Saints Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
    Scott's newest mock draft has us getting Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston, LSU wide receiver Craig Davis, and then surprising to me, Brown inside linebacker Zak DeOssie. (who?)

Comments? Leave 'em here!
    Not much has changed, DeOssie is small school guy who opened up some eyes at the combine.. Who has all the physical tools to be an NFL player, but is very raw and needs to become more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      I'm not overly impressed with the DT class this year. The LB class is much better and deeper. I would rather us draft a MLB because of Simmons age and if we can improve over what we have then I say we go for it.
      In the first round, Chris Houston would be a great fit if we were able to get him at 27. I'd prefer Aaron Ross but Houston is a good selection.
      In the second I'm leaning more towards not drafting Craig Davis. I'd rather have Ben Patrick in the 2nd. It's a slight reach but his stock keeps going up and he's the type of TE that we need to complete the offense.
      In the third round, DeOssie is a good player and someone who can turn into a Zach Thomas type of LB. I like the guy a lot and I have actually been thinking of going for either him or H.B. Blades in the third. Since it's a toss-up for me to choose between either of those players, then I can say that I am happy with the pick of DeOssie.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
        Scott's newest mock draft has us getting Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston, LSU wide receiver Craig Davis, and then surprising to me, Brown inside linebacker Zak DeOssie. (who?)

Comments? Leave 'em here!
        Not huge on the second round WR pick, but I love the DeOssie pick. A lot of people are really big on him right now. His father played in the NFL and he went to an Ivy League school (Brown) so you know he's gotta be a smart guy. I never once saw him play, but from the looks of it he was pretty productive, and he's got great measurables.
        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
          I love the DeOssie pick. A lot of people are really big on him right now. His father played in the NFL and he went to an Ivy League school (Brown) so you know he's gotta be a smart guy. I never once saw him play, but from the looks of it he was pretty productive, and he's got great measurables.
          ... and he can long snap ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

As picked by you, the Saints fans on NFL Draft Countdown...

With the twenty-seventh selection of the 2007 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select...

(image courtesy of Auron and the Associated Press ;))

Chris Houston, cornerback, from the University of Arkansas

Now on to round two! :D
            Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol; 03-26-2007, 03:26 PM.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Be the GM: Saints Second Round Selection?

Chris Berman: After choosing Chris Houston with their first round selection, the Saints are on the clock again with their second round selection...

You know the drill... second round time! :D

(note: I'm only putting up players who I believe will be available at our pick. If you think the Saints will pick someone I don't have as an option, leave a comment why.)

The nominees:

LB David Harris, Michigan

TE Ben Patrick, Delaware

DT Brandon Mebane, California

DT Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State

DT Justin Harrell, Tennessee

WR Craig "Buster" Davis, LSU

Someone else?

Or trade the selection away?

*.*

There are your choices, you be the GM... what would you do with the Saints' second round selection?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

I say Justin Harrell. The Saints badly need a young DT, and Harrell looks like he could be a really solid addition to the team.

Comment

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of these selections, they all look like good picks.

My list in order would go like:
                  Justin Harrell
                  David Harris
                  Ben Patrick
                  Craig Davis
                  Brandon Mebane
                  Quinn Pitcock

Comment

I know I will catch some heat but, I just think that Sidney Rice is an awesome WR, I would love it if the Saints traded up into the early/middle of the 2nd and took Sidney if he fell that far because he is a 1st round talent but there are some great WRs this year.
                    Or another Idea if Quentin Moses slips to us in the 2nd he might be worth taking just for talent, he had a bad year but I think he will be a stud.
                    the 2nd should either be a WR/LB
                    in the 3rd go with LB/DT

Comment

I think signing Brian Simmons allows the Saints to wait until the 3rd to look at a linebacker, especially since defensive tackle is such a pressing need and this is a really deep linebacker draft.

I love Hollis Thomas and Brian Young for now, but in a few years it'll be time for someone new. If Justin Harrell or Quinn Pitcock is around it'd be pretty dumb to not take them. They both excell against the run, which is definitely something the Saints need improvement in.

Comment

I voted for Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware.

The reason for that is because I think that Quinn Pitcock and Justin Harrell will be gone by our selection. I am not completely sold on us drafting Craig Davis. I also feel that we could land a really good linebacker in the 3rd Rd.
                        After Greg Olsen, Tight Ends really lose value and I feel the only good one after Olsen is Patrick. Also, Patrick fits our scheme really well and can come in and immediately be the #2 TE on the roster. Plus, with his stock soaring right now I don't think picking him in the second round would be that big of a reach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Tight Ends? Tight Ends?! Don't talk about.... Tight Ends?! I just hope we can have a defense!

