Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good signing, I'm glad we're focussed on keeping our core players.

This will ensure continuity along the O-line. Also we have some good depth, Strief in case we need someone to fill in.
    Last edited by Auron; 03-03-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I agree. It's a good signing for us.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I know some Saints fans are big fans of offensive tackle Zach Strief, but I don't think he's ready just yet.

However, with the way his deal is set up, it works out for both sides, in my opinion. Stinchcomb gets a two year deal, makes his money, and then he becomes a free agent at the age of 29, with six years of experience, and hopefully by then, either Strief can step up and become the starter or we would have drafted a tackle to come in and take over.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

As I said earlier, I don't know if I'm totally sold on Brian Simmons, since he has some injury concerns (but doesn't everyone) and he's not exactly a Spring chicken.

But as for Ken Hamlin, I think he'd definitely be an upgrade and we could use someone like him in our secondary. He's a cornerback/safety and a hard hitter, which something that we don't particularly have. I know that he himself has also had injury concerns but I think he's fully recovered.

We'll have to see, now with linebacker London Baker-Fletcher signing with Washington, our target list just got smaller.

Who else would you like to see us target in free agency?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

I wonder why we're bringing in a FS. Are we giving up on Bullocks?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

I like the re-signing of Stinch. I think him and Strief are going to compete over the starting job in camp and if no matter who wins, it means we will have good depth.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I'm not big on Simmons. Declining numbers with increasing age. Only 38 tackles and zero sacks last year. I'd pass on him.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  With Hamlin, Grant, and Kaesviharn coming in for visits. I think that means the coaching is staff is either.. just about done with Bullocks, or Harper's knee isn't progressing as well as hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Ken Hamlin is a strong safety, so possibly (and I hope not), Roman Harper may not be completely healed up from his injury last season.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395977

Hamlin is listed as a FS. It is possible that he could play both positions. Plus he's only 26.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Saints Free Agent Thread

In addition to free agent safety Ken Hamlin, former 49ers defensive tackle Anthony Adams is scheduled to visit the Saints on Sunday
                        Source: Rotoworld.com

Comment

Saints Free Agency Thread

First outside FA signing according to NFL Network Adam Schefter reported that the Saints and Bengals LB Brian Simmons are expected to agree to terms on Monday, March 5th.

waiting to find out what comes of this, maybe we'll add Hamlin, Kaesviharn, or Grant as well.
                          Last edited by Auron; 03-04-2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I think that'd be a very nice signing as it would provide an upgrade at MLB over Mark Simoneau. I still think it is possible that we might go after Donnie Edwards as well since Brian Simmons can play OLB.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I would love to see us upgrading the positions at need in FA so that we can go after the BPA in the Draft :)

Brian Simmons and Ken Hamlin would be good signings.

Comment

I like the idea of bring Hamlin in his age and experience is a plus, but don't like Simmons coming in. If you are going to bring in a MLB in his 30's you might as well bring in Edwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information