Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions and Broncos made a trade today. Dre Bly for Tatum Bell & George Foster. We are no longer in the hunt.

Now, maybe whenever a player whose name people recognizes shows up either in FA or is rumored to be seeking a trade, people might seem a little more realistic when it comes wanting them to go to N.O. I've seen it over and over, let's throw tons of dollars at someone to come down to N.O. no matter if he fits our scheme or not.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

I don't think everyone instantly attributes someone that wants a trade coming here. But, it was obvious that we were in the hunt for his services. Much like we were with Javon Walker last year.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Saints release Joe Horn

As per NewOrleansSaints.com:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3339

Can't say it surprises me though, hopefully, we can re-sign him for less money.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Nor me i seen this one coming.

Any idea what we save on the cap?

Comment

Not surprising. I actually think we won't bring him back for less money either.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

The writing was on the wall, in my opinion. I don't think he'll come back either... good luck to you Joe!
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

That was one of the cuts I expected, when does the other shoe drop on Fred Thomas, I mean come on, is there even a reason for him to take up a roster spot?

Joe was scheduled to make 5 million next year with a 1 million bonus set to come in soon and now makes WR somewhat of a need, but I think you can address that need in the draft as from what I read the FA wr group is weak.

Comment

Well like you guys said, every Saints fan knew this day would come eventually. Joe is one of my emotional favorites, but his production was declining at his age. It wasn't his fault he got injured..but missing 6 regular season games and not being able to be healthy enough for the playoffs was really disappointing.

this will probably clear up some cap room. There is also a slight chance Joe is back with the Saints. (similar to Isaac Bruce being cut last year and re-signing with the Rams) he may find out his market value isn't as high as he thinks it is.

Comment

The saints have been my second favortie team for a while and I always loved Joe Horn. This makes me sad and I hope he comes back.
                    Go Dodgers, Browns, and Saints.
                    Dodgers will miss Eric Gagne. We should have taken the risk

Comment

Falcons interested in former Saints WR Horn

The Atlanta Falcons might be on the path to bolstering their maligned wide receiver unit and a void in veteran leadership on offense by acquiring free agent wide receiver Joe Horn, who was released by the New Orleans Saints earlier this week.

The Falcons and Horn's agent, Ralph Vitolo, entered into discussions just after the free-agency period started at 12:01 a.m. Friday, according to Vitolo. While contract talks have not been broached, the sides are trying to set up a visit for Horn so he can meet with the new coach Bobby Petrino and his staff, Vitolo said.
                      Source: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=21

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbadbob72 View Post
                        The saints have been my second favortie team for a while and I always loved Joe Horn. This makes me sad and I hope he comes back.
                        Well after Joe's recent comments, I'm almost sure he won't be back now..

HORN BLOWS UP AT SAINTS

Receiver Joe Horn is pissed off at his former team. So, although the Saints have seemingly left the door open to his potential return, it looks like it will be difficult if not impossible to get these two back together.

"Right now it's going around that [the Saints] wanted to restructure my contract and I asked to be released, but this has nothing to do with money," Horn told the Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer. "I wanted to retire as a Saint. I've been through hell and back for that city and that organization. If I wanted out of New Orleans that bad, I would have just kept my mouth shut and let them move the team to San Antonio.

“I just don’t think [head coach] Sean Payton wanted me back. I asked to be released because I felt betrayed by a head coach who wanted to prove he could win without Joe Horn.”

Horn cites the refusal of Payton to use Horn after he had recovered from an injury as the catalyst for the divorce.
                        wow...Joe really should've just taken the high road and left with class, instead of going off on this media tirade.
                        Last edited by Auron; 03-02-2007, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Doesn't sound like he is coming back any time soon...

Comment

Saints Free Agent Thread

The Saints are scheduled to host free agents CB Ken Hamlin and LB Brian Simmons on Saturday.
                            Source: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Comment

Saints Re-Signings/Releases

Saints re-signed T Jon Stinchcomb to a two-year, $7 million contract.

The deal will pay him $5 million in 2007. The formerly injury-prone right tackle held up well last year, his fourth in the league. Still young, the 27-year-old Stinchcomb will have another shot at free agency in 2009. The Saints should now turn their efforts to adding quality cornerbacks.
                              Source: Rotoworld.com

Comment

Here's the ESPN.com stub:

Stinchcomb agrees to two-year, $7M deal with Saints

I'm really happy that the Saints re-signed Stinchcomb. I'll be honest, before the beginning of last season, I didn't know if he'd be able to come in and start in the NFL. But, he proved me wrong and I really thought he stepped it up big time last season. :)

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information