This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BiggerFoot View Post
    I would rather have Ken Hamlin over Kevin Kaesviharn because from what I hear Hamlin is excellent with run support which is what the Saints need help with the most. Although Kaesviharn had 6 interceptions last year I just think that Hamlin would be the type of player that could give our defense some pop to it. Where teams would dread playing against us, we need a little mean streak
    No, I entirely agree. Between Kaesviharn and Hamlin, I would prefer Hamlin, since he seems to be the hard-hitter and better on run support. But, who knows?

When the Saints drafted Harper, I wasn't a fan of the selection, but he seemed promising even though he only played in 5 games. I just hope his injuries aren't too serious.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Brandon Stokely in town?

I saw an article in the paper today about Mr. Brandon Stokely in town to visit. I know the Colts cut him, but could he be a solid #2 or #3 guy in our formation? He was a 1,000 yard receiver a few years ago, and has been injury-plagued...

Comment

• I think Stokley is a great wr, props to you guys if you actually land him.

Comment

• In our offense, if healthy, Stokely can do close to what he did for the Colts. Granted our #1 and #2 WRs aren't Harrison and Wayne, but the point still stands.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Where are these Injury prone reports coming from? He was hurt for 1 year and that was last year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
              Where are these Injury prone reports coming from? He was hurt for 1 year and that was last year!
              Had a foot injury in '03 and got hurt twice last year, a nagging ankle injury and then the ruptured achilles. I don't think you'll ever get the '05 Brandon, since he was simply a product of Peyton's amazing season that year, but with guys like Brees, Colston and Henderson, I think he can be a 30-40 catch per year guy from the slot.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoopid512 View Post
                I saw an article in the paper today about Mr. Brandon Stokely in town to visit. I know the Colts cut him, but could he be a solid #2 or #3 guy in our formation? He was a 1,000 yard receiver a few years ago, and has been injury-plagued...
                Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                Had a foot injury in '03 and got hurt twice last year, a nagging ankle injury and then the ruptured achilles. I don't think you'll ever get the '05 Brandon, since he was simply a product of Peyton's amazing season that year, but with guys like Brees, Colston and Henderson, I think he can be a 30-40 catch per year guy from the slot.
                Personally, I'm not particularly sold on Brandon Stokely. Not only am I concerned with his injury concerns, I don't know what this would mean for our wide receiver corps. I think everyone will agree that Marques Colston is our number one, but our number two is still up in the air, in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of Devery Henderson as a number two and I don't think that Brandon Stokely would be a number two either. I think that if we sign someone like Stokely, then it possibly takes us out the running for some of the big name prospects in the Draft. If we sign Stokely, it pushes everyone down on the depth chart, and I don't know if we really need him.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• It does make a lot of sense. I don't either like the thought of having two #3 guys (in Stokely and Henderson) competing for the #2 spot. I would rather see us bringing in a clear #2 guy to start opposite Colston eiter via the Draft or in FA.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Cardinals | Team signs Hood
                    Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:21:27 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals have signed free-agent CB Roderick Hood (Eagles) to a five-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

What now?

Comment

• According to PFT, the Saints brought in CB Frank Walker from the Giants for a visit. I really don't know anything about him. He's 25 years old and a 4 year vet, and from looking at his stats it appears he had a solid rookie year and then fell off the map.
                      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                        According to PFT, the Saints brought in CB Frank Walker from the Giants for a visit. I really don't know anything about him. He's 25 years old and a 4 year vet, and from looking at his stats it appears he had a solid rookie year and then fell off the map.
                        From reading about him it seems like he could be productive in the right system. He has played for the Giants his whole career and I know that their organization does not seem to be able to develop talent all that well. I like his size and his skill set so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as either a nickel or dime back but he would definitely he would have to show he can play in training camp.

I am also really perturbed that we have not been able to address our seconday so far in free agency. The secondary, as everyone knows, was our weakest position last year and we have sat on our haunces and not done anything. We've missed out on Rod Hood, William James, and others and while we wait and presumably lowball the people we're bringing, they are ending up signing with other teams and leaving us high and dry.

I think that we should also address DT more in FA by signing someone like Ian Scott, Alfonso Boone, Robaire Smith, or Anthony Adams. We haven't yet and by signing someone young like Scott or Adams it would knock off a draft need.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

• The Dolphins are discussing an Olindo Mare trade with the Browns, Saints, Giants, and Falcons, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
                          Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front

Saints re-signed CB DeJuan Groce to a one-year contract.
                          Source: Rotoworld.com

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• From ESPN's Bottom Line:

The Green Bay Packers have signed cornerback Frank Walker.

Now what?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• New Orleans Saints Agree To Terms With S Kevin Kaesviharn To Four-year Contract

I wanted Ken Hamlin, nice signing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
                                New Orleans Saints Agree To Terms With S Kevin Kaesviharn To Four-year Contract

I wanted Ken Hamlin, nice signing though.
                                Here's a link to it on NewOrleansSaints.com:

Saints sign UFA S Kevin Kaesviharn

Personally, I would have liked Ken Hamlin better as well, but maybe he wanted more than the tight-wad front office was willing to spend.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information