Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would rather get rid of bullicks (cant spell) than Harper..

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

• I agree. I just dont like the fact that the Saints love to go after injured or fresh off an injury players.

It worked with Brees but I dont think we will be that lucky everytime....We still have to see what Vilma can do.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Well if we grab a bunch of star players players with injury concerns, and we hit on 50% of them, that would be nice :D

I wouldn't give up that much for an injury prone TE though.

Kenny Phillips has fallen off a lot, there's no way we pick him that high.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Bengals draft buzz: 1st round OT a must

If that comes through it's great news for us. It means that either Dorsey, Ellis or Rivers likely falls one spot and right into our laps :)

I agree with what Scott has said about our CB situation. We have a lot of money invested in the guys we have right now, so I can't see us taking a CB in the 1st. There are exceptions though. We need to go defense, and if Dorsey, Ellis and Rivers are all gone I'd gone with the best CB, but who knows what the front office are thinking. RB is even rumored to be an option, but that obviously depends on what happens with Deuce. I just hope we don't take a WR or TE.
          Last edited by Sveen; 03-28-2008, 03:39 AM.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• If Dorsey and Ellis are gone, I've got a feeling we'll try to trade back. Its such a deep cornerback draft that its worth it to fall back a bit and go BPA later in the 1st, whether its a corner, linebacker or something else.

Comment

• If ellis and dorsey are gone. I also would love to drop down and get a later 1st round pick this year and another first next year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Having two first round picks next year would be nice :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                  Having two first round picks next year would be nice :)
                  Yea that would be great. I think McKelvin is the only CB worth taking at #10 IMO.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• I have a feeling we'll snag Rivers at 10 if Dorsey & Ellis are both gone. Or a OT.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Taking a tackle wouldn't be all that bad actually, but obviously defense should be the priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                        Taking a tackle wouldn't be all that bad actually, but obviously defense should be the priority.
                        I'm not saying defense isn't a priority but just that our FO has shown it has no problems going BPA and if Dorsey & Ellis are gone, don't be surprised if we pick an offensive player.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          I'm not saying defense isn't a priority but just that our FO has shown it has no problems going BPA and if Dorsey & Ellis are gone, don't be surprised if we pick an offensive player.
                          I'm kind of expecting us to go after an offensive player. Someone like Ryan Clady, Mendenhall, or DeSean Jackson.

I would prefer Rivers or McKelvin if both Dorsey and Ellis are off the board.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            I'm kind of expecting us to go after an offensive player. Someone like Ryan Clady, Mendenhall, or DeSean Jackson.

I would prefer Rivers or McKelvin if both Dorsey and Ellis are off the board.
                            I agree and I would not mind Clady. But If McKelvin is there we need to take him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Per PFT

New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith is sitting out the team’s voluntary off-season workouts to show his displeasure with the status of negotiations on a contract extension, but Saints coach Sean Payton says there are no hard feelings, and he’s optimistic that Smith and the team can work out a deal.

“He’s one of the guys who has become a leader in that locker room,” Payton tells Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune. “I think for him it’s wanting to get a new deal and hey, all parties want that. It’s just a matter of sorting through and arriving at the right number.”

Smith is entering the final season of the five-year deal he signed as the Saints’ first-round pick in 2004. He is scheduled to earn a little over $1 million. The Saints’ other starting defensive end, Charles Grant, signed a seven-year contract with $20 million in guarantees last year. Grant has 21.5 sacks in the last four years; Smith has 33.5.

Payton said Smith was the only Saints player who skipped the first two weeks of off-season workouts.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• I still dont think we will sign him untill after the draft.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information