Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Orleans Saints Draft thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If I were the Falcons, I'd draft Glenn Dorsey and either hope Brian Brohm reaches my first 2nd round pick or trade up in the 1st to get him.

    The Saints trading up for McFadden is overkill, lol. They could easily use that other pick or picks elsewhere ... and heck, if they wanted a stud RB, could have their choice of Stewart or Mendenhall at a cheaper price. Although I wouldn't do that either myself, I'd sooner draft an offensive tackle to help block for Bush and Brees than take a RB at #10.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Geo View Post
      If I were the Falcons, I'd draft Glenn Dorsey and either hope Brian Brohm reaches my first 2nd round pick or trade up in the 1st to get him.

      The Saints trading up for McFadden is overkill, lol. They could easily use that other pick or picks elsewhere ... and heck, if they wanted a stud RB, could have their choice of Stewart or Mendenhall at a cheaper price. Although I wouldn't do that either myself, I'd sooner draft an offensive tackle to help block for Bush and Brees than take a RB at #10.
      i agree that it would be overkill, but taking meachem last year would be considered overkill too. that being said, i am mostly playing devils advocate, i dont think we will trade up unless dorsey slips past Atl.

      Comment


      • Meachem wasn't/isn't overkill imo. Let's be real, the only receiving threat to fear for the Saints is Colston - and Bush out of the backfield or lined up somewhere, but that can be limited somewhat - and Colston has had some injury/back issues although he hasn't missed much time. Patten was a great addition for the team as a receiver to count on to run his routes well and catch the ball (which stands out compared to Devery Henderson). Tight end, there's no real threat to fear, although they help move the chains.

        But with Colston and Meachem, the Saints could potentially one day have the best starting duo of receivers in the league (assuming what happens to Boldin in Arizona). They could force opposing defenses to play their safeties deep to avoid the big play, which can help open up the run game, and give Brees two big targets to find in the passing game. Colston isn't the best deep threat, but Meachem can fulfill that role with his speed.

        And really, the Saints need their offense to score, to help their opportunistic defense create turnovers.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Geo View Post
          Meachem wasn't/isn't overkill imo. Let's be real, the only receiving threat to fear for the Saints is Colston - and Bush out of the backfield or lined up somewhere, but that can be limited somewhat - and Colston has had some injury/back issues although he hasn't missed much time. Patten was a great addition for the team as a receiver to count on to run his routes well and catch the ball (which stands out compared to Devery Henderson). Tight end, there's no real threat to fear, although they help move the chains.

          But with Colston and Meachem, the Saints could potentially one day have the best starting duo of receivers in the league (assuming what happens to Boldin in Arizona). They could force opposing defenses to play their safeties deep to avoid the big play, which can help open up the run game, and give Brees two big targets to find in the passing game. Colston isn't the best deep threat, but Meachem can fulfill that role with his speed.

          And really, the Saints need their offense to score, to help their opportunistic defense create turnovers.
          i couldnt disagree more. look at their situation going into last years draft. they had the number one passing offense, with their QB and OL returning. their WR's were Colston, Moore, Patten, Henderson, and Copper. they had signed Eric Johnson in the offseason and had reggie coming off a great year receiving. it is unfair to judge how these players worked out, just look at the facts when they were drafting last year.

          the fact that you would call meachem and colston one of the best starting duos in the league is ludicrous. while colston is a stud, meachem could never get off the practice squad. had he not been a first round pick he would have be cut long ago. you also said we needed meachem to stretch opposing defenses, but he is not faster than Henderson or Moore. in fact, he runs route worse than patten, moore, and copper. he is slower than moore and henderson, and he doesnt hustle 1/10 of what copper does.

          add to that the fact that F "toast" thomas was burned several times in NO final game the previous year. they were in desperate need of CB's, LB's, and DT's, yet they still chose to select a WR. i agree that they need their offense to score, but i dont think the solution to a bad defense is more offense.

          Comment


          • Trade up for Ellis if Dorsey is gone early (top 5). Otherwise sit back and hope that Ellis falls to us, or pick Keith Rivers. Find a CB in the 2nd.

            I want Ellis though.

            Comment


            • I would hate to see the Saints trade into the Top 5 because that means that we're going to have to shell out a lot of cash on a player that hasn't even played yet (I'm a supporter of the rookie cap). I'd rather them stick where they are at and take the best DEFENSIVE player available (except DE), or trade down.

              Comment


              • Saints dangling Brown, hoping to move up for Dorsey

                The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source.

                http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100/rss



                Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                  The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source.

                  http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100/rss
                  Yeah, I'm buying that.

                  Not.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                  “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                  Comment


                  • Yea that is a terrible rumor that makes no sense. Gotta love how the media likes to stir up ********.

                    Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

                    Who Dat Nation!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                      The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source.

                      http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100/rss
                      no way in hell we give up brown

                      Comment


                      • I really hope the Saints grab Glenn Dorsey in trading up because I would hate to see him go to the Raiders or Falcons. :/

                        Sig by BoneKrusher
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                          The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source.

                          http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100/rss
                          I would hope not.

                          Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

                          WHO DAT

                          Comment


                          • Giving up Jammal Brown would be a big mistake, but I have some good news.

                            Originally posted by Rotoworld
                            Apparently the Rams aren't serious about pursuing New Orleans' offer of Jammal Brown, assuming it's true. Clayton says St. Louis doesn't want to move all the way to No. 10. The Saints now are expected to turn their efforts to Sedrick Ellis, which could lead to a deal with Baltimore or New England.



                            Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                              Giving up Jammal Brown would be a big mistake, but I have some good news.
                              Thank God. Although I wouldn't necessarily rule out a deal being worked out with the Chiefs. Personally, I thought Jammal Brown was a better RT than LT. If we did trade Brown it'd probably be for the 5th pick straight up, which would put us in position to draft both Ellis and Rivers or Ellis and Ryan Clady. or Ellis and McKelvin.

                              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

                              Comment


                              • I'm ready to stab this franchise in the face.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                                “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information