The critique on griffen is only partially justified, as I remember the USC-ND game where he flat out dominated. He is also to big to be a 3-4 rush backer. I get that you dont like him for the saints but that is not my issue.
The issue is that corner doesnt make sense even make sense imo even if all of the following happens:
-None of Weatherspoon, Price or Williams falls to the saints
-Jenkins is moved to safety
-No larger need is created by FA losses.
So even when all those three things happen which seems unlikely imo I still wouldnt like a corner high because:
- Greer and Porter are both young and excellent starters who should be saints for a while still
- *** and Torrence are excellent depth, the play of torrence this season was severely underrated.
- Even when Jenkins gets moved to safety that doesnt prohibit playing either young of jenkins as nickelback
- No good value for corner at the end of the first in my opinion
- Way to much money tied up at corner anyway
- GW apparently thinks that the saints lack the FRONT 7 to be an elite defense. Hence Saints do have the secondary to do so.