Seriously though, between Eric Johnson, Mark Campbell, and Billy Miller we are solid enough at tight end. While adding a young talented player would be nice, it just isn't that big of a need, especially not second round. I've been openly against taking a WR in the second, but I would much, much rather go WR than TE if both are realistic options when we pick. Come on, guys... is a tight end really going to improve the team we had last season?

Anyway, this is a really, really, REALLY tough decision for me between LB David Harris and DT Quinn Pitcock. Both guys are the epitome of what we need to add on defense. Both are very hard workers, have top-notch intangibles, non-stop motors, and they are LEADERS. While neither is flashy, they play with heart and smarts, give 110% every game, and simply get the job done.

With that said, Pitcock would be a better value pick for us, so I think we should take him if he's on the board. While I am not one of them, I know a lot of people would consider David Harris a bit of a reach. I would be simply ecstatic if we could land either.
                          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

It looks good, but I don't like taking Buster Davis in the 2nd considering the other pressing needs of the team.

If Quinn Pitcock or Justin Harrell (unlikely, I know) are around, I'd imagine one of them would be the pick. If they're not, I wouldn't mind taking a linebacker in the 2nd (maybe H.B. Blades?) and going after a DT in the third (that big guy out of Oklahoma State? McBean, I think. Maybe thats a little early for him, but I love his measureables.)

Comment

here is my mock, with reasons of choice...

1- Chris Houston (CB, Arkansas): somehow he lasted to us at #27 and we take him. he would fill the 'need' that we have yet to address in FA. he is FAST, strong, and has charatcter. he starts out as a nickle for the 1st part of the season and then he works his way to starting in the middle to late part of the season. our future 'shutdown CB'.

2- Craig 'Buster' Davis (WR, LSU): since the loss of Horn, a WR is needed. Craig can catch, has speed, PR ability, and is SMART. Payton was at LSU's pro-day looking at Bowe and Davis...he would come in and possibly be our #2 to Colston or #3 to Devery. I would like Anthony Gonazlez (Ohio St) at this slot as well but he won't be around.

3- Ryan Harris (OL, Notre Dame): now why would we need a OL? well Payton believes a 'good draft' always includes a OL. Like a a Payton player, Ryan is smart, has lots of expeirence, and well played for Weiss who Parcells knows = maybe gives Payton a tip. he could provide us depth at LT, and at G...in which we need.

4a- Antonio Johnson (NT, Missi St): well we need DT depth and most importantly a NT after Hollis. the saints are looking a for NT, not a 3-tech etc. Antonio fits the bill for that! he has great size at 6'3 and 306 pounds. impressed at the senior bowl with his hustle and ability to beat out a few OL. he is a BIG sleeper. he would be our future starting NT after Hollis retires.

4b- Jay Moore (DE, Nebraska): now, with Grant's future in limbo we need depth at the DE spot. behind Grant and Smith, we don't have much.Ninkovich, has potential but he is coming from a torn acl. Whitehead, is 36 and is on the down-side of his career. Cooper is a project and improving. Jay, would add the depth were lacking. he had a OUTSTANDING senior bowl, is smart, blue collar type, and has size/run. sounds like a Payton player to me!

4c- Prescott Burgess (LB, Mich): well we need depth at the LB'er position. believe it or not, were set at LB'er with Fujita, Simmons and Shanle. Prescott is a smart, hard-working player, who can run and can play all 3 LB positions. Payton LOVES versatility. he can help us out on ST and be a top backup at all 3 spots.

5- Kevin Boss (TE, Western Oregon): are we really set at TE? Eric Johnson is a bona-fide starting TE but is injury prone. now we have Campbell but he is a blocker, Miller who is really only a backup and Owens who is a ST guy. this may-be a little too high to take Boss but he is a BIG TIME sleeper. has good size, can catch and will add depth to the TE corps to make it a strength to us. i love his potential.

6- Isaiah Stanback (QB/WR, Washington): QB isn't a sure spot AFTER Brees. Martin, is 36 and counting + in last year of his contract. Fife, is a project. Stanback, who is raw himself but has potential. Payton could work with him. he can also be our 'slash' and maybe get in at WR which can provide us depth. another player who is versatlie which Payton LOVES. interesting player.

7- Daren Stone (S, Maine): Small school guy, who is a sleeper and could provide us depth at SS, in which we don't have right now. Bellamy is a UFA, and Reis is a camp-body. Stone, has GREAT size at 6'3 and is very physical. he can come in and even help us at ST, but is a project as well.

Comment

I ran across a CB that put up some astounding numbers on his pro-day
                                Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly
                                He ran a 4.34 40 and is 6,1 3/8 he had seven picks in his junior season and the last two years has totaled 95 tackles.
                                He would be an interesting late round pick in with either the 5th or 6th round pick or maybe even a 4th rounder.
                                I think a WR in the 2nd round would be a good idea as long as we got value with the pick, my view on draft picks is that if you have even the slightest of need at the position you take the best value and WR is a small need.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information