Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Auron View Post
    I think that it is.

Right now I think we're ok with Shanle - Simmons - Fujita with Simoneau as an all-purpose backup.

on the other hand I'm not too crazy about Young, Leisle, and Lake at DT.. also Hollis tends to wear down in games so he needs someone to spell him in the rotation..

however that doesn't necessarily mean we should reach for a DT, if there's good value at LB available.
    I'm not totally sold with the Shanle-Simmons-Fujita rotation, but I agree that that trio is probably more solid than the defensive tackle rotation.

That being said, which linebacker would be worth a third round selection, in your opinion, over picking someone like defensive tackle Turk McBride, as Scott Wright has us getting?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

I'll be watching tomorrow. They also put part of the segment up on the ESPN.com website as well.
      I know. That might be the only way I can see it, as I'm going to be working most of the day.

Who do you think that the "experts" will have us picking... my money is either Aaron Ross or somebody off the wall that we haven't even talked about, like Sidney Rice or somebody like that.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
        I know. That might be the only way I can see it, as I'm going to be working most of the day.

Who do you think that the "experts" will have us picking... my money is either Aaron Ross or somebody off the wall that we haven't even talked about, like Sidney Rice or somebody like that.
        I'm pretty sure the experts will mostly talk about the Cornerback need, and probably give us Ross, Houston, Revis, McCauley...

they might give us a LB like Posluszny or someone.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the experts will mostly talk about the Cornerback need, and probably give us Ross, Houston, Revis, McCauley...

they might give us a LB like Posluszny or someone.
          If I'm correct, I think Chocula gave the Patriots Posluszny with the 24th selection... I could be wrong, but I think he had them getting him and Eric Weddle from Utah with their second first round selection.

How pissed would you be if they have us picking someone like Brian Leonard? I think I'd be surprised, but then given who's the "experts" per se, I wouldn't be too surprised...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Kiper's latest mock has us taking Aaron Ross
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

how would you guys feel about trading up to take Olsen?

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
                how would you guys feel about trading up to take Olsen?
                I would be puzzled if we did that, I think with the signing of Eric Johnson, and re-signing Billy Miller that we're fine at the TE position.

If he's the Best player available at 27 then fine, but if we trade up for someone it should be an impact Defensive player.

We may add a combo TE to groom in the middle rounds of the draft, but I think we have more pressing priorities in the early rounds.
                Last edited by Auron; 03-20-2007, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I would be puzzled if we did that, I think with the signing of Eric Johnson, and re-signing Billy Miller that we're fine at the TE position.

If he's the Best player available at 27 then fine, but if we trade up for someone it should be an impact Defensive player.

We may add a combo TE to groom in the middle rounds of the draft, but I think we have more pressing priorities in the early rounds.
                  I agree. After signing Eric Johnson, I think that we've added quality depth to our tight end position and it would be unnecessary to trade up in the first round for a tight end.

But now, I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints end up selecting a tight end later, someone like Ben Patrick, Matt Spaeth or Michael Allan in the middle of the Draft.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

I think we're not going to trade up to get Olsen. if he's there at our pick then I think we might seriously consider him but as far as moving up? I doubt it. I think we will really make a play at getting Ben Patrick as he's the type of player the Saints like and want.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

I think that it is.

Right now I think we're ok with Shanle - Simmons - Fujita with Simoneau as an all-purpose backup.

on the other hand I'm not too crazy about Young, Leisle, and Lake at DT.. also Hollis tends to wear down in games so he needs someone to spell him in the rotation..

however that doesn't necessarily mean we should reach for a DT, if there's good value at LB available.
                      I'm not overly impressed with the DT class this year. The LB class is much better and deeper. I would rather us draft a MLB because of Simmons age and if we can improve over what we have then I say we go for it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        Kiper's latest mock has us taking Aaron Ross
                        Flyboy called it, on ESPN's "On The Clock" segment, Kiper and the other two experts have us taking Texas CB Aaron Ross in the first round.

To read more, click here:
                        On the Clock: Saints

The video should be up later.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Just watched the segment and read the article.

- Complimented the Offense and Payton's playcalling ability. Talked about how deep we are at the skill positions, and said the Offensive line played better than everyone thought they would.

- Mentioned Loomis' successful 1st round picks in Smith, Brown, and Bush after the Sullivan debacle.

- Talked about the obvious need in the Secondary, particularly at Corner. Said Aaron Ross would be available and be a good choice, also mentioned Eric Wright.

- Also said run stopping personnel needed to improve along the interior D-line. Kiper said we could pick up a DT in the 2nd, 3rd rounds (Mebane, McBride were names thrown around)

- Closed by saying that if we can considerably improve the Defense this draft, we will solidify ourselves as top contenders.

---
                          Overall was a pretty general Saints overview, nothing that most of us don't already know. CB is the main need, and the Defense has room for improvements.

Comment

Just watched the segment and read the article.

- Complimented the Offense and Payton's playcalling ability. Talked about how deep we are at the skill positions, and said the Offensive line played better than everyone thought they would.

- Mentioned Loomis' successful 1st round picks in Smith, Brown, and Bush after the Sullivan debacle.

- Talked about the obvious need in the Secondary, particularly at Corner. Said Aaron Ross would be available and be a good choice, also mentioned Eric Wright.

- Also said run stopping personnel needed to improve along the interior D-line. Kiper said we could pick up a DT in the 2nd, 3rd rounds (Mebane, McBride were names thrown around)

- Closed by saying that if we can considerably improve the Defense this draft, we will solidify ourselves as top contenders.

---
                            Overall was a pretty general Saints overview, nothing that most of us don't already know. CB is the main need, and the Defense has room for improvements.
                            I was surprised that we were actually ranked higher than I expected against the pass (third, I believe) but that we were below average against the run. I thought that they did a good job summing up what we have and what we need, but I was surprised that Kiper even mentioned UNLV's Eric Wright. Where in the world did he come from?

That said, I think his pick of Aaron Ross is what we expected. Unfortunately, Ross' stock might be climbing due to his great workout in Austin today. He might not make it all the way to twenty-seven. :(

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
                              I was surprised that we were actually ranked higher than I expected against the pass (third, I believe) but that we were below average against the run. I thought that they did a good job summing up what we have and what we need, but I was surprised that Kiper even mentioned UNLV's Eric Wright. Where in the world did he come from?

That said, I think his pick of Aaron Ross is what we expected. Unfortunately, Ross' stock might be climbing due to his great workout in Austin today. He might not make it all the way to twenty-seven. :(
                              Well if all 4 top Corners (Hall, Revis, Houston, Ross) are gone by 27.. then I guess we'd be pretty unlucky. I'm still not ruling out jumping a few slots..to grab the guy we want. Say if either Revis, Houston, or Ross were hanging around at the 23,24 spot.. I could see us giving a 3rd/4th to jump the Jets and grab him.

Eric Wright is an intriguing prospect, he has great talent and cover ability but the incidents with the law are a big no-no in Payton's book.

Comment

Scott's newest mock draft has us getting Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston, LSU wide receiver Craig Davis, and then surprising to me, Brown inside linebacker Zak DeOssie. (who?)

Comments? Leave 'em here!

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information