of the injury. We can't really lose any more games. I also hope the coaching staff realizes after this season that Jason David is nothing more than a nickel corner. I want to see Usama Young as the starter opposite McKenzie.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information