This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    Why do we need an offensive tackle when we have Bushrod, Brown, and Strief?
    Don't forget Pro Bowler Jon Stinchcomb ;)

But I really see us gettign a 2nd for Brown or Bushrod, which is exciting.

Comment

Seems like the same story every year. We need to become a little active in FA so that we won't go into the draft with gaping holes on defense like we have now.
      You're preaching to the choir brother.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
        I'm trying to figure out who to give the Saints in my mock.

Dan Williams, Spoon, and Everson are all off the board. What would you guys think about getting an OT like Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell and maybe even Vlad Ducasse? If not OT, than what position.
        Sorry for he lapse here. I don't know why I was talking OT. I don't know how but at that time, I totally forgot about Jamall Brown.

Comment

• So what do yall think of Scott's new mock?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Id be upset if we passed on Brian Price.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
              So what do yall think of Scott's new mock?
              a highly regarded inside source at SR.com basically says that the saints are only considering DE and OLB in the first round of the draft.

he ("truckman") says that there are only about 7 guys who are even in consideration for the #32 pick.

those guys are

brandon graham
              jerry hughes
              carlos dunlap
              daryl washington
              sean weatherspoon
              ricky sapp
              sergio kindle

of all of the guys mentioned, gregg williams seems to prefer jerry hughes the best.

my pleas for a NT and TE aren't likely to be answered in the first round no matter who falls to us. i think that the staff considers pass rushers a premium over everything else at this point. the good news is that the saints are likely to to desperately acquire two more picks in the top 100 according to the same source. if that happens we will more than likely still have picks to address NT later.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                So what do yall think of Scott's new mock?
                I think I would be ok with it. But I really dont think we will stay at 32.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
                  the good news is that the saints are likely to to desperately acquire two more picks in the top 100 according to the same source. if that happens we will more than likely still have picks to address NT later.
                  If this happens I see us moving a OT, either Bushrod or Jamaal.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                    If this happens I see us moving a OT, either Bushrod or Jamaal.
                    yes, you seemed to have hit the nail on the head with the jamal brown trade and the saints wanting a LB 1st. the staff seems to be in love with the seven mentioned above and who am i to question them.

there is also another option of trading down even if we do move bushrod or brown to acquire even more picks.

the source said that we are definetly going to try to ensure 4-5 picks in the top 100 of the draft somehow. with those picks we could possibly go:

DE, LB, NT, TE, DT and still have our 4th, 6th, and 7th left over.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
                      yes, you seemed to have hit the nail on the head with the jamal brown trade and the saints wanting a LB 1st. the staff seems to be in love with the seven mentioned above and who am i to question them.

there is also another option of trading down even if we do move bushrod or brown to acquire even more picks.

the source said that we are definetly going to try to ensure 4-5 picks in the top 100 of the draft somehow. with those picks we could possibly go:

DE, LB, NT, TE, DT and still have our 4th, 6th, and 7th left over.
                      Crap, use Jamaal to trade up and get Weatherspoon. 2nd get a DE/DT, 3rd get the oppsite, 4th C/QB, 6th Demarcus Granger, and 7th BPA. I would feel its a very productive draft

Comment

• Anyone else feel we are gonna trade up for a big time player, and then watch as we do nothing the rest of the draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
                          Anyone else feel we are gonna trade up for a big time player, and then watch as we do nothing the rest of the draft?
                          Yes, and I think that big name player will be Antoine Bethea.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Yes, and I think that big name player will be Antoine Bethea.
                            Really? hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
                              Really? hmmm
                              We are one of three teams interested in him for his 1st round tender.

Also
                              http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf..._characte.html

Dunlap may not be the pick then.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                                We are one of three teams interested in him for his 1st round tender.

Also
                                http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf..._characte.html

Dunlap may not be the pick then.
                                I did not know that, i'm very surprised about the Bethea thing

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information