Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you dome patrol, the middle rounds you might be able to steal a very good TE in this draft especially looking at some of the small school guys.

I think Campbell will stay around for his blocking ability and I don't see Conwell making the team next year. Two year he has been struggling to stay healthy, and his hands I think have been a question mark since he got here and Payton needs a TE who is going to catch the ball since Brees loving throwing to the TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
      Well, now, it seems that with Billy Miller re-signed to an extenstion, we can look to the middle rounds of the Draft to get another tight end especially since we don't know if Mark Campbell will be healthy and I think that Ernie Conwell's days in New Orleans are running low.

Just my opinion...
      Originally posted by Auron View Post
      Ernie Conwell was just cut per. John Clayton. Even though we already re-signed Billy Miller I think this opens up a need for a starting TE.

Saints | Conwell released
      Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:00:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have released TE Ernie Conwell.

I'm going to work on my big board, for possible picks at #27.
      Wow! Can I call them or can I call them? :)
      Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol; 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Saints a finalist for Dre' Bly.....

right now on NFL Network, Adam Shefter has reported...that the saints are 1 of 3 teams vying for Bly's services....

the trade should come down in the next 24-48 hours.

boy oh boy, i hope we can get him.

Comment

Sounds interesting... I wonder what the final offers are going to be for him.

Did he mention who the other 2 teams were..? I'm presuming Denver was one of them as they were rumored to be interested before.

Comment

Denver and the Redskins...

Comment

good news on both events...

i wanted Miller back for depth, and he provided a spark near the end of the season... and in the post-season....

Conwell, is a nice guy but he has always been hurt.

Comment

I would not mind getting Olsen if there is no real value for a defensive pick

Comment

I would do it for a 4th rounder we got from KC.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    I would do it for a 4th rounder we got from KC.
                    I'd go so far as to send two out of our three fourth rounders to Detroit. Bly would be a nice addition.
                    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I wouldn't send two -- just one.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I don't know what the big deal is about Bly. His skills have been diminishing and he's not a shutdown corner.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Personally, I'd rather not get Dre Bly... maybe I'm one of the few, but I think that we'd be better suited either a.) getting a young free agent or b.) drafting a cornerback come April.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
                            Personally, I'd rather not get Dre Bly... maybe I'm one of the few, but I think that we'd be better suited either a.) getting a young free agent or b.) drafting a cornerback come April.
                            I don't think it would be too bad depending on what's given up to get him. Trade a 4th for him and still maybe even draft a CB in the first round. Then, our corners would be McKenzie/Bly/(rookie of maybe Houston/Revis/Ross for Nickel). I think that would be pretty damn ideal.

Comment

The times picayune wrote, "The Lions reportedly are seeking something in the range of a third-round draft pick, plus a player." I think that would be too much to give up for an CB at his age, but he was a great man to man corner and that is what the Saints are looking for. I like the idea of going after Fred Smoot if he gets released from the Vikings today like many websites are reporting.

Comment

If that's what they are requesting.. pfft. No deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information