Ryan Smith Florida 5102 174
    Bo Smith Weber St. 5102 193
    Jonathan Wade Tennessee 5100 190
    Chaz Williams Louisiana-Monroe 5111 196
    C.J. Wilson Baylor 6012 196
    Josh Wilson Maryland 5092 189
    Eric Wright UNLV 5105 192

Comment

Houston and McCauley surprised with super fast times, Daymeion Hughes with a 4.72 kills him. He'll slip to late day 1, maybe day 2 with that.

Comment

Hughes is probably going to fall into Day 2. I'm suprised Ross' time wasn't faster.

I think by the looks of the 40's and their weigh-in we will definately be able to address our CB needs in the 1st if Willis and Puz are off the board.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

I think that we should draft a defensive back with the 2nd round pick. I just do not think that we will get good value at CB because the creme of the crop will be gone. I think that Fred Bennett or maybe if we are really lucky Aaron Ross in the 2nd.
          Whomever we draft we need a playmaker on Defense we did not really have one last year. Our defense needs to cause more turnovers, we did not cause very many last year and that is a huge boost in a game.

Comment

I'm wanting Chris Houston so bad right now it's scary.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

There are a few defensive backs I would like to get: Leon Hall, Darrelle Revis, Aaron Ross, Fred Bennett, Tanard Jackson... Even some guys to look to in the later rounds like Michael Coe and DeAndre Jackson.

I'm very iffy about Chris Houston, esp. now that he has the Ahmad Carroll comparison.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                I'm very iffy about Chris Houston, esp. now that he has the Ahmad Carroll comparison.
                I don't think he'll be anything like Carroll, people say that because they have similar height and were both Arkansas CB.

Houston has a better work ethic, and improved every year at Arkansas. He is
                also a lot stronger than Carroll and can jam receivers at the line.

I'm actually starting to think he might be gone before 27 as well as guys like Willis, Olsen...so that might limit the options.

I'm starting to feel really questionable about Tanard Jackson, he seems like he has trouble in deep coverage and might be better suited to be a safety, or zone corner.

Does not have very good hands or ball skills...Not much of a playmaker...Can be too aggressive at times...Timed speed is only average at best and he might have trouble in deep coverage...Has character questions that need to be looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                  I don't think he'll be anything like Carroll, people say that because they have similar height and were both Arkansas CB.

Houston has a better work ethic, and improved every year at Arkansas. He is
                  also a lot stronger than Carroll and can jam receivers at the line.

I'm actually starting to think he might be gone before 27 as well as guys like Willis, Olsen...so that might limit the options.

I'm starting to feel really questionable about Tanard Jackson, he seems like he has trouble in deep coverage and might be better suited to be a safety, or zone corner.
                  Personally, I talked to diabsoule about Chris Houston that the only comparison I can attach between him and Ahmad Carroll is just like you said, height, and of course, that they're both from Arkansas.

With the recent blazing 4.32 speed in the 40 in Indianapolis, Houston may have boosted himself out of the late first/early second to one of the top cornerbacks taken in April.

That being said, with players like Houston and Patrick Willis separating themselves from the rest of the pack, we might be in a pickle on Draft day.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Saints Draft Discussion

With the Draft rapidly approaching, just under 2 weeks now. Figured we could use a thread just for some Hardcore Draft talk, and post in it during the Draft.

So we've seen the combine, pro-day results, we've had some time to watch a little film on prospects. Who are the prospects you guys really like? Anyone have any player rankings, or big board made yet?

Here are the confirmed prospects that have personally visited / or are scheduled to visit with the Saints:

Paul Posluszny (OLB) Penn St.
                    Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny has interviews scheduled with San Diego and New Orleans.
                    - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
                    Trent Edwards (QB) Stanford.
                    John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the New Orleans Saints have a private visit set up with Stanford QB Trent Edwards.
                    John Beck (QB) BYU
                    BYU QB John Beck, who just welcomed a baby boy named Ty in Utah, will visit the Saints, Ravens and Lions.
                    Marcus McCauley (CB) Fresno St.
                    McCauley just returned from an official visit with the Eagles, and is now going to San Diego, then New York on Thursday and New Orleans on Sunday. After that: the Patriots, Giants and Titans.
                    Eric Wright (CB) UNLV
                    KFFL has learned the New Orleans Saints will meet with University of Nevada-Las Vegas CB Eric Wright April 14-15.
                    Ray McDonald (DT/DE) Florida
                    The 6-foot-4, 276-pound lineman has recovered from two serious knee surgeries two years ago and has been drawing interest from the New York Giants, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, Carolina Panthers, Browns, Saints, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Falcons and San Francisco 49ers. (reported on Sirius radio we have set up a visit)
                    Joe Staley (OT) Central Mich.
                    Staley currently has visits scheduled with the St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints.
                    ----
                    If anyone else knows of any prospects that have met with the Saints post them here please.
                    Last edited by Auron; 04-15-2007, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Here is the official Saints Draft Discussion thread!

I'd like to thank Auron for taking the time to point out that we need a thread like this just for who we think the either the Saints should draft or for official visits by upcoming members of this years draft.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Huh no mention of Chris Houston, that is a surprise considering he might be the best CB avalible at the time they draft.

Comment

Originally posted by 504 to ATL View Post
                          Huh no mention of Chris Houston, that is a surprise considering he might be the best CB avalible at the time they draft.
                          I don't think they are done setting up visits, a team can have up to 30 prospects visit I believe.

and also it's not a certainty that the players they do bring in are the main targets, often times a player that gets drafted admits he didn't even know the team was interested in him.

Comment

Heres a question..

If all 4 first round corners (Hall, Revis, Houston and Ross) are off the board when we select at 27, would you rather take Justin Harrell or Dwayne Bowe?

I personally don't think either one is a bad pick if they're our BPA. I think I'd take Harrell before Bowe because a young DT is a pretty big need for the Saints right now, but Bowe could be a really solid pick if nobody else is around.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                              Heres a question..

If all 4 first round corners (Hall, Revis, Houston and Ross) are off the board when we select at 27, would you rather take Justin Harrell or Dwayne Bowe?

I personally don't think either one is a bad pick if they're our BPA. I think I'd take Harrell before Bowe because a young DT is a pretty big need for the Saints right now, but Bowe could be a really solid pick if nobody else is around.
                              I'm thinking that come draft time if we want one of the top tier Corners we're going to have to trade up for sure. Hall, Houston, and Revis have done nothing but raise their stock since the combine/pro days, and Ross is rising as well.

In your scenario it depends on how the Saints have each player graded out, if Bowe and Harrell are the BPA, personally I would go with Harrell just because I feel like upgrading the Defense is the biggest priority, and this is a deep WR class.

I could see a good case for either one though.

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. A trade with Dallas, or someone in that range, seems almost necessary to get the corner we desperately need.

With a lot of picks this year I'd imainge it could be done, so its something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information