• Saints' top draft pick comes to terms

Saints' top draft pick comes to terms

Comment

• Thanks for the update!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• It looks like he has put on some weight since the combine.
        I'm sure it will melt right off once they feed him training camp food though, LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Great News for saints fans, I expect him to be starting come week one

Comment

• I'll be rooting you on big sed.

Comment

• Saints | Thomas getting a serious look in the offense
              Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:56:03 -0700

The Associated Press reports New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas said he doesn't care how many snaps he sees on a weekly basis in 2008. He just wants to help the team any way he can. "If I get in, get some snaps, I'll be fine with like, three snaps," Thomas said. He also loves to play on special teams and head coach Sean Payton agreed. Payton, however, hesitated, which may indicate he could foresee some situations where Thomas is seeing too many carries to also cover kicks. Payton said Thomas is competing for "a lot of touches and he's doing well." He noted the team has confidence in Thomas and said they are going to give him a "serious look."

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                Saints | Thomas getting a serious look in the offense
                Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:56:03 -0700

The Associated Press reports New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas said he doesn't care how many snaps he sees on a weekly basis in 2008. He just wants to help the team any way he can. "If I get in, get some snaps, I'll be fine with like, three snaps," Thomas said. He also loves to play on special teams and head coach Sean Payton agreed. Payton, however, hesitated, which may indicate he could foresee some situations where Thomas is seeing too many carries to also cover kicks. Payton said Thomas is competing for "a lot of touches and he's doing well." He noted the team has confidence in Thomas and said they are going to give him a "serious look."
                Hells yeah. I wouldn't have any problem with that at all.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Michael View Post
                  Sup guys. New to the forums.
                  Welcome. Always good to have a new Saints' fan around.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Bears | Source: R. Manning granted release
                    Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:19:15 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have granted CB Ricky Manning Jr. his release, according to a source close to Manning.

Should we sign him? I think we should definitely sign him.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Should we? Hell yea. Will we? Probably not but lets hope so.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• A few moves by the Saints:

Saints released CB Jason Craft.

Craft's role had diminished with the offseason additions of Randall ***, Tracy Porter, and Aaron Glenn. His departure could be temporary as the team has been shuffling the roster early in the season.
                        Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Saints | Miller re-signed
                        Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:37:25 -0700

NFL.com reports the New Orleans Saints have re-signed free-agent TE Billy Miller. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• 2009 FA signings I'd like to see be made:

CB Jabari Greer
                          - I'd love to see us go after a big name, shut down corner like Asomaghu or Chris Gamble but I don't see the club throwing the type of money at them that those players are going to demand.

Greer is the only player I'd like to see signed immediately as I think he'd be an upgrade over Randall "Cool", Jason David, and Co.

The other positions are up in the air. We could sign Jordan Gross (LT, Carolina) but he'd come at a price, however, I am willing to play him since he could start at LT immediately and we could move Jammal Brown back to RT.

Another player is Bart Scott. Although he's played most of his career in a 3-4, he would be an immediate upgrade at OLB over Scott Shanle. I am leaning more towards Aaron Curry in the draft, though, than signing Scott.

There is also FS Jarrod Page. He's a young, developing player who has developed fast enough. He'd represent another upgrade although I'd like to see us try to land one of the top safeties of this class. Good news for this draft is that safety is deep but I don't know if it's deep enough to get one in the 3rd round, which is where we'd be picking one up if we don't get one in the first.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Saints cut Weatherford after poor outing

The Saints evidently were so diasppointed in punter Steve Weatherford's poor outing Sunday against Carolina - 35.4 yards (gross) and 30.2 (net) - that he was cut after the game.

That means the Saints will have to sign a punter this week while they're in London.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Im sure there are plenty of guys who can kick a ball over there LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• After reviewing the FA list coming up, here is my wish list:

1. Karlos Dansby - OLB
                                2. Corey Webster - CB
                                3. Shaun Cody - DT
                                Last edited by diabsoule; 11-17-2008, 04:25 AM.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information