This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
    I can see it happening. I think it really depends on what defensive (yes, I really foresee us going defense in the first two rounds, possibly three) prospect has the most value when we arrive at that pick. Hardy, Bowman, Price (if he is still there) Sapp (maybe). I really am excited to see how things go at the combine. Far more so than last year.
    I see if a Top Center falls, we will nab in round Three.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      If Sean Weatherspoon and Dan Williams are both off the board do you guys think we might go DE if someone like Greg Hardy is available?
      Id even be tempted of picking everson griffen over weatherspoon (not D Williams), imo DEnd is a fairly serious need since the fresh prince is good but grant is declining with every passing season. But with regards to hardy the situation you are scetching is the only way I would go for him. If something great falls into out laps who knows what would happen.
      The guy I have trouble with is JPP, on the one hand he would be great value at our spot, on the other hand he just screams bust to me. On the other hand I thought the same about vontae davis and he played pretty decent this season

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
        I see if a Top Center falls, we will nab in round Three.
        Not likely, however possible. However, I already see us targeting Kris O'Dowd next year.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Keep in mind thought that hte saints have a lot of free agents and although I hop they can keep the good ones one of them is bound to be lost.

Pos Pos Rank Rating Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team
          RB 13 Mike Bell RFA 4 6-0/225 Arizona New Orleans
          OT 1 Jammal Brown RFA 5 6-6/313 Oklahoma New Orleans
          QB 14 Mark Brunell UFA 17 6-1/217 Washington New Orleans
          OT 20 Jermon Bushrod RFA 3 6-5/315 Towson New Orleans
          TE NR Dan Campbell UFA 11 6-5/265 Texas A&M New Orleans
          K 11 John Carney UFA 20 5-11/185 Notre Dame New Orleans
          DT 17 Kendrick Clancy UFA 10 6-1/305 Mississippi New Orleans
          TE NR Darnell Dinkins UFA 7 6-4/260 Pittsburgh New Orleans
          OG 1 Jahri Evans RFA 4 6-4/318 Bloomsburg of Pennsylvania New Orleans
          OLB 5 Scott Fujita UFA 9 6-5/250 California New Orleans
          DT 18 Anthony Hargrove RFA 5 6-3/272 Georgia Tech New Orleans
          S 3 Roman Harper RFA 5 6-1/200 Alabama New Orleans
          LS 5 Jason Kyle UFA 15 6-3/242 Arizona State New Orleans
          C 12 Nick Leckey UFA 6 6-3/302 Kansas State New Orleans
          TE NR Billy Miller UFA 10 6-3/252 USC New Orleans
          WR 12 Lance Moore RFA 4 5-9/177 Toledo New Orleans
          WR NR Courtney Roby RFA 4 6-0/190 Indiana New Orleans
          S 8 Darren Sharper UFA 13 6-2/210 William & Mary New Orleans
          TE 10 David Thomas RFA 4 6-3/248 Texas New Orleans
          RB 1 Pierre Thomas RFA 3 5-11/210 Illinois New Orleans
          S NR Usama Young RFA 3 6-0/194 Kent State New Orleans

I think the saint s will resign the bolded ones but the guys I underlined will be tough to resign and probably one will be lost somewhere. Before that is done itll be tough to know where to draft.

With regards to the possible free agents losses and their influence on saints needs.
          Jamaal Brown:
          I think the Saints will try pretty hard to resign him but if he wants to hit the jackpot he could be lost. This season showed that the saints can manage without him but when lost OT would move high up the needs list.
          Jahri Evans:
          Id be terribly upset if they would let him go. Best guard in the league for the saints offense. Just get it done mickey. Look for the saints to draft a guard early if Evans would be lost.
          Pierre Thomas:
          Not entirely sure how much money he would be able to make in free agency, he just might want to stick around on a short contract to improve his league status.
          Darren Sharper:
          Probably depend on how many years Sharper thinks he'll keep playing if the saints are able to keep him. Depending on what happens with Jenkins one of the DB positions would become one of the bigger (2nd/3rd round) needs.
          Lance Moore:
          Like with Pierre im not sure how much Moore could get by leaving town. He might want to stick around but either way wideout will not become a need worth mentioning.

If I had to guess at this moment Sharper and Brown are the most likely to be gone but with Sharper's age and Brown coming of an injury they even might stick around

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
            Keep in mind thought that hte saints have a lot of free agents and although I hop they can keep the good ones one of them is bound to be lost.

Pos Pos Rank Rating Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2009 Team
            RB 13 Mike Bell RFA 4 6-0/225 Arizona New Orleans
            OT 1 Jammal Brown RFA 5 6-6/313 Oklahoma New Orleans
            OT 20 Jermon Bushrod RFA 3 6-5/315 Towson New Orleans
            OG 1 Jahri Evans RFA 4 6-4/318 Bloomsburg of Pennsylvania New Orleans
            OLB 5 Scott Fujita UFA 9 6-5/250 California New Orleans
            DT 18 Anthony Hargrove RFA 5 6-3/272 Georgia Tech New Orleans
            S 3 Roman Harper RFA 5 6-1/200 Alabama New Orleans
            LS 5 Jason Kyle UFA 15 6-3/242 Arizona State New Orleans
            WR 12 Lance Moore RFA 4 5-9/177 Toledo New Orleans
            S 8 Darren Sharper UFA 13 6-2/210 William & Mary New Orleans
            TE 10 David Thomas RFA 4 6-3/248 Texas New Orleans
            RB 1 Pierre Thomas RFA 3 5-11/210 Illinois New Orleans

