Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a Q&A with Simmons up on Neworleanssaints.com: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3349

He comes off as a really good person, and a guy who could bring some leadership and focus to our defense.
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• just a quick question for all you guys...why are you guys looking at a safety in free agency when you guys has 2 young safetys in josh bullocks and roman harper? you have decent backups too with omar stoutmire and bryan scott, and special teamer steve gleason. just a question from an outside fan because second string LB Alfred Fincher is from my hometown and went to my high school and would really like to see him get a chance to play...he was supposed to start last year than simoneau took his spot after the trade which made me mad haha...

Comment

• Originally posted by mpt117 View Post
        just a quick question for all you guys...why are you guys looking at a safety in free agency when you guys has 2 young safetys in josh bullocks and roman harper? you have decent backups too with omar stoutmire and bryan scott, and special teamer steve gleason. just a question from an outside fan because second string LB Alfred Fincher is from my hometown and went to my high school and would really like to see him get a chance to play...he was supposed to start last year than simoneau took his spot after the trade which made me mad haha...
        To answer your questions.

- We are looking for a safety primarily because Payton is a coach that believes NO one simply gets handed the starting spot. (like Haslett did) Everyone has to earn their roster spot, which is why he's bringing in competition. Josh Bullocks has talent, but he really played poorly last season at times last season biting on playaction fakes, and abandoning his deep zone to jump shorter routes. Harper looked to be a stud, but he's coming off ACL surgery and might not be completely ready.

Also both of our back up safeties Bellamy, and Stoutmire are Free agents and probably won't be returning.

- Fincher was mostly buried on the depth chart this season, and contributed on special teams. I think the signing of Simmons hurts his chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
          To answer your questions.

- We are looking for a safety primarily because Payton is a coach that believes NO one simply gets handed the starting spot. (like Haslett did) Everyone has to earn their roster spot, which is why he's bringing in competition. Josh Bullocks has talent, but he really played poorly last season at times last season biting on playaction fakes, and abandoning his deep zone to jump shorter routes. Harper looked to be a stud, but he's coming off ACL surgery and might not be completely ready.

Also both of our back up safeties Bellamy, and Stoutmire are Free agents and probably won't be returning.

- Fincher was mostly buried on the depth chart this season, and contributed on special teams. I think the signing of Simmons hurts his chances.
          alright man thanks a lot for helpin me with me question

Comment

• Bullocks and Harper do look really, really good, but a little depth can't hurt. Dion Grant or Ken Hamlin would be pretty nice additions to any team.

I'd also love it if Eric Johnson ended up in New Orleans. This guy is incredibly underrated, but was a consistent threat in San Francisco for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
              Bullocks and Harper do look really, really good, but a little depth can't hurt. Dion Grant or Ken Hamlin would be pretty nice additions to any team.

I'd also love it if Eric Johnson ended up in New Orleans. This guy is incredibly underrated, but was a consistent threat in San Francisco for a while.
              I really agree, that Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin would be a solid upgrade in depth over someone like Omar Stoutmire and Bryan Scott. Also, someone like Eric Johnson could also provide depth as well and I believe that he has the ablility to be a quality backup.

Also, I wanted to welcome to TigerBait45 to NFLDC! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Saints | F. Thomas agrees to pay cut
                Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:26:10 -0800

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints CB Fred Thomas has agreed to take a pay cut for the 2007 season. Thomas was originally scheduled to make $3 million this season, but has agreed to make about $2.2 instead.

Doesn't seem to be that huge of a paycut.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Does any know if the Saints are close with eric johnson or ken hamlin?

Comment

• I would like to see us pick up kicker Justin Medlock (UCLA) in one of the later rounds :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Adam Schefter just said on NFLN that the Saints signed Eric Johnson TE.

Comment

• If the saints do bring in Hamlin it would mostly show that Roman Harper is not getting that much better after his injury. Bullocks came into the league a free safety but made the switch to strong when Harper was drafted. He had to move back after the injury. It's good to know Bullocks can play both sides for our team.

Saints are also hosting Roderick Hood right now, that would be an upgrade over Fred Thomas for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                          Adam Schefter just said on NFLN that the Saints signed Eric Johnson TE.
                          http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Yup.

The New Orleans Saints have signed free agent tight end Eric Johnson to a one-year contract worth about $2 million.
                          Adds another receiving threat for Brees in the offense, he can be a quality receiving threat if he's healthy.

Low risk, High reward. Really like this signing.
                          Last edited by Auron; 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vickblowsGoSaints View Post
                            If the saints do bring in Hamlin it would mostly show that Roman Harper is not getting that much better after his injury. Bullocks came into the league a free safety but made the switch to strong when Harper was drafted. He had to move back after the injury. It's good to know Bullocks can play both sides for our team.

Saints are also hosting Roderick Hood right now, that would be an upgrade over Fred Thomas for sure.
                            I thought Harper played strong safety, and Bullocks played free safety from the get-go. Are you sure about that?

And yes, Hood would be an upgrade over Thomas, but quite unfortunately it appears as if Fred will remain with the team.
                            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Michael Smith on ESPN, reports that both the Saints and 49ers are in talks with Seattle about acquiring Seattle WR, Darrell Jackson.

I would like that move, give up maybe a 3rd/4th rounder.

Comment

• Love the Eric Johnson signing

Saw a post about Eric Johnson signing, and I can't underscore how much I love that signing. It's the type of smart gamble winning organizations take. There's no certainty that Eric Johnson will be healthy, but when he was healthy, he was a solid intermediate target. Love the gamble, and makes sense from both sides (1 year deal to let him reestablish his value).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information