Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints have got to do something. They look terrible. We have got to get Lance Briggs and Josh Brown in FA.

We need to concentrate on defense cuz our current one sucks.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Dropped to 4-6 now. Mathematically we're still in it but after the way we've lost the past 2 games I just don't have any confidence in this team to do much the rest of the way.

I think the main focus this off-season has to spent almost exclusively on Defense, and finding a consistent ground game.

Comment

• First off, Jamaal Brown and Charles Grant fully practiced on Wednesday. That's good news for the Saints.

The Saints can definitely still make the playoffs as the wild card. I still think that, they can and will imo. The New York Giants have the first wild card spot, and there are four teams currently in the running for the second and final wild card spot in the NFC: Arizona, Detroit, New Orleans, and Washington.

Arizona (5-5)
        Sun 11/25 San Francisco
        Sun 12/2 Cleveland
        Sun 12/9 at Seattle
        Sun 12/16 at New Orleans
        Sun 12/23 Atlanta
        Sun 12/30 St. Louis
        Verdict: Arizona looks like the most viable candidate to battle New Orleans for the second and final wild card spot, they have an offense and a defense that can play. They can win every game on this schedule, but really just as likely lose four of six. Cleveland and New Orleans will be shootouts, and division games against Seattle and St. Louis will be just as embattled given the familiarity. It's Arizona, so you can't help but want to wait and see.

Detroit (6-4)
        Thu 11/22 Green Bay
        Sun 12/2 at Minnesota
        Sun 12/9 Dallas
        Sun 12/16 at San Diego
        Sun 12/23 Kansas City
        Sun 12/30 at Green Bay
        Verdict: I don't think the Lions aren't making it, much to the disappointment of the team and the fans after finally experiencing some serious excitement and hope past September. If they can win today against the Packers, maybe that can instill a resolve to make it, but I like the visiting Packers to give the Lions their third-straight loss.

New Orleans (4-6)
        Sun 11/25 at Carolina
        Sun 12/2 Tampa Bay
        Mon 12/10 at Atlanta
        Sun 12/16 Arizona
        Sun 12/23 Philadelphia
        Sun 12/30 at Chicago
        Verdict: Three straight division games is though, but the Saints have a good chance to win in each game remaining and that bodes well for a potential playoff run. I've felt that way since the offseason, when I pointed out their schedule post-Jacksonville/Thanksgiving (when coaches place a strong emphasis on the season). Weren't the Philadelphia Eagles 5-6 after Week 11 last year? I believe so, and they finished the year 10-6 once they got hot on offense and defense.

Washington (5-5)
        Sun 11/25 at Tampa Bay
        Sun 12/2 Buffalo
        Thu 12/6 Chicago
        Sun 12/16 at NY Giants
        Sun 12/23 at Minnesota
        Sun 12/30 Dallas
        Verdict: That's a tough stretch, even the Minnesota game is in the Metrodome with potentially Adrian Peterson able to play. The Redskins could potentially lose all six games. So 8-8 or worse won't cut it. Shame, as I picked them before the season to make the playoffs as a wild card team, but the team lost games that they should have won and Joe Gibbs carries a good deal of the blame for that (both in terms of coaching and previous personnel decisions). But this team will be much stronger once Bill Cowher takes over next season, a serious contender in the NFC.

Let's see how it all works out.
        Last edited by Geo; 11-22-2007, 11:34 AM.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Nice analysis. I'd love to be optimistic about the Saints post-season chances.. but honestly until I see this team stop shooting themselves in the foot week after week by Turning the ball over, dropping passes, and giving up effortless big plays on Defense; I can't hope for too much.

Right now this team has major struggles productively Running the football, and Defending the pass. With Steve Smith playing.. I'm not feeling too great about our chances, he always finds a way to kill us. Unless we suddenly find a way to do just enough in the running game to take pressure off the passing game, and stop getting killed in the secondary I'm not too sure what to expect from this team...but the last 2 games have been bad...very bad.

Comment

• woot woot
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• So far so good.

Comment

• Didn't see the game but we won. Yay. Been away for awhile.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Thank you boys for the win, however, unlike the past couple of games the Saints this time showed up in the second half but failed to show up in the first half. We'd be dangerous if we could put together a complete game of football.

On a side note, Jason David didn't look that bad out there today.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• They showed some positive things today. Most important aspect was protecting the football, and finally taking full advantage of turnover opportunities. I think that was the most Turnovers we've forced Defensively in a while.

I'm not going to get too high off this victory though, Carolina was a reeling football team with many troubles of their own. HUGE game next week against the Division leading Bucs.. that will be the true test as to whether or not the Saints are serious about contending for a playoff spot this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      They showed some positive things today. Most important aspect was protecting the football, and finally taking full advantage of turnover opportunities. I think that was the most Turnovers we've forced Defensively in a while.

I'm not going to get too high off this victory though, Carolina was a reeling football team with many troubles of their own. HUGE game next week against the Division leading Bucs.. that will be the true test as to whether or not the Saints are serious about contending for a playoff spot this season.
                      Exactly. It was a good win and I'm glad for it but it was a game we should have won. Now, we gotta concentrate on Tampa Bay and get a W. I did see one thing I wanted out of the Saints and that is Pierre Thomas. We need to give him the ball more and take Aaron Stecker out of the game plan. I think PT can be the guy who gets those tough yards in between the tackles. Stecker just doesn't impress me with his running.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I'm ussually in Payton's favor but that was an awful play call in that situation, I guess that's just the way this season goes but boy did we blow that one.

Comment

• Someone kill me. Please.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• That was an awful play call. After giving Reggie Bush a year to develop I have not seen any development. I am [] this close to calling him a bust.

We need so much help on our defense. I just can't say it enough.

I am also not happy with Sean Payton with that call for a double reverse. That is a call left for when we have a defense on their heels not when we are trying to run out the clock.

I am just not happy about being a Saints fan. We should just lose out to get a better draft pick.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Oh saints..you never change.

Comment

• Payton wishes he could have that back.. said he wouldnt have called it (obviously). But.. on the other hand.. its a play they've practiced and players get paid to execute.. they didnt do that. Even aside from that play.. the Saints looked horrible. The D showed up on a few plays.. but not enough. The O.. was disappointing as well.

For those interested.. here's Coach Paytons press conference

http://www.zshare.net/audio/53499190dfd6b8

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information