Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Orleans Saints Draft thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Saints | Scheduled to meet with Pitta, Olsen

    Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the New Orleans Saints are scheduled to meet with Brigham Young TE Dennis Pitta and Notre Dame OL Eric Olsen Sunday, April 11, and Monday, April 12.

    NFL | Weatherspoon scheduled to meet with three teams

    Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon is scheduled to meet with the New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos.

    Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the Cleveland Browns, New Orleans Saints, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings and St. Louis Rams have invited Central Florida DT Torrell Troup for an official visit or have asked for a private workout. Troup is also receiving interest from the Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars and New England Patriots.
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw.php/nfl#636312

    Comment


    • If they can get olsen in the fourth or later id be all for it, the guy would imo be an upgrade at center and would provide depth at all the interior spots at the very least


      Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
        Dennis Morris from Marshall? And I like Peek because he is a very good blocker, and noone knows how good a reciever because the limited action he saw at Bama. I don't even know hwo Junior Galette is, but I am guessing OLB because you mentioned Norwood, who I LOVE. The man just makes plays. And Konz= Bigger faster stronger Gleason.
        no, dennis morris from LA Tech

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARorin9Aos

        this kid looks like he is the best blocking TE in the draft and he even took alot of SEC and highly ranked defenders like kyle wilson to school. he's like a david thomas that actually has in-line blocking skills. he had 12 TDs receiving last year as well.


        DE junior galette from stillman was like the brandon graham of the texas versus the nation game. he ranked second in the 3-cone and shuttle only to Jerry hughes at the combine and he has a great first step and phenomenal pass-rush moves.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_Vpfd-KDs
        Last edited by nofalcons10; 04-02-2010, 04:29 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
          no, dennis morris from LA Tech

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARorin9Aos

          this kid looks like he is the best blocking TE in the draft and he even took alot of SEC and highly ranked defenders like kyle wilson to school. he's like a david thomas that actually has in-line blocking skills. he had 12 TDs receiving last year as well.
          I taught Dennis in the 8th grade. I am trying to contact him to call into JBond's podcast.




          2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            I taught Dennis in the 8th grade. I am trying to contact him to call into JBond's podcast.
            I've been a listener of JBonds podcast the past few weeks. He is good.

            Comment


            • TCU linebacker Daryl Washington has a big month ahead of him.

              The 6’2”, 230-pounder is scheduled to meet with the New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, New Orleans Saints and Tennessee Titans over the next few weeks, Washington told me via text message Friday night.
              http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ing-em-up.html

              I'd love to get this guy

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
                would be tough though, he is a bit of a reach in the first and will be gone by the second probably. If mickey stays put I dont see it happening


                Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

                Comment


                • I want Spoooooooooonnnnn :(

                  Comment


                  • We also met with Terrel Troup as well.

                    Comment


                    • I think with the signing of Alex Brown that we will now probably draft Daryl Washington at 32, which would be hella sweet. Get him at 32 and someone like Cam Thomas at 64 and we would be set for next year on D.

                      Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                      Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        I think with the signing of Alex Brown that we will now probably draft Daryl Washington at 32, which would be hella sweet. Get him at 32 and someone like Cam Thomas at 64 and we would be set for next year on D.
                        Im the opposite on this. I think trade down to mid 2nd, pick up atleast an extra 3rd, and get Price, Norwood, Lane, and BPA with the other. I can wish can't I?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                          Im the opposite on this. I think trade down to mid 2nd, pick up atleast an extra 3rd, and get Price, Norwood, Lane, and BPA with the other. I can wish can't I?
                          I agree it sets up some nice scenarios - we are not as stuck as I would have percieved us to be to pick a DE in the 1st.




                          2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • My ideal draft would be this:

                            1. OLB Daryl Washington, TCU
                            2. DT Linval Joseph, ECU
                            3. CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford
                            4. OLB Roddrick Muckelroy, Texas

                            Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                            Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              My ideal draft would be this:

                              1. OLB Daryl Washington, TCU
                              2. DT Linval Joseph, ECU
                              3. CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford
                              4. OLB Roddrick Muckelroy, Texas
                              oh i would not like that one, I still think washington in the first is a reach and aoa and gerhart make little sense to me


                              Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wicket View Post
                                oh i would not like that one, I still think washington in the first is a reach and aoa and gerhart make little sense to me
                                I dont see Gerhart?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information