X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin forward to seein what meachem can do. big potential here

Comment

• I lovin' the selection of Meachem more and more as the days go by.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the offense. The two people I'm most looking forward to seeing playing are Andy Alleman and Usama Young.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
          I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the offense. The two people I'm most looking forward to seeing playing are Andy Alleman and Usama Young.
          I was going to say the same thing, but you took the words right out of my mouth...! :)

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Kind of got lost in the mix but Scott recently put up his Saints Draft review. Link

All in all this group doesn't appear to be anything special but you almost have to give Sean Payton and Co. the benefit of the doubt after their 2006 Draft Day showing. In terms of immediate starters the Saints might strike out with this class but they are nearing the point from a talent perspective where it is hard to break into the lineup so it's tough to evaluate them in that regard. Long-term this classes' prospects are much brighter but even in a best-case scenario it will likely pale in comparison to their 2006 haul, although that will likely be the case for a long time to come because that group was just so special.

GRADE: B-
            Thoughts? At this point it's hard to argue with his assessment but like it was mentioned you have to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. They seem to know exactly what they are doing and they Drafted coachable players they feel they could develop.

It's doubtful that this Draft class has the sheer impact short term that last years did, but also it wouldn't really be fair to compare this years class to last years. Last years Draft was amazing, getting that many contributors right off the bat happens very rarely.

Comment

• I'd say thats about right. Lots of developmental guys with high ceilings. We'll have to wait a while to see if it pans out like it can, but I'd say we did alright.

Usama Young, Bushrod and David Jones are especially intriguing..they all have such high potential.

Comment

• '08 Draft

Who do you want to target?

Glen Dorsey
                Sedrick Ellis
                Dan Connor
                Frank Okam

Comment

• It's way to early to tell, but Glenn Dorsey would be nice. I don't hope we're picking that high though ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Yeah, it's just way too early to tell right now. We don't even know if we'll be picking in a range where those guys will be available.

Although I will say this much.. I definitely want an impact Front 7 player. Either at DT, or LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                      It's way to early to tell, but Glenn Dorsey would be nice. I don't hope we're picking that high though ;)
                      I hope he gets Alan Branch syndrome and falls that far to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                        I definitely want an impact Front 7 player. Either at DT, or LB.
                        I can agree with that :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Yea, no way we are in position to pick up Dorsey. He is a top 10 pick now and if he continues to play like we know he can then he will be locked in the top 10. I wouldn't mind Dan Conner, hopefully he drops like Puz did in 07.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Dan Conner would make sense.

Dorsey would make my life, though.

Comment

• i think i would drool like homer Simpson if i ver saw Dorsey in a Saints uniform. I just don't want the Saints to suck this next season for us to get him.

Comment

• How does Saints draft strategy change now that Michael Jenkins has chosen to go back for his senior year? How will it change if James Laurinaitis does not declare?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information