Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Shockey or Lito seems we will not be picking at number 40. IMO I would be happy with either. More for Lito I think the need is bigger. Im just ready for the Draft people.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Not so fast my friend.

Shockey for a 2nd and say a fifth.

Trade first rounders with the Eagles... they jump up to 10 to get one of the OL they covet and we trade down to select... BPA.

That would be dope.
      You are a clever guy. The 40th pick is worth 500 points and the difference between the 10th and the 19th pick is worth 425 points. Tampa Bay's 2nd rounder is worth only 380 points, so we would still have the best offer on the table.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Getting Lito Sheppard would be awesome for the Saints. I wouldn't be crazy about tradng the 2nd round pick for Shockey, but I wouldn't call it a bad move as Shockey is a top-notch tight end who would be a great offensive weapon for Brees.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• If we do trade down to #19. Who do you think we will target of the players likely to be available? Of the top of my head I could picture us taking Keith Rivers (if we are lucky), Kentwan Balmer, Kenny Phillips, maybe one of the top wideouts, Stewart/Mendenhall and probably a lot of other guys I didn't think of right now.

Get Lite Sheppard and Jeremy Shockey via trade
          #19 Kenny Phillips
          #78 Best available DT

Wouldn't be a bad start of the Draft, even though I don't think we should trade for Shockey.
          Last edited by Sveen; 04-25-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
            Well Shockey or Lito seems we will not be picking at number 40. IMO I would be happy with either. More for Lito I think the need is bigger. Im just ready for the Draft people.
            I don't like Lito being so injury prone.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Getting Lito Sheppard would be awesome for the Saints. I wouldn't be crazy about tradng the 2nd round pick for Shockey, but I wouldn't call it a bad move as Shockey is a top-notch tight end who would be a great offensive weapon for Brees.
              And, having the 19th to add a BPA. That would be a great draft for us, imo.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• As per ESPN, Todd McShay of Scouts.com says the possible trade with the New York Giants would "deplete their ammunition" and that if they give up their second round pick if they want to move up in the Draft.

Mel Kiper said New Orleans could be in that the last picks of the first round (around 28, I think he said) if they get Shockey because the tight end would give them another solid weapon for their offense.

Kiper and McShay had their final mock drafts posted on Sportscenter a few minutes ago, with McShay having the Saints taking Mike Jenkins and Kiper having the Black and Gold taking Leodis McKelvin.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• If you guys cost us getting Ellis I will forever despise the Saints.

Actually, I can relate to the whole having a DT that blows thing so I can appreciate if you guys make the move up. It sure will make my draft day suck though.

Comment

• haha, Saints are my fav NFC team...so you guys better not steal Ellis from us! I will have to start cheering for Bucs, Falcons, or Panthers in NFC games!

Comment

• Am I the only one of Saints fans here that would be a *little* concerned with Jeremy Shockey joining the Black and Gold?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Saints' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the New Orleans Saints in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.

Comment

• Good idea to have a Draft Day thread. I'll kick it all off by wishing everybody a good Draft Day, and by hoping the Saints will make good decision both today and tomorrow :)

Comment

• The latest on Jeremy Shockey

The New Orleans Saints are trying to land TE Jeremy Shockey and have offered what could be enough to get the deal done.

FOXSports.com has learned that New Orleans early this week offered the Giants a second-round pick in today's draft as well as either a sixth-rounder this year or a fifth in 2009 to get the deal sealed. Despite reports to the contrary, the deal has been on the table for quite some time and remains available today.
                            Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...40813162&ATT=5

Comment

• Sounds good to me for Shockey.

HAPPY DRAFT DAY ALL.

Let's hope for Sedrick Ellis for the win!

Comment

• It looks like Dorsey might get past both St. Louis and Atlanta amazingly ... Saints might have to hold off on the Shockey trade, or would be wise to do so, if they need that 2nd round pick as ammunition to trade up perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information