Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Meachem. Okay pick. Would have liked Alan Branch here though.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

With the 27th overall pick the Saints select WR, Robert Meachem from Tennessee.

would've liked to see Defense preferably CB or LB, but Meachem was considered one of the top WR prospects. He could be our legitimate #2 guy opposite Colston.
      Last edited by Auron; 04-28-2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Wasn't high on Branch at all. I'm happy with the pick... signing David allowed us to take the BPA (to us). Our offense just got a little better and WR was a need for us.

Brees/McAllister/Bush/Colston/Henderson/Cooper/Meachem/Johnson. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post

Brees/McAllister/Bush/Colston/Henderson/Cooper/Meachem/Johnson. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
          Most definitely. Payton has a ton of flexibility in calling the Offense. I do hope we go mostly Defense from here on out though.

Comment

Me too. I'm hoping for a CB in the 2nd rounds... don't think Chris Houston will fall to us, but I'd be happy with Eric Wright, McCauley, or Hughes.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Ouch the Falcons took Chris Houston. Well looks like he's the enemy now.

Can't wait to see Meachem run past him for a TD. :)

Comment

Eric Wright in the 2nd would be great.

Comment

Houston completely made Meachem irrelevant when they played against each other. Payback time for Meach!

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                    I agree. Either him or Josh Wilson. Maybe even Brandon Siler or HB Blades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                      Still a lot of Defensive value out there.

Wright, McCauley, Siler, Buster Davis (FSU), Rufus Alexander,Tyler, McBride, McDonald.

Even top Center Ryan Kalil is still on the board as of now.

Comment

• Screw you Cleveland. You're right, Auron. I would be happy with any of those picks... except for McBride, McDonald, & Kalil.

And there goes McBride.

Comment

• The site has been going very slow for me I can't seem to post when I want to. Wright, and Josh Wilson are off the board two players we could've used.

We're on the clock. Looks like we traded out of the 58th spot with the Lions. Exchanged for the 66, and 145. Maybe we can still get one of our main targets.
                          Last edited by Auron; 04-28-2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• With the 66th pick we took Usama Young, CB from Kent State.

don't know much about the guy, we did pass on McCauley for him but I'll trust the front office and scouting department on this one after all they did spend countless hours watching the film, and talking to coaches.

Here's Scott's scouting report on him
                            Strengths: Has good size and a solid frame with long arms...Timed speed is excellent...Very athletic...Hips are fluid...Has terrific feet...Solid tackler...Smart...Tough and a hard worker...Has special teams potential...Pretty productive...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:
                            Did not always play against top competition...Instincts are questionable...Still has to get stronger...Is not overly physical...Awareness is coverage is just average...A workout warrior who might not play up to his triangle numbers..Just okay in man.

Notes: First name is pronounced "oo-SOMM-uh"...A four-year starter...He has everything that you look for from a measurables standpoint...An underrated prospect who really put his name on the map at his Pro Day and will go higher than most think.

Comment

• I know what the front office is capable of but I would much rather have drafted McCauley than Young.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Agree. McCauley should have been the pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information