Saints Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
    cody and cam thomas are two of the best NTs in the entire draft. i doubt that they both ever make it past 40. if they do, i will gladly come back and admitt that im wrong but pass-rushers like huges and graham, NTs like cody,thomas, joseph, and williams, and linebackers like washington and weatherspoon don't often make it past the first round.

im done trying to convince saints regulars of cody's worth. he might even go before hughes because he had private workouts for the Chargers, Jets, and ravens. the dolphins even neeed a NT because of the age of jason furguson.

i honestly cant see how anyone who has watched them both play extensively would rank everson griffen or daryl washington as far and away better than either of them in terms of impact.

like i said, i know that the saints won't draft a TE in the first or second. it's just how i feel about those players. you do not have to agree with me. it could be the second coming of kellen winslow the III and saints fans still wouldn't want offense early in this draft.

gronkowkski just ran a 4.6 two days ago and worked out completely and looked good at his pro day. he was cleared medically by two doctors to play in january. the rumors that his back problems may persists are just that at this point.
    there is this guy called dan williams, advantage of him is that he actually fits the 4-3. cam thomas was really mediocre in collgere in the 4-3 and only is rated this hi cuz he is projected to do way better in the pros in the 3-4.

Cody is a massive risk any side, Linvall Joseph would make sense but still.

Neither Gronk or Gresham is anywhere close to the prospect KW3 is, niether are even close to being as athletic. Everybody always looks good on the pro day, id be suprised if any serious TE ran over 4.7 on a pro day

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
      there is this guy called dan williams, advantage of him is that he actually fits the 4-3. cam thomas was really mediocre in collgere in the 4-3 and only is rated this hi cuz he is projected to do way better in the pros in the 3-4.

Cody is a massive risk any side, Linvall Joseph would make sense but still.

Neither Gronk or Gresham is anywhere close to the prospect KW3 is, niether are even close to being as athletic. Everybody always looks good on the pro day, id be suprised if any serious TE ran over 4.7 on a pro day
      i completely agree that thomas is probably the best pure NT for the 3-4 in this draft but how can you completely dismiss his play at the senior bowl when playing on the same field as williams and cody? i really had to go back an watch the game a couple of times to realize that he played as well or better than both williams and cody and much better than both against the pass.

why is cody such a risk? i never understand this because the guy never missed a game in four years because of his weight at any level. if anything he has gotten smaller and was even at 348 for his pro day.

why doesn't gresham and gronkowski compare to winslow?

Winslow became the starter at Tight End and was named a finalist for the Mackey Award and deemed a First-team All-American by CNNSI.com, setting Miami records for a Tight End with 57 receptions for 726 yards and 8 touchdowns. His best game came during the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, which was the site of the BCS National Championship game that year, in which Winslow caught 11 passes for 122 yards and one touchdown.
      Despite a slight drop in production during his junior season, in which Winslow caught 60 passes for 605 yards and 1 touchdown, he was selected as a First-Team All-American by the Associated Press and numerous other publications, and won the John Mackey Award as the nation's best collegiate tight end. After the season, Winslow decided against returning to Miami for his senior season and declared himself eligible for the 2004 NFL Draft.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellen_Winslow_II

gresham had 24 TDs in two years before his injury. i have never seen a Major school tightend with that much scoring production in the past 10 or 12 years.

http://espndb.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188942

growkowsi is a young huge target that caught 10 TDs in 2008. he would easily be the best tightend in 2011 if he had decided to return.

Comment

• Winslow played in a very good conference with actual defenses. I would not put most pac 10 and big 12 defensive players in the NFL. But I want Spoon!!!!

Comment

• 2008 BCS national championship against florida--------8 rec., 62 yards, 2tds

against TCU----1 rec., 38 yards

against washington----3 rec., 99yards, 2 TDS

against miami-----------8 rec., 55 yards, 1 TD

west virginia-------------3 rec., 34 yards, 11.4 ypc. average

gresham was good against every conference

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
            Winslow played in a very good conference with actual defenses. I would not put most pac 10 and big 12 defensive players in the NFL. But I want Spoon!!!!
            You watch your dirt whorish mouth.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• You really need us to explain why Gresham and Gronkowski aren't comparable prospects to Kellen Winslow?
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information