Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so disappointing. It looked like we were starting to get back on track as a team and we go out and play that kind of a game. I feared the letdown coming into this game, but I never expected them to regress to playing like they did when they went 0-4.

Have to lay this loss squarely on the shoulders of Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Drew had some throws where he panicked under pressure and gave the Rams momentum, and attempting only 10 running back hand offs the whole game was just a monumental mistake of making us totally 1 dimensional.

It's clear that we are not a playoff caliber team this season, and have to make some improvements over the course of the rest of this season and off-season. I understand Holt/Bruce are one of the toughest WR combos to cover in the game but Jason David was embarrassed out on the field today.. he needs to improve very fast, very soon or this experiment should be over.

Comment

• Maybe some credit should go to Haslett, I've never seen the Rams so active before the snap and they were bringing disguised looks that were often effective against the Saints.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Trapgame indeed. -_-
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
          Just so disappointing. It looked like we were starting to get back on track as a team and we go out and play that kind of a game. I feared the letdown coming into this game, but I never expected them to regress to playing like they did when they went 0-4.

Have to lay this loss squarely on the shoulders of Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Drew had some throws where he panicked under pressure and gave the Rams momentum, and attempting only 10 running back hand offs the whole game was just a monumental mistake of making us totally 1 dimensional.

It's clear that we are not a playoff caliber team this season, and have to make some improvements over the course of the rest of this season and off-season. I understand Holt/Bruce are one of the toughest WR combos to cover in the game but Jason David was embarrassed out on the field today.. he needs to improve very fast, very soon or this experiment should be over.
          That experiment is over. He's not a starter on our team unless we start with the nickel package. He's a nickel corner at the most for us. We need Usama Young to step up and take the spot next to McKenzie or else we forego getting a first round linebacker and go after a first round corner. It pisses me off that we didn't go after Chris Houston or Puz in last year's draft to at least lessen the need for either CB or LB.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Not sure how much experience David has in the nickel. I'm pretty sure he hasn't played there in the pros, maybe college?

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
              That experiment is over. He's not a starter on our team unless we start with the nickel package. He's a nickel corner at the most for us. We need Usama Young to step up and take the spot next to McKenzie or else we forego getting a first round linebacker and go after a first round corner. It pisses me off that we didn't go after Chris Houston or Puz in last year's draft to at least lessen the need for either CB or LB.
              At this point might as well just start Usama Young (if he's healthy) he can gain some playing experience and learn as he goes, quite frankly he can't do any worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Not sure how much experience David has in the nickel. I'm pretty sure he hasn't played there in the pros, maybe college?
                I'd much rather have him lined up against the slot receiver than against the #2.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Oh Saints..some things never change.

Comment

• I think it was just a bad match-up for the Saints. Bulger is an accurate quarterback when healthy/standing, he was going to keep the Rams offense on the field. The Rams were going to come out of the bye week ready and roaring for their first win of the season. They were getting an elite runningback in Steve Jackson back, even though the Saints were going to hold him well in the running game with their run defense, he's a big part of their passing game and success in short-yardage/goal-line/third down conversion situations.

A big key was not having Charles Grant, as right tackle is/was a weakness for the Rams.

Comment

I think it was just a bad match-up for the Saints. Bulger is an accurate quarterback when healthy/standing, he was going to keep the Rams offense on the field. The Rams were going to come out of the bye week ready and roaring for their first win of the season. They were getting an elite runningback in Steve Jackson back, even though the Saints were going to hold him well in the running game with their run defense, he's a big part of their passing game and success in short-yardage/goal-line/third down conversion situations.

A big key was not having Charles Grant, as right tackle is/was a weakness for the Rams.
                      Not to mention our offensive line played like **** and could not pick up the blitz that Haslett was throwing at us. I would much rather have Jonathan Goodwin starting at C than Faine at this point.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        Not to mention our offensive line played like **** and could not pick up the blitz that Haslett was throwing at us. I would much rather have Jonathan Goodwin starting at C than Faine at this point.
                        I think we need a new starting C. I don't know how we'll get one but we need one. Maybe Alleman can play C? Usama Young needs to start at CB. I'll preach that until he does.

I'm very frustrated right now with this coaching staff. We were on a roll winning four games in a row and then right at the time that we couldn't lose a game we drop one to the then winless Rams.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          I think we need a new starting C. I don't know how we'll get one but we need one. Maybe Alleman can play C? Usama Young needs to start at CB. I'll preach that until he does.

I'm very frustrated right now with this coaching staff. We were on a roll winning four games in a row and then right at the time that we couldn't lose a game we drop one to the then winless Rams.
                          Until we're able to get a new center, Goodwin would be my choice. Against one of the best defensive lines in football (Jax), the guy held his own against Stroud & Henderson. The 49er game? Brees had forever to throw. Same with the Jax game. Faine comes in... looks just like the first four weeks.

I honestly saw that loss coming a mile away. I just didn't have a good feeling about that game... even if we win the next four or however many I can't get excited about this team. We're just not a playoff team at this point.
                          Last edited by Flyboy; 11-14-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            Until we're able to get a new center, Goodwin would be my choice. Against one of the best defensive lines in football (Jax), the guy held his own against Stroud & Henderson. The 49er game? Brees had forever to throw. Same with the Jax game. Faine comes in... looks just like the first four weeks.

I honestly saw that loss coming a mile away. I just did have a good feeling about that game... even if we win the next four or however many I can't get excited about this team. We're just not a playoff team at this point.
                            That's true about Brees having all day to throw against both Jax and SF. I just don't understand this team. We have a decent amount of talent but can't seem to get it together enough to be consistent.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I missed the fact that Faine returned to the line-up this past Sunday. Maybe the injury was lingering too much, then. Still, one would think the veteran center might do a better job of line calls, but the Rams really did an amazing job I thought of disguising looks and bringing pressure. Credit to Haslett and the Rams for using 2 weeks to maximum effect, they knew their only chance of outscoring the Saints in New Orleans was trying to deliver strong pressure on Brees. I'd just tip my hat to a very motivated and rested Rams team, having two weeks to think about a 0-7 record and desperately wanting to get their first win, and move on.

I like the Saints to bounce back this week, at Houston. Not having a Top 10 corner in Dunta Robinson hurts the Texans defense badly, the rest of the secondary at best isn't anything special. I'mn sure Reggie Bush will have an added bit of motivation himself.
                              Last edited by Geo; 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I missed the fact that Faine returned to the line-up this past Sunday. Maybe the injury was lingering too much, then.
                                Faine really hasn't looked that good this season at all whether he's been healthy or not. When Goodwin has played, our offensive line looked amazing. I doubt a change occurs but it's definitely worth mentioning.

I like the Saints to bounce back this week, at Houston. Not having a Top 10 corner in Dunta Robinson hurts the Texans defense badly, the rest of the secondary isn't anything special at best. I'mn sure Reggie Bush will have an added bit of motivation himself.
                                I do believe Andre Johnson will be back this game, though and that worries me. At the beginning of the season, I said that Bush would get 5 TDs against HOU. It was a hyperbole for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had one of his best games as a pro this Sunday. It does suck that he's really dinged & nicked up, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information