Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love it if Craig Davis fell to us in the 2nd. Hes fast enough to stretch the field, a great route runner and really soft hands.

Comment

Adam Schien on Siruis radio yesterday, mentioned that the Saints "LOVE" David Harris (MLB, Mich). he said that they like him enough that they could snatch him up in the 1st at #27.

per: http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26507

i would like Harris, but maybe in the 2nd round. Also, didn't we sign Simmons to be the starting MLB?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints67 View Post
        Adam Schien on Siruis radio yesterday, mentioned that the Saints "LOVE" David Harris (MLB, Mich). he said that they like him enough that they could snatch him up in the 1st at #27.

i would like Harris, but maybe in the 2nd round. Also, didn't we sign Simmons to be the starting MLB?
        The rumors start to heat up big time this close to the Draft. Schein may very well have some knowledge on the situation, but I doubt he knows exactly who the Saints top target/s are, and exactly how the Saints big board is shaping up.

Harris is a good player, and strong in the middle. I'd imagine maybe they could trade down a few slots, and pick up Harris if there was no one else they liked at 27. Even though we did sign Simmons, I'd have to imagine if they Draft a LB like Harris it'll be to groom for the future as a longterm solution since Simmons is 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints67 View Post

I'm glad the Saints LOVE Harris, because I also LOVE Harris. I see him as the next DeMeco Ryans.

Simmons is getting older and does have some injury concerns. I do think he's got a solid 2-3 years left in him, but you never know. If we get David at CB, I think it would be acceptable to take Harris at #27.
          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I think it depends who else is on the board. If someone like Poz or Timmons, or maybe even Beason are still around (unlikely but you never know) then we should probably scoop one of them up.

Poz would be a huge steal at 27.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
              I think it depends who else is on the board. If someone like Poz or Timmons, or maybe even Beason are still around (unlikely but you never know) then we should probably scoop one of them up.

Poz would be a huge steal at 27.
              Poz is the only one I'd definitely take over Harris. Beason would also get a good, long look. I'd definitely take Harris before Timmons.
              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Visits with Lawrence Timmons, and Robert Meachem confirmed.

Link - NFL.com
                Florida State's Lawrence Timmons, an atypical linebacker who blitzed a lot from the strong side in college. The most unusual thing for him during the whole workout process of the draft has been meeting face-to-face with "so many coaches that I see on TV all the time. I'm thinking, WOW, I can't believe I'm talking to this guy." Timmons has been on a journey in the past few weeks that took him to Detroit, Cincinnati, San Diego, Pittsburgh and New Orleans, among others.

With two weeks of travel that included visits to St. Louis, Minnesota, San Diego, Atlanta, New Orleans, Kansas City and San Francisco, Tennessee Volunteers wide receiver Robert Meachem has the right to be tired.
                If you know of any other new visits please post.
                Last edited by Auron; 04-20-2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

quick question : i need a WR with my 4th round pick for the saints. who should i pick ? rhema mcnkight or laurent robinson ?

Comment

The new mock has us taking John Beck in the 2nd round. To me, this is almost a waste of a high round pick, considering the other needs we have.

I can't be the only one who feels this way can I?

Comment

I feel the same way about the Beck pick in the 2nd, I would much rather trade up or down than pick a QB in the 2nd round.
                      I really like the Justin Harrell pick I think he has shown that he has the heart to play the game which is a great quality for a football player to have, you know he will not be slacking off.
                      Questioning the Beck pick
                      In the 3rd he has us going WR in "Drae" don't really know much about him to make a call on this one

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                        The new mock has us taking John Beck in the 2nd round. To me, this is almost a waste of a high round pick, considering the other needs we have.

I can't be the only one who feels this way can I?
                        I usually try to keep a very open mind in regards to mocks, but the Beck pick in the 2nd just seems very questionable.

I don't know how the coaching staff has everything planned out but personally I feel there are a lot more priority issues that need to be addressed before a backup QB to groom.
                        Last edited by Auron; 04-23-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                          I usually try to keep a very open mind in regards to mocks, but the Beck pick in the 2nd just seems very questionable.

I don't know how the coaching staff has everything planned out but personally I feel there are a lot more priority issues that need to be addressed before a backup QB to groom.
                          I feel the very same way about the Beck pick. I know our second rounder is very hard to nail down but I consider to be a reach in the bottom second round.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

10. New Orleans takes a late-round flyer on Paul Thompson: We'll grant you that the Oklahoma senior quarterback hasn't generated much pre-draft buzz, but you still might want to remember his name and see where he lands on the NFL map. The Saints make sense, because with Drew Brees firmly entrenched as the starter, they'd have the luxury of time to groom a young quarterback with an impressive set of physical skills and intangibles.

Who's Thompson? He's the guy who bailed out coach Bob Stoops and the Sooners last season, leading Oklahoma to an 11-2 record and a surprise Big 12 Championship Game win over Nebraska before the Sooners' memorable Fiesta Bowl overtime loss to Boise State. That despite Oklahoma losing star running back Adrian Peterson for most of the season with a broken collarbone.

Thompson played receiver for most of 2005 after losing his QB job to Rhett Bomar, but when Bomar was kicked off the Sooners team in August 2006, Thompson rode to the rescue. While some in the NFL see him as another Michael Robinson, the ex-Penn State quarterback turned running back, Thompson is worth a look as a passer. He's 6-4, 220 pounds, and runs a 4.6. He has just the one season as a starting quarterback, but for a team that can afford to have a little patience with him, he could provide a huge payoff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...4/draft/2.html
                            __________________________________________________ _____________________

I really like that idea. He'd add another versatile weapon to our offense. I'd like to take a flyer on either him or Isaiah Stanback.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Thompson sounds intriguing. If he's there in the late rounds it's worth a look.

Comment

The end is near... the moment of truth is almost upon us... and the question on everybody's mind...:

Pizza or Buffalo Wings...? :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information