This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
    A bit random, but what would you guys think about drafting a WR with your Round 1? Any indication that it could maybe possibly happen?

I was just randomly thinking that Marques Colston and Golden Tate could be a real nice duo for you guys.
    Unless it was a Top 15 prospect like Dez Bryant, I don't see something like that happening at all and even if he is, it's not set in stone we'd take him.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Unless it was a Top 15 prospect like Dez Bryant, I don't see something like that happening at all and even if he is, it's not set in stone we'd take him.

the funny thing is that danario alexander might be just as good as dez bryant but will likely fall to the 3rd or fourth round because of injuries.

i'd still very much consider another receiver in this draft if the right one were available at good value.

arrelious benn is a guy that the staff really likes. i wouldn't be shocked if we took him early.

i really like andre roberts, joe webb, and kyle williams too.

Comment

• I'm back!

(Well, well, well, crack up the AC/DC because I'm back...)

Greetings, fellow NFL Draft fans, for those of you that know me, it's been a long time since I've been on here and for those who do not, it's good to see so many new Saints fans on here.

So much has happened since the last time I can remember being on here. If I'm correct, it's been more than 2 years. Obviously, the Saints have gone from wild card mediocrity to Super Bowl champions (boy, it never gets old saying that, does it?) in only a few short years. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't a fan of Sean Payton when he was originally hired and wasn't high on drafting Reggie Bush, but both moves have paid off royally, especially last season.

I haven't been following the Draft as much as I used to, as evident by my extended absence from the forum. I used to be able to make mock drafts for the first round, predicting who everyone would select based on need and even guessed on trades and other movement in the draft. This year, thanks to a.) my work schedule and b.) the wonderful idea of the NFL to move to first round to Thursday night, I'm going to miss the first round. And as it is, thanks to the Saints winning the Super Bowl (see what I mean?), the Black and Gold have the last pick in the first round so it will be difficult to predict who will be around at 32.

Now, as everyone on here has, I definitely have my own opinion on who New Orleans should look at, but as I pointed out earlier, these individuals might not be around by the time the Saints are on the clock.

As most Saints fans (except some select individuals) agree, New Orleans needs to focus at least their first round selection on defense. Even with the acquistion of DE Alex Brown, the Saints still have a hole at outside linebacker due to the departure of Scott Fujita and have a glaring need at defensive tackle (especially at the nose). These are the three players that I would most like if we would be lucky enough to draft one of them.

1.) Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri

2.) Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

3.) Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

Any of these three individuals would help fill a need and are all possess star potential at their position. I know there are some people that are high on Alabama nose tackle Terrence Cody, but I'm not too fond of him due to his weigh issues and questionable work ethic.

With less than a week before the Draft, who do you see the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints selecting with the last pick in the first round?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• I really like odrick but not in the 4-3, it will not be an issue do cuz he'll be long gone but still

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Spoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If we get him I will seriously be the happiest guy ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
              Spoooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If we get him I will seriously be the happiest guy ever.
              Same here but I dont see him getting past Atlanta. But I can still hope.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                Same here but I dont see him getting past Atlanta. But I can still hope.
                Atlanta needs a pass rush in a bad way I think. They will/should go DE.

Comment

Atlanta needs a pass rush in a bad way I think. They will/should go DE.
                  Then the Cards will get him. Im almost positive he will be gone. I hope he is still there but I dont see it. Who knows who will be up for grabs at 32. But we might as well get use to picking 32. I see another title within 3-4 years.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ocinco-effect/

He could slip to us easily.

Comment

I hope to god you are right.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                        I hope to god you are right.
                        I know right?

Comment

• In all honest though, my dream draft would be:
                          1. Weatherspoon
                          2. Tebow
                          3. Gerhart
                          4. Lane
                          6. Konz
                          7. Granger

Comment

In all honest though, my dream draft would be:
                            1. Weatherspoon
                            2. Tebow
                            3. Gerhart

4. Lane
                            6. Konz
                            7. Granger
                            ??????????

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              ??????????
                              I know right? Crazy, but think about it.

We get Tebow to a 5 or 6 year deal, we give him the 1st three like his freshman year at UF. Goalline and shortyardage situations, kinda like the wildcat. In 3-4 years Brees will be 35 and near the end of the new deal, when its right for Tebow to step in and take over the team. Not to mention we don't have a 2nd QB, I don't trust Chase Daniel.

Gerhart, well the other thread I said we have PT23 and Bush on one year deals. And both will look towards getting paid good money. I highly doubt we keep both. So we get the bruiser back in Gerhart, who would be an amazing fit in the one back set with 3 wide, and we have him as well locked up for awhile.

And for the others, Lane fills a need at young DE to step in when Browns time is done, Konz think Steve Gleason but better, and Granger gives a body at DT.
                              Last edited by zachsaints52; 04-19-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

In all honest though, my dream draft would be:
                                1. Weatherspoon
                                2. Tebow
                                3. Gerhart
                                4. Lane
                                6. Konz
                                7. Granger
                                I like the idea of Gerhart but I would rather get Colt Mcoy then Tebow.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information