Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Simmons is an upgrade over Simoneau, I think that is more of a lateral move. I really want to see them bring in Hamlin.

Comment

Chris Draft and William James (formerly Will Peterson)

Source: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...028/SPORTS0202

"Safety Deon Grant and linebacker Chris Draft were the latest to be brought to New Orleans by the Saints, who also hosted linebacker Brian Simmons on Saturday and safety Ken Hamlin on Sunday.

Meanwhile, cornerback William James is due in on Tuesday, said his agent, Ron Slavin, who also negotiated lineman Hollis Thomas’ new four-year contract with the Saints."

I'm intrigued by James. He was a very solid corner for the Giants when he was healthy. Problem is, obviously, the health concerns. If we could sign him cheap, or to a contract that is heavily backloaded, I'd be all for bringing him in and giving him a shot. Will James in a wheelchair is a better option than Fred Thomas.

As for Draft, he's flying way under my radar. Didn't know all that much about him except that he's been in the NFC South forever, but take a look at his stats from last year: 109 tackles, 6 sacks, and 8 (8!) fumble recoveries. I always say stats aren't everything, but he seems like a guy who could possibly help improve our D.

Whaddaya think?
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Saints | Kaesviharn visits team
        Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:03:03 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free agent S Kevin Kaesviharn (Bengals) met with the New Orleans Saints Saturday, March 3, according to theredzone.org.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Apparently former 49ers Tight End, Eric Johnson is scheduled for a visit on Tuesday. Interesting, he's had injury problems in the past but he's a reliable pass catcher when healthy.

The New Orleans Saints will host S Kevin Kaesviharn and TE Eric Johnson on Monday and Tuesday, the team announced this afternoon.
          http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.as...52007ayt1302yt

- Also the latest rumor going around SaintsReport, is that Brian Simmons who we supposedly were going to agree to terms with, left town without a contract offer. It's unconfirmed so I would take it with a grain of salt.
          Last edited by Auron; 03-05-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I like Hamlin and that he brings experience to the team, but I think that Bullocks and Roman Harper could be a tandom together if given the chance. Simmons would totally help us though at MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by vickblowsGoSaints View Post
              I like Hamlin and that he brings experience to the team, but I think that Bullocks and Roman Harper could be a tandom together if given the chance. Simmons would totally help us though at MLB.
              Hey dude, welcome to the forum... and I love the name, by the way... :)

I agree that Ken Hamlin would be a great addition for this team, but what I wonder is if either Roman Harper hasn't fully recovered from his injuries or the Saints have given up on Josh Bullocks. Personally, I didn't like the pick of Bullocks or Harper to be honest, but both have been solid, even thought Harper really hasn't had the chance to shine yet.

As for the other free agents that have been brought in, I would not mind if the Saints got someone like TE Eric Johnson. We could use a solid pass-catching tight end, and I think that Johnson would be an upgrade in that department.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Originally posted by reznola View Post
                I don't think Simmons is an upgrade over Simoneau, I think that is more of a lateral move. I really want to see them bring in Hamlin.
                I agree with you, but I did hear something on the local news that caught my attention.

According to the sports anchor, he's got great leadership and locker room presence, so that's good. :)

We'll have to see what happens, since no official source has anything reported.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                  Source: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...028/SPORTS0202

"Safety Deon Grant and linebacker Chris Draft were the latest to be brought to New Orleans by the Saints, who also hosted linebacker Brian Simmons on Saturday and safety Ken Hamlin on Sunday.

Meanwhile, cornerback William James is due in on Tuesday, said his agent, Ron Slavin, who also negotiated lineman Hollis Thomas’ new four-year contract with the Saints."

I'm intrigued by James. He was a very solid corner for the Giants when he was healthy. Problem is, obviously, the health concerns. If we could sign him cheap, or to a contract that is heavily backloaded, I'd be all for bringing him in and giving him a shot. Will James in a wheelchair is a better option than Fred Thomas.

As for Draft, he's flying way under my radar. Didn't know all that much about him except that he's been in the NFC South forever, but take a look at his stats from last year: 109 tackles, 6 sacks, and 8 (8!) fumble recoveries. I always say stats aren't everything, but he seems like a guy who could possibly help improve our D.

Whaddaya think?

William Petersen? You mean Gil Grissom would be one of our starting cornerbacks?

Well, even HE would be an upgrade over Fred Thomas! :(

Anyway, back to the topic.

I agree that William James would, if healthy, be a solid improvement over either Fred Thomas or Jason Craft. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints or someone else takes a flier on him, since like you said, he can be a solid player (when healthy) and for us, he'd be an upgrade for our weak secondary.

With Chris Draft, I don't know if he's much of necessity, especially if the Saints did indeed sign Brian Simmons. But I do agree that his stats, if nothing else, are impressive.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

I agree getting a good tight end would be a clutch move. I thought Boo Williams was going to work out untill he got injured and never came back. Someone like Johnson or Daniel Graham would give our offense another solid weapon.

Bullocks is a player who just needs to find consistantcy. He has showed good along with bad. Good thing about Bullocks though is he can play Free and strong safety if we we brought in Hamlin. Our defense is a free agent and a good draft pick away I think. Only other thing, I hope we look at travis Fisher. He's legit

Comment

It's a shame Joe is gone, but Colston and Henderson together could be deadly. Horn was getting old and it is clear that Payton is clearing out a lot of the old team, veterans included, and trying to start fresh. Deuce is still a good leader and it's obvious Reggie can bring some of that to the table as well. As long as Horn doesnt end up being a filthy Falcon

Comment

Originally posted by vickblowsGoSaints View Post
                        I agree getting a good tight end would be a clutch move. I thought Boo Williams was going to work out untill he got injured and never came back. Someone like Johnson or Daniel Graham would give our offense another solid weapon.

Bullocks is a player who just needs to find consistantcy. He has showed good along with bad. Good thing about Bullocks though is he can play Free and strong safety if we we brought in Hamlin. Our defense is a free agent and a good draft pick away I think. Only other thing, I hope we look at travis Fisher. He's legit
                        I think it all depends which S is better in run support and which one is better in coverage. Right now I would say that Hamlin is better in coverage so I would play him at FS and move Bullocks to SS. This is all dependent on if we sign Hamlin, if not then we are just farting into the wind.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          I think it all depends which S is better in run support and which one is better in coverage. Right now I would say that Hamlin is better in coverage so I would play him at FS and move Bullocks to SS. This is all dependent on if we sign Hamlin, if not then we are just farting into the wind.
                          Although one thing I really like about Hamlin is that he's a hard hitter, which is something that the Saints lack. I think that if we would be able to sign him, he could step in and start if Roman Harper isn't 100 percent and would be a definite improvement over Omar Stoutmire or Jay Bellamy.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

I believe we have re-signed Terrance Copper to a one year deal.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I'm guessing it'll be announced soon, but Brian Simmons on the Saints have officially come to terms on a 3 year deal.

Nola.com

The Saints made their first free-agent acquisition of the offseason when veteran linebacker Brian Simmons agreed to a three-year contract with the Saints, his agent Jerrold Colton said late Monday night.

Not a blockbuster move or anything, but I think it'll be a solid upgrade. Simmons brings another hardworking, veteran presence who can be a leader on Defense.

Comment

Meet your newest Saint, Brian Simmons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Three year deal, should be a good signing if he stays healthy.
                                Last edited by diabsoule; 03-06-2007, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information