Very good info, I deleted the players I think we could live without next year and we could get better at with FA or draft. Also remember we have two rookies coming next year off of injuries, but will have a year in our system (Vaugn and Arnoux) I see us resigning either Clancy or Hargrove, and Im going with Hargrove because he is cheaper I think. Also with the whol no cap thing we might want cut more guys normally, so we can sign better players.Kyle is a amazing LS, no way he leaves. Thomas played very well as a back up TE, and Scott will resign for less because I believe we will go OLB in the first two roudns to have someone replace him. Moore will re-sign, because the injury stopped him all year. Thomas will re-sign, because we are the only team who took a chance on him. Sharper will resign and will decline next year, btu a very good mentor. Harper is a starter, and we can't lose all of our safetys at once. So in the draft I see us:
            1st. DT or OLB
            2nd. The opposite
            3rd. BPA
            4th. OT if not taken in 3rd.

Someone said Kris O'Dowd, and to be honest I would LOVE that.

Comment

• pretty good pickings for sam linebacker in rounds 3-4

rennie curran
              brandon spikes
              daryl washington
              dekota watson
              a.j. edds
              thaddeus gibson

williams seems to love the smaller guys like arnoux and cassilas so i'm thinking that curran, washington, and watson would probably be ideal.

curran is only 5'11 225 but he would be great in the 3rd round as fujita's eventual replacement. Dakota watson was suprisingly quick and physical in the senior bowl.

Comment

• some tight ends and possession wideouts that we may consider

blocking tightends

jimmy graham 6-6.3 259 34 3/4 10 5/8

colin peek 6-5.4 250 33 3/4 9 5/8 (extremely good blocker at the point of attack) helped pave way for the eventual heisman trophy winner mark ingram.

andrew quarless 6-4.2 248 33 3/4 10

nathan overbay 6-4 262 32 5/8 9 7/8

possesion wide receivers

danario alexander
                riley cooper
                marcus easley
                joe webb
                seyi ajirotutu
                terrell hudgins

Comment

• WR is so not a need. We have guys like Adrian Arrington who we can't even get on the field.

Comment

WR is so not a need. We have guys like Adrian Arrington who we can't even get on the field.
                    Exactly, and I feel the chances are pretty high that we re-sign Lance Moore. I think we should be able to get him back in Black and Gold for fairly cheap and he is a fantastic insurance policy in case anyone goes down. Just look at what he did last year when Colston went down.

I will be writing a detailed off-season report which will address our biggest needs after the Super Bowl but off the top of my head either a penetrating or run-stuffing DT (depending where they want Ellis to line up), an upgrade over Fujita at OLB, and Safety. I would say Defensive End but it wasn't that long ago that we re-signed Charles Grant to a big money extension so I think he will get one more year. Also, if we get a DT, we could slide Hargrove to DE, which is his more natural position.

Like I said, I will explain what I think the Saints top needs are coming up but after the Super Bowl.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• what exactly would re-signing moore accomplish for this offense?

these are moore's #'s:

regular season

14 catches, 153 yards, and 2 TDs

playoffs

3 catches, 11 yards, zero TDs

he cant run block. he comes out for meachem on running downs. he won't take snaps from henderson because he isn't the deep threat henderson is. his role is diminished from last year because of our dedication in the running game in 2009 and because he lacks the speed of henderson and meachem and the size of colston.

he'll never see those 2008 numbers again as long as we maintain our current balance.

the only reason moore remained off of the injured reserve list was because moore is a very good special teamer if we need to replace reggie or cortney roby due to injury.

adrian arrington can't contribute to special teams and couldn't push moore to injured reserve when given a chance.

arrington was even cut in favor of rod harper.

we need another versatile wideout because of limited roster spots.

Comment

• Rod Harper is on the IR and Arrington was moved to the active roster back in January

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...omote_rec.html

Comment

• Lance Moore has been injured all year, so I really don't know why your basing his stats on anything. If you wanna look what he can do, look last year, when he was healthy. I keep saying this but you don't understand he hasn't been 100% all year.

Comment

Rod Harper is on the IR and Arrington was moved to the active roster back in January

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...omote_rec.html
                            harper still beat arrington out for the final 53 in preseason.

arrington only got promoted last week because meachem and moore were questionable.

i couldn't make this up. harper got injured early in the season in october after he'd already beaten arrington out for a roster spot.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ace_recei.html

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                              Lance Moore has been injured all year, so I really don't know why your basing his stats on anything. If you wanna look what he can do, look last year, when he was healthy. I keep saying this but you don't understand he hasn't been 100% all year.

we were less of a running team last year.

#28 in 2008.

#6 in 2009

does anyone actually watch the saints play? the guy comes out for meachem all of the time on running downs.

he'd rest up for four weeks, come back, and still not produce because he won't see the field as much.

we split david thomas out wide as much as we do lance moore.

Comment

• rod harper > arrington

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...tepping-Harper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxpNghvs30

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information