Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of how you feel about Harper my point is, we have Arrington, who we can't even get out there, we have so many receivers, why do we need more? We traded a 6th rounder to GB to get back in the draft to get Arrington, and have held on to him in some capacity so as no otherteam can pick him up, he obviously has value.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      Regardless of how you feel about Harper my point is, we have Arrington, who we can't even get out there, we have so many receivers, why do we need more? We traded a 6th rounder to GB to get back in the draft to get Arrington, and have held on to him in some capacity so as no otherteam can pick him up, he obviously has value.
      it's not only how "I" feel. we made no special attempt to retain arrington so that no other team could get him. he was exposed on our practice squad the entire year where anyone could've signed him if they wanted him bad enough.

we outright cut him in favor of rod harper.
      not only that we signed roby to the roster over arrington too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4476219

harper will likely take his spot next year as the 6th receiver when he is not brought back.

we already have roby and harper as return guys with value who contribute but we don't have another possession receiver like colston who gets open in the first 5-10 yards who can also run-block and maybe beat opponents down the field.

a receiver like Danario alexander or Reily cooper would be an upgrade over moore because they can do all of the things that colston and meachem can do and even but also contribute to the intermediate passing game. joe webb has even better size and explosiveness than arrington though isn't much faster.

we also passed up pierre garcon and chaz shilens for Demario pressly in 2008. there is some value in the 4th or later that can help us out.

Comment

• Joe Webb will likely be drafted in around the same area Arrington was. Danario Alexander is coming off a knee injury, I'll wait to see what he does at the Combine to make any further decisions about him. Although Riley Cooper could be a mid-round guy, I thought he was siding towards baseball.

Comment

• Look at my Fantasy draft on my sig and tell me what you guys think.

Comment

• dont like selvie, would be a bad fit imo, like the rest though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
              dont like selvie, would be a bad fit imo, like the rest though
              I see Selvie as our situational pass rusher. Also am I the only one who thought Fujita was out of synch some plays?

Comment

• zachsaints, i really like cody and peek.

wicket, oghobaase and joseph would be great picks.

i like daryl washington and weatherspoon but i have yet to see gregg williams pursue a bigger guy like weatherspoon with questionable speed.

re-watching the senior bowl, it is apparent that both guys will definetly be first rounders and I really would not lose my top if we went linebacker first overall. i would find it hard to swallow if we passed on a talent like cody or price for a linebacker or anything else but

oghobaase in the second
                linval joseph in the 3rd

would be really help solve our run stopping woes.

Peek is a great value in the 4th and i would really like a big receiver like Joe webb in the sixth to replace lance moore.

Comment

• Just a quick question guys. If Weatherspoon is gone and you don't think the Saints would reach for someone like Bowman in the first I'm assuming you would go d-line. If that's so do you take defensive end or tackle and if it's DT do you go UT or NT. I only ask beause I noticed in the SB that Gregg Williams deployed a lot of 30 fronts. While Sed Ellis is a stud I really don't see him as a NT in a 3 man front

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                    Just a quick question guys. If Weatherspoon is gone and you don't think the Saints would reach for someone like Bowman in the first I'm assuming you would go d-line. If that's so do you take defensive end or tackle and if it's DT do you go UT or NT. I only ask beause I noticed in the SB that Gregg Williams deployed a lot of 30 fronts. While Sed Ellis is a stud I really don't see him as a NT in a 3 man front
                    The only reason the Saints ran so many 3 man fronts was because the Colts almost ran a spread offense. The base formation is still a 4 man front but the choice can be either NT or UT with a slight preference for NT. Ellis is very capable to do either

- No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Hmmm Maurkice Pouncey in Scotts draft..... Who woulda thought we would need a Center? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                        Hmmm Maurkice Pouncey in Scotts draft..... Who woulda thought we would need a Center? :)
                        its the second time he had a first rounder that suprised me and neither of them were a pleasant suprise. I just dont get pouncey over griffen, just flat out dont. Pouncey at the end of the second wouldnt even be good value, selecting him in the first is just crazy imo

- No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

its the second time he had a first rounder that suprised me and neither of them were a pleasant suprise. I just dont get pouncey over griffen, just flat out dont. Pouncey at the end of the second wouldnt even be good value, selecting him in the first is just crazy imo
                          Haha I think its a reach as well, but I really dont think hed be there in the 2nd. Would I take him over Weatherpoon? No. Cody?..... thats a tough choice.

Comment

• ow on another note, darryl in the second would be awesome

- No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

ow on another note, darryl in the second would be awesome
                              We would need better space eaters up front to free Washington to make plays.

If Weatherspoon, Dan Williams, and Jared Odrick are all gone in the first round then I'd like to get Perrish Cox. He's a great returner, would make an excellent nickel back, and would help Malcom Jenkins go over to FS, which seems to be what his position will be in the pros.
                              Last edited by diabsoule; 02-11-2010, 08:28 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                We would need better space eaters up front to free Washington to make plays.

If Weatherspoon, Dan Williams, and Jared Odrick are all gone in the first round then I'd like to get Perrish Cox. He's a great returner, would make an excellent nickel back, and would help Malcom Jenkins go over to FS, which seems to be what his position will be in the pros.
                                I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information