X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoopid512 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Three year deal, should be a good signing if he stays healthy.
    Welcome to NFLDC, Stoopid512!

It's always great to have another Saints fan on here! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Welcome to the site, Stoopid512!

Thanks for the information about the Brian Simmons signing.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Stoopid512.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

As per ESPN.com and NewOrleansSaints.com:

Brian Simmons is now officially a New Orleans Saint.

Saints add to defense, agree with LB Simmons
          Saints agree to Terms with LB Brian Simmons

So now, that it's a done deal, what do you think of the signing and who would you go after if you were the Saints' front office?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Even with the Simmons signing (which I'm warming up to), I still believe that we should still target another linebacker, whether it be in free agency or the Draft.

I know that the Draft is full of linebackers that could if nothing else provide depth, but we'll have to see what the Saints do now.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
              As per ESPN.com and NewOrleansSaints.com:

Brian Simmons is now officially a New Orleans Saint.

Saints add to defense, agree with LB Simmons
              Saints agree to Terms with LB Brian Simmons

So now, that it's a done deal, what do you think of the signing and who would you go after if you were the Saints' front office?
              I think Simmons was a solid signing.

The more I think about it, the guy out there who could have the biggest defensive impact for us is Ken Hamlin. The only thing is I really like both Bullocks and Harper. Can Hamlin play cornerback, and how good would he be at corner?

I'd also like for us to give William James (Peterson) a one year deal, just to see if he could return to form.
              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Here's a recap of all the Saints off-season moves. *Updated 4/22/07

Saints Off-Season

• Transactions
                • Re-signed (OLB) Scott Shanle. 4 yr/12 mil
                • Re-signed(DE) Charles Grant.
                • Re-signed (DT) Hollis Thomas. 4 yr/12 mil
                • Re-signed (TE) Billy Miller. 1 yr
                • Re-signed (OT) Jonathan Stinchcomb. 2 yr/7 mil
                • Tendered RFA's (WR) T. Copper & (DT) R. Leisle. 1 yr
                • Signed (LB) Brian Simmons (Bengals). 3 yr
                • Signed (TE) Eric Johnson (49ers). 1yr/2 mil
                • Signed (S) Kevin Kaesviharn (Bengals).
                • Re-signed (CB) Dejuan Groce.
                • Re-signed (WR) Terrance Copper.
                • Re-signed (S) Jay Bellamy.
                • Re-signed (DT) Rodney Leisle
                • Re-signed (DT) Antwan Lake.
                • Signed (WR) David Patten. (Redskins)
                • Signed (LB) Troy Evans. (Texans)
                • Signed (LB) Trev Faulk. (Rams)
                • Signed (CB) RFA, Jason David (Colts)

Trades
                • Acquired (K) Olindo Mare from Miami for a 6th round pick.

Releases & Departures
                • Released (TE) Ernie Conwell.
                • Released (WR) Joe Horn. (Falcons)
                • Released (K) John Carney.
                • Released (P) Mitch Berger
                • (S) Omar Stoutmire. (Redskins)
                • (LB) Danny Clark. (Texans)
                • (LB) Terrence Melton. (Panthers)
                • (CB) Curtis Deloatch. (Panthers)
                • (S) Bryan Scott. (Titans)
                • (OG) Montrae Holland (Broncos)

------
                So far I'm loving the way this off-season has been going. We're keeping the main core of the team together, to ensure continuity, and chemistry. While still trying to make upgrades at need positions without blowing the bank and overpaying for overpriced players which would put us in a bad cap situation down the line.

Now it's time to improve the CB situation, sign a solid Safety, add D-line depth, and maybe find a starting TE.
                Last edited by Auron; 05-02-2007, 11:21 PM.

Comment

New Orleans is set to host free agent K Mike Vanderjagt on Wednesday.
                  Source: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflin...ok_at_van.html

Kind of saw that one coming. Not so sure about signing him though. He could be great or he could be, well you know.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                    Kind of saw that one coming. Not so sure about signing him though. He could be great or he could be, well you know.
                    Please Payton no. :( Don't sign this guy.. I've watched him kick last season he was just plain awful. Sailing chip shot field goals wide and he can't even kick off... heck at this point Carney is better then him

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                      Source: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflin...ok_at_van.html

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      Please Payton no. :( Don't sign this guy.. I've watched him kick last season he was just plain awful. Sailing chip shot field goals wide and he can't even kick off... heck at this point Carney is better then him
                      Personally, I wouldn't take a chance on Vanderjagt. I know that he was a solid kicker for several years, but I don't know, there's something about him that I'm not entirely sold on. I would like to think that the Saints re-sign Billy Cundiff and then either bring back Connor Hughes or get a kicker late in the draft or signing an undrafted free agent to compete for the starting job.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• News, fresh from today!

Rumor: a guy on blackandgold.net, has reported that a SAFETY will be SIGNED tommorow and announced! this guy also reported that Vanderjagt will be visting us exactly on Tuesday...he reported this a WEEK BEFORE it happened...he seems legit.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Eric Johnson: His agent and Johnson himself, think he is a *perfect* fit with the Saints....encouraging that is!

link is here... http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunhera...s/16841654.htm
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shefter (NFL Network), has reported that Dre' Bly wants to be traded from Denver...and that the Saints are trying to ACQUIRE him AGAIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints67 View Post
                          Shefter (NFL Network), has reported that Dre' Bly wants to be traded from Denver...and that the Saints are trying to ACQUIRE him AGAIN!
                          I've heard this too. I heard we offered a 4th rounder for him, which would not be bad, but the reason he wants out of Denver is because Washington offered him a new contract. I don't think we would do the same.
                          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
                            Personally, I wouldn't take a chance on Vanderjagt. I know that he was a solid kicker for several years, but I don't know, there's something about him that I'm not entirely sold on. I would like to think that the Saints re-sign Billy Cundiff and then either bring back Connor Hughes or get a kicker late in the draft or signing an undrafted free agent to compete for the starting job.
                            Those are my feelings as well, Vanderjagt seemed to have lost all confidence last season..on his way toward being cut mid season to be replaced by Martin Gramatica.

I think a better option would be looking in the late rounds and at undrafted FA's to find a future kicker. Kickers like Robbie Gould went undrafted, Josh Brown was found in the 7th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                              Those are my feelings as well, Vanderjagt seemed to have lost all confidence last season..on his way toward being cut mid season to be replaced by Martin Gramatica.

I think a better option would be looking in the late rounds and at undrafted FA's to find a future kicker. Kickers like Robbie Gould went undrafted, Josh Brown was found in the 7th round.
                              I know that some mock drafts have us getting Colorado kicker Mason Crosby as early as the second or third round. I feel that this would be entirely too high for any kicker, especially since we still have needs at other positions that could be addressed. If he's available in the fourth round, then maybe I'd be okay with taking him, since we do have three fourth round selections, but not in day one.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• Welcome to the board Stoopid512 and thanks for the info :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information