Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would take Suh and Berry above all else, regardless of need, etc.

After that, there seems to be a plethora of DTs and LBs, im sure we can get someone. I don't see Weatherspoon dropping, but some good LB is going to drop, or maybe even a supertalented DT like Marvin Austin.

I'd love Sergio Kindle as a realistic pick, I like his athleticism and aggression.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      I would take Suh and Berry above all else
      well this but you can add gerald mccoy to that list. After that I really hope that one of the stud DT's falls to the saints or weatherspoon. If weatherspoon is gone and the top DT's as well I could very well see them drafting a DEnd or a safetty

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Suh is tops on my list, although there is zero chance we land him.

Weatherspoon would be an excellent consolation prize but I doubt he falls to us as well. Arthur Jones or Dan Williams (who I'm liking more and more) would be who I would want us to realistically draft.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Suh or Berry obviously. I'm hoping Brian Price declares and we can pick him up with the 32nd pick. Everson Griffen may be a nice pick there also.

Edit: I also think Weatherspoon may be gone by this point, but if he is there, I hope we draft him.
          Last edited by CJSchneider; 12-16-2009, 12:17 PM.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Suh but we know thats not going down. I want Weatherspoon. Hope he falls to number 32.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• I thought Id do a saints mock draft with as an extension to my mock draft in the mock section.
              Rd 1 Everson Griffen DE USC
              Rd 2 Arthur Jones/ Tyson Alualu or some other DT, there are a bunch on about the same level imo
              Rd 3 Justin Cole OLB San Jose State
              Rd 4 Mark Tennant C Boston College
              Rd 6 Jonathan Amaya S Nevada
              Rd 7 AJ Jefferson CB Fresno State

or
              Rd 1 Everson Griffen DE USC
              Rd 2 Daryl Washington LB TCU
              Rd 3 Vince Oghobaase DT Duke
              Rd 4 Mark Tennant C Boston College
              Rd 6 Jeff Byers OG USC
              Rd 7 Nick Polk S Indiana

I actually prefer the second one cuz it could result in the saints drafting 4 instant starters with some luck.

Obviously free ageny is going to influence this some but due to the limited cap room I think the saints will primarily focus on getting no worse in free agency and maybe doing some patchwork but the real improvements have to be made through the draft.

- No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I also like your 2nd one.

Comment

• +1 on the second one too.

Comment

• I was having a second thought. Do you guys see the saints going for a second DT in one of the later rounds. There are a bunch of DT's on the roster but most of them arent that good, nor are they nose tackle kind of guys.

I actually would be quite okay with spending the sixth or seventh rounder on a guy like Cam Thomas, DeMarcus Granger or Jay Ross.

- No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      I was having a second thought. Do you guys see the saints going for a second DT in one of the later rounds. There are a bunch of DT's on the roster but most of them arent that good, nor are they nose tackle kind of guys.

I actually would be quite okay with spending the sixth or seventh rounder on a guy like Cam Thomas, DeMarcus Granger or Jay Ross.
                      I had thought he would go much sooner, but I guess his back injury has his stock falling some. I would have no problem taking a chance on him in the 6th or 7th.

Comment

• would love D'anthony smith in the second round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wD6Au_C60U

if there were some way that we could get D'antony smith and Lamarr houston i would love it .

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                          Very nice DT and OLB talent in this draft, we should get GREAT value.

Would love the coaching staff to add a QB late that they feel strongly about. I feel like with Brees, Pete CArmichael and Payton, we could develop a really good QB.
                          I agree. I know this is crazy but if Tebow is there in one of the later rounds i feel we should snatch him up. I mean in all honesty we all know he wouldn't play for 4-5 years. Brees and Payton could totally morph this guy into atleast a decent QB. But thats my opinion

Comment

• If Sean Weatherspoon and Dan Williams are both off the board do you guys think we might go DE if someone like Greg Hardy is available?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              If Sean Weatherspoon and Dan Williams are both off the board do you guys think we might go DE if someone like Greg Hardy is available?
                              Thats the only way Id want a DE.... If Weatherspoon is off the bored I will be sad. I've grown to be very fond of him in black and gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                If Sean Weatherspoon and Dan Williams are both off the board do you guys think we might go DE if someone like Greg Hardy is available?
                                I can see it happening. I think it really depends on what defensive (yes, I really foresee us going defense in the first two rounds, possibly three) prospect has the most value when we arrive at that pick. Hardy, Bowman, Price (if he is still there) Sapp (maybe). I really am excited to see how things go at the combine. Far more so than